"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Hello Tess

I noticed you were staying at the BCV in October. Did you have any trouble with the busses in the morning for rope drop going to the magic kingdom since the yacht club gets picked up first? I am staying in the villas for the first time in December. I hope you had a great trip

Hello Tess

I noticed you were staying at the BCV in October. Did you have any trouble with the busses in the morning for rope drop going to the magic kingdom since the yacht club gets picked up first? I am staying in the villas for the first time in December. I hope you had a great trip

The two resorts do not share buses in the morning hours. Later in the day sharing happens, but that is after the a.m. rush to the parks.

We had no problems whatsoever--no longer than a 15 minute wait early in the a.m. (first or second bus to MK or AK). In fact, when traveling to AK the crowd to board was so large that the bus filled and another was within minutes behind it. We beat some of the folks on bus 1 to FOP despite being on bus 2.

The key is to be at the bus stop early if you hope to get the first one to either park. That 7:30 a.m. EE at AK is killer, but you will be rewarded with a FOP walk on if you catch that first (or even second) bus.

Guests have definitely gotten the memo that you need to be up early and at the bus stops equally early to make the most of your morning.

Hello Tess thank you very much for your helpful information. I am so excited to stay there in December!!!!

The two resorts do not share buses in the morning hours. Later in the day sharing happens, but that is after the a.m. rush to the parks.

We had no problems whatsoever--no longer than a 15 minute wait early in the a.m. (first or second bus to MK or AK). In fact, when traveling to AK the crowd to board was so large that the bus filled and another was within minutes behind it. We beat some of the folks on bus 1 to FOP despite being on bus 2.

The key is to be at the bus stop early if you hope to get the first one to either park. That 7:30 a.m. EE at AK is killer, but you will be rewarded with a FOP walk on if you catch that first (or even second) bus.

Guests have definitely gotten the memo that you need to be up early and at the bus stops equally early to make the most of your morning.

I'm so glad to know that the buses aren't shared in the morning now. Last I was there, a couple years ago, they were. I use an ECV, and one morning I waited almost an hour, and through 3 buses, because they were full of their ECV capacity, going to AK. So relieved now for my January stay.

We have a reservation for a 2 bedroom dedicated in Feb. I was just doing some research on what room requests to make and saw some comments about the larger balconies. Are those just on the 2nd floor? We stayed in a 2br at BCV earlier this year but we were on the road side which wasn't so great from a balcony perspective. Anyone have any specific 2br's they like or any other recommendations?

Same we have a dedicated 2 bedroom booked for June. Any specific room numbers/location recommendations would be helpful. Thank you

Tried to scroll through the past few pages and my search function isn’t working…🤦🏼‍♀️ It’s been forever since we’ve needed the laundry room. I know it’s on the 4th floor, but I can’t remember the exact location. And I don’t want to make my husband wander around with our 10k laundry 🙊 Where is it located??

ETA: Nevermind! Scrolled through pics on the first page and found it. Duh🤦🏼‍♀️ 😆

Last edited:

Anyone currently staying at BCV that could share the January recreation calendar??

Tried to scroll through the past few pages and my search function isn’t working…🤦🏼‍♀️ It’s been forever since we’ve needed the laundry room. I know it’s on the 4th floor, but I can’t remember the exact location. And I don’t want to make my husband wander around with our 10k laundry 🙊 Where is it located??

ETA: Nevermind! Scrolled through pics on the first page and found it. Duh🤦🏼‍♀️ 😆

Basically, you get off the main elevator at the 4th floor and look for the sign that says "guest laundry". It's the first room you come to following that little arrow.

Anyone currently staying at BCV that could share the January recreation calendar??

Sorry, took me a bit to actually remember to grab this while in the lobby

Basically, you get off the main elevator at the 4th floor and look for the sign that says "guest laundry". It's the first room you come to following that little arrow.

Yes, found it!😅

Sorry, took me a bit to actually remember to grab this while in the lobby

Wow, nothing but quality printing from Disney these days. :rolleyes:

So happy to join here! I became a DVC owner last year and purchased a BCV contract. So happy! It's my favorite resort and I can't wait to go back there. I have my first trip booked as an owner for the end of February. Are there any news about the refurbishment planned for 2022?

Thank you LilyJC for posting the activities for January! It helped me planning for my February/March trip.

Hello Tess

Solution to Yacht Club first pickup - walk through the building to Yacht Club lobby, then out to the bus stop.

Staying for the first time in Sept. I have looked at the room views on Touring Plans and it looks like some of the 2 bedrooms have a little view of Spaceship Earth. Has anyone stayed since the lights were added to Spaceship Earth in one of these rooms? Wondering is the closeness to the road is worth the view, if you can see it anymore. I wonder if the trees may have overgrown that view by now. Thanks

I am dreading our upcoming stay. Four adults in a studio at BCV. Anything we can do to make the tiny space more bearable?

I am dreading our upcoming stay. Four adults in a studio at BCV. Anything we can do to make the tiny space more bearable?
Try to insure you get a large balcony. You will have a tough time seating 4 people on some of the balconies.

Switch to a 2 bedroom? Hah. Is anyone shorter? Maybe someone can use the pull down bed under the TV. Other than that, it'll be a little tight..not sure what to tell you. You could close the sofa bed after waking up so it's less cramped during the day. Beyond that, it's a studio, so it is what it is.
Try to insure you get a large balcony. You will have a tough time seating 4 people on some of the balconies.
There's an idea - sleep on the balcony! :laughing: Or if you're paying for the room, send someone else out there. Bug spray is available at the marketplace. (disclaimer: do NOT do this. This is satire, or something)

I will try to do that! I'm not sure how to make a room request - do you just use the app?

Switch to a 2 bedroom? Hah. Is anyone shorter? Maybe someone can use the pull down bed under the TV. Other than that, it'll be a little tight..not sure what to tell you. You could close the sofa bed after waking up so it's less cramped during the day. Beyond that, it's a studio, so it is what it is.

We tried, but unfortunately no switching as the points are already spent. I think we will have to close the sofa bed up each morning. One perk is that the room will be so cramped it'll force us to be out and enjoy the park as much as we can!

I will try to do that! I'm not sure how to make a room request - do you just use the app?

We tried, but unfortunately no switching as the points are already spent. I think we will have to close the sofa bed up each morning. One perk is that the room will be so cramped it'll force us to be out and enjoy the park as much as we can!
Pray for good weather so you can spend the extra time at the pool!

For a room request, use the chat feature on dvcmember.com (usually the easiest/quickest) or call. You can try email but I wouldn't count on it being read in time, especially if it's close. There are prompts when you do the online check-in, but as far as we (the people of the internets) can tell they're completely ignored. So, ask someone from member services to add the requests to the reservation and leave those prompts blank at online check-in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter