Storybook Canal Boats vs. Casey Jr. Circus train

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
If I'm planning on doing the Storybook Canal Boats, would you recommend skipping Casey Jr. Train as just a duplication or might it be fun to go on both? Although I'll be solo, I'm really looking forward to doing everything in Fantasyland.

Although you see much of the same scenery, I like to do both. With the boats, you get a much more close up view of all the minatures. But there's something about riding in the cages on the circus train, just plain fun.

It's a tie. They both are great. Yes, you may be traveling around the same scenery, but it's from different perspectives. Since I don't go to DL every year, I go on Storybook Land first to hear the narration, then I go on Casey Jr. to see some of the views I couldn't from the boat.

IMHO, ride them both.

pirate:

Simba's Mom said:
If I'm planning on doing the Storybook Canal Boats, would you recommend skipping Casey Jr. Train as just a duplication or might it be fun to go on both? Although I'll be solo, I'm really looking forward to doing everything in Fantasyland.

Simba's Mom - I just noticed something in your post - "Although I'll be solo". With sounding like some sort of psycho, why would you do Fantasyland, let alone DL, solo? (You don't have to answer that if you don't want to). If I lived in CA, I'd volunteer to go with you. DL(Fantasyland) is a lot of funny when shared with someone that gets the experience.

pirate:

I have to agree it really is a tie, my daughter loves both too, we like being in the monkey cages on Casey Juniors Train and the Storybook Boats give a very up close view of the amazing miniatures, and as I get older it never gets less funny to see the "giant" ducks hanging out in the villages.

:earboy2:

I agree I also love both-

I also have NO issues with doing DL solo- Its a totally different experiance that I recommend everyone trying cause well if you are by yourself you can ride Thunder 4 times in a row if ya want to ;)

-em

Disneyland_emily said:
I also have NO issues with doing DL solo- Its a totally different experiance that I recommend everyone trying cause well if you are by yourself you can ride Thunder 4 times in a row if ya want to ;)

-em

I apologize if I offened anyone by my "solo" commentary. I just have so much fun there that I, myself, just can't imagine keeping all that joy and pleasure bottled without someone to share it with. I, personally, have never gone by myself. I just can't imagine what it would be like. I have the most fun when I am there with kids under 8 years of age. They have so much fun, especially if it is their first time. I could see maybe doing Tommorrowland, Adventureland, et. al. by myself, but Fantasyland and Toon Town I couldn't do by myself. Maybe I'm too much of a kid at heart (and that's not a commentary on the hearts of others). Please accept my apologies if I offended you in any way.

Sincerely,

Capt. Jack pirate:

Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
I apologize if I offened anyone by my "solo" commentary. I just have so much fun there that I, myself, just can't imagine keeping all that joy and pleasure bottled without someone to share it with. I, personally, have never gone by myself. I just can't imagine what it would be like. I have the most fun when I am there with kids under 8 years of age. They have so much fun, especially if it is their first time. I could see maybe doing Tommorrowland, Adventureland, et. al. by myself, but Fantasyland and Toon Town I couldn't do by myself. Maybe I'm too much of a kid at heart (and that's not a commentary on the hearts of others). Please accept my apologies if I offended you in any way.

Sincerely,

Capt. Jack pirate:

Your comment wasn't offensive at all. I believe -em was just emphasizing that you can have fun either with good company or by yourself.

Although my favorite times to go anywhere is with my rascals, I enjoy going solo, too. You get more time to notice what is going on around you. I really get a kick out of watching the youngsters have fun. It's a different experience.

As for whether you should ride Casey Jr if you go on Storybook Land Canal Boats - I say definitely. This is a fun ride, and for the little ones too small for rollercoasters it is exciting. I really get a kick from this ride.

Mary Jo said:
Your comment wasn't offensive at all. I believe -em was just emphasizing that you can have fun either with good company or by yourself.

Although my favorite times to go anywhere is with my rascals, I enjoy going solo, too. You get more time to notice what is going on around you. I really get a kick out of watching the youngsters have fun. It's a different experience.

As for whether you should ride Casey Jr if you go on Storybook Land Canal Boats - I say definitely. This is a fun ride, and for the little ones too small for rollercoasters it is exciting. I really get a kick from this ride.

I guess part of my fear of "going solo" is that being an over-40, balding, slightly over-weight male cruising around Fantasyland solo might make some parents a little uneasy.

pirate:

Next time you're at DL, really take a look around - there are all kinds of people there to have a good time.

I really don't think anyone would notice.

I think Capt. Jack is just looking for an excuse to go to Disneyland ;)

I agree that a solo trip sounds like fun, but I would have to sneak off and say I am going to a scrapbook convention in order to ditch my crew. They all love Disney so much. Hmm maybe that would work...

As for the OP question, you really should do both unless the lines are way too long. They are so Disney...

I've noticed that my friends who did never developed the taste for traveling alone. I think it is something most people do out of necessity at first, then once they realize the joys, they jump in joyfully!

There was more than one time last week that I WISHED I was alone...especially when we'd get to the front of the line and the small person who, 15 minutes earlier, had insisted he couldn't POSSIBLY go potty, would announce in a loud voice, "I'm gonna pee my pants!!!!"

That's the kind of Disney Magic I could live without, lol!!!

Plus, with little ones, I didn't get to ride the Tower of Terror or the Bobsleds, two rides I would really like to do!

I can see the value of both experiences.

BTW...I've found my 40's to be a chance to shed my inhibitions. Who cares what people think if I decide to join in a dance or sing along...they'll just dismiss me as a goofy old lady now, rather than assuming I have something wrong with me, lol!!!

HaleyB said:
I think Capt. Jack is just looking for an excuse to go to Disneyland ;)

I've been figured out! :blush:

We were actually shooting for a week in October, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I haven't been to DL in almost 10 years. I grew up in So. Cal. and I used to go 4 times a year (mom's work, dad's work, stepmom's work, church) until I graduated High School. I really miss it.

pirate:

Capt. Jack Sparrow said:
Simba's Mom - I just noticed something in your post - "Although I'll be solo". With sounding like some sort of psycho, why would you do Fantasyland, let alone DL, solo? (You don't have to answer that if you don't want to). If I lived in CA, I'd volunteer to go with you. DL(Fantasyland) is a lot of funny when shared with someone that gets the experience.

pirate:

I understand your question-it does make some people wonder, why would a middle-aged woman by herself want to do all the rides in Fantasyland? I guess it's because Disney makes me really feel like a kid again. I'm a school teacher who spends so much time being "adult" that I like to let the other half live at Disney. Besides, it really gives all the CMs a smile!

Simba's mom,

I would do both. My daughter's favorite color is orange. She just had to ride in the orange train car (it was a cage). Even though there were people inside so there was not room for Dad and baby sister. They had to ride behind us in an open air car.

In all my previous visits I had followed the guide books that said to skip casey jr and do storybook if you had to choose.

I guess because I had no expectations, I was suprised at how fun that little train was. I don't know if all the cars or if it was just our little orange cage, but it had a bit of a thrill to it. There are slight hills and it picks up a little speed in places.

After our ride this past December, I have described it as the mini, mini, mini BTMR ;)

Sher

We did both back to back, the boats first for the narrative and then the train. We like the caboose of the train the best as it is the most....thrilling.... ;). Back there you get a little more whip in the turns I guess...lol! Besides you get to sit backwards. The best part for my 7 year old train fan was waving at the people on the boats, including the tour guide who had just taken us around on her boat. He loved that part.

Jennifer

I love them both and recommend everybody do them both! My daughter and I love to sing the song on Casey Jr's Circus Train and the boat ride is just so magical. One sidenote, those are the two rides I miss the most when I am at WDW. WDW is incredible but the Fantasyland at MK is really a disappointment!

Both both both! Love them both! They were both down for refurbishment when we were there and everyone was so disappointed - all the way from the 2 yr old to the 57 yr old. Both are unique to DL and great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter