Story Time Villas at Windsor Hills??

I have a few more questions----

I'm looking at ST3 and ST4-----it looks like ST3 has a townhome on both sides of it and ST4 is a corner unit. Looking at the pool, it appears that the side of ST4 faces the street. There is no privacy wall?? Is it still "south facing"? (south facing seems to be important??)

Where can I find a location map? I know I've seen one but can't remember where Storytime properties are and can't remember where I saw the map.

Can someone tell me where the utility room is located in the townhomes? Washers and dryers are listed but I don't see the "utility room" in the floor plan.

Has anyone used the theatre in the Clubhouse? Do they have a schedule of movies to show or can you pick?

Storytime website says Disney fireworks can be seen from the resort. Do they mean from the townhouses, villas or from a specific place at the resort?

I think we've decided to try the townhouse for our next trip. Once DH and I started talking about it, it was hard to justify paying twice as much for space we don't need. So, we've decided to try the townhouse for our Fall trip and then book the 6bdrm for the trip after (we'll be sharing with my sister's family).

Regarding ADR's----It's difficult for me to plan when we have a lot of ADR's to get to. We really enjoy being able to grab meals at "home" instead of working around so many reservations. Of course, we want a few ADR's but the majority of meals are simple meals we fix ourselves.

Again, thank you all for so much advice and information.

I have a few more questions----

I'm looking at ST3 and ST4-----it looks like ST3 has a townhome on both sides of it and ST4 is a corner unit. Looking at the pool, it appears that the side of ST4 faces the street. There is no privacy wall?? Is it still "south facing"? (south facing seems to be important??)

Where can I find a location map? I know I've seen one but can't remember where Storytime properties are and can't remember where I saw the map.

Can someone tell me where the utility room is located in the townhomes? Washers and dryers are listed but I don't see the "utility room" in the floor plan.

Has anyone used the theatre in the Clubhouse? Do they have a schedule of movies to show or can you pick?

Storytime website says Disney fireworks can be seen from the resort. Do they mean from the townhouses, villas or from a specific place at the resort?

I think we've decided to try the townhouse for our next trip. Once DH and I started talking about it, it was hard to justify paying twice as much for space we don't need. So, we've decided to try the townhouse for our Fall trip and then book the 6bdrm for the trip after (we'll be sharing with my sister's family).

Regarding ADR's----It's difficult for me to plan when we have a lot of ADR's to get to. We really enjoy being able to grab meals at "home" instead of working around so many reservations. Of course, we want a few ADR's but the majority of meals are simple meals we fix ourselves.

Again, thank you all for so much advice and information.

ST 3 faces a open field area and is the most directly gets the sun of the townhomes as its south facing.

ST4 has some upgrades ( granite countertops) and gets a lot of the sun as well as it faces sideways ( not quite as much as 3 but more than 2) and is open on one side. It faces the side of the other townhomes and the side view is that of a road but its only a small part of the road you see ( there are some plants that block some of it) and its a quiet road that is only for people in the townhomes. Not a lot of traffic.

By utility rooms I am assuming you mean where the mop and broom and stroller are ? It would be downstairs in the area under the stairwell. Its like a walk-in closet size.

The washer and dryer and stacking and located upstairs in the hall.

The clubhouse theater plays a dvd that you pick out . Then they give you a time you can watch it and they have a small theatre room. ( I would imagine you could watch it right away if it was free)

You can also get stuff for the pool table , ping pong tables , tennis stuff , etc. at the register in the small store they have. I think you give them something like 5.00 to borrow the stuff and you get it back when you bring your money back.

There is also a small gym there and a bathroom with showers .

A word of warning . Once you stay in a townhome you will never go back onsite. And once you stay at a big home its hard to ever go back to the townhome. You will have a great time.

Anyone know how far in advance they typically book out? We have a LONG time until we get to go back, but fighting my post disney blues has me choosing where to stay next. DH had said 4 years but with showing him how much more cheaply we can manage staying offsite he is sold on 2011!!! :thumbsup2

I had just started looking over the Storytime website last night, and was wondering if it was as good as it looked. After reading this thread, I'm pretty sold on trying to book one of the townhomes, if we can really get it all together to go for the children's Spring Break.

For those of you that book these or any other townhomes, do you purchase any kind of travel insurance?

I realize these are 'older' posts... but can anyone still vouch for Storytime Townhomes.. still a good choice for 2015? looking at #4

I realize these are 'older' posts... but can anyone still vouch for Storytime Townhomes.. still a good choice for 2015? looking at #4

We stayed in Storytime #2 two years ago, and was very impressed. The home was perfect, so we are going again in May 2015 and we are staying in #4. We thought we'd try a different unit. I think this one was the closest to the clubhouse. I liked the cleanliness of the the homes!

We stayed in StoryTime 4 a year ago. It was very nice, and the owners had quick communication.
My only complaint was the cleanliness. The carpets didn't seem to have been vacuumed, the bathroom had some hairs in it, and there was still trash on the front porch from the previous guests, which sat there for 3 days of our stay. I'd probably stay there again, but I'll be bringing some extra Clorox wipes, just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter