"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

We booked a BCV studio and only checked the request box for “higher floor.” We arrived this morning so, not surprisingly, our room wasn’t ready. But just a few hours later, i received a text with our room number assignment but also a note that it wasn’t quite ready. It was a first floor room so I thought, “well, so
much for requests!” But it really didn’t matter so I let it go, only to receive another text a bit later giving a different room #, this time on the 2nd floor. I absolutely LOVE the room we were assigned. It’s a studio but has the huge covered porch I never even knew existed (except for recently seeing a reference to them here). I’m spoiled now! When i told the concierge how much I loved our room, he said to be sure to request the actual room number next time, adding that they always try to honor specific room requests. I know that’s contrary to what I had believed and what many have experienced but just bought
I’d share.

We booked a BCV studio and only checked the request box for “higher floor.” We arrived this morning so, not surprisingly, our room wasn’t ready. But just a few hours later, i received a text with our room number assignment but also a note that it wasn’t quite ready. It was a first floor room so I thought, “well, so
much for requests!” But it really didn’t matter so I let it go, only to receive another text a bit later giving a different room #, this time on the 2nd floor. I absolutely LOVE the room we were assigned. It’s a studio but has the huge covered porch I never even knew existed (except for recently seeing a reference to them here). I’m spoiled now! When i told the concierge how much I loved our room, he said to be sure to request the actual room number next time, adding that they always try to honor specific room requests. I know that’s contrary to what I had believed and what many have experienced but just bought
I’d share.

It's contrary because he's not a room assigner and is thereby completely wrong :). The "error" you made (besides not having ESP and absorbing internal DVC/Disney knowledge by osmosis) was thinking that the on-line check-in site preferences actually work. They may for regular rooms, but they're either completely ignored or simply aren't transferred to the room assigners for DVC reservations. Either way, that form is basically useless.

In the future, simply email or chat with member services and put in your request that way. That's the only way that's had any impact in my experience. You can certainly request the specific room, but the problem is that if it's not available (which is more than likely), it's completely disregarded and you'll just get the next available room.

Perhaps you could say "room 235 or an equivalent room near that area", which may help. I suppose there's only way to find out! :-)

Enjoy your trip!

I’d share.

Yeah, that does not work. I have been trying for years to get my same studio on the first floor and I end up anywhere but that room--more often than not way far from it.

Does anyone know what type of coffee maker is in the studio? Trying to plan what to bring for DH. BCV is our home resort but we haven't actually stayed there in like four years. Very excited to be back home for our kiddos' first stay here and visits to Stormalong Bay!

regular with the pod thingies, I think 12-cup. If there's a smaller one there, you can simply request a regular 12-cup one if you prefer that.

They have pods for 12 cup? I thought the pods were only individual cups. :confused3 We use the individual pods at home. Sorry, I'm not a coffee drinker. Do you maybe mean 12 oz, not 12 cup? Thanks!

I meant "filter packs", sorry. I'm not quite the coffee connoisseur I think I am, apparently.

Don't discount yourself as a coffee connoisseur just because you don't know about the coffee they provide in the rooms. I tried it in desperation two years ago and it was nasty! I have a grinder and filters in my OL and bring my own beans! :laughing: Then again I am a coffee snob!

Don't discount yourself as a coffee connoisseur just because you don't know about the coffee they provide in the rooms. I tried it in desperation two years ago and it was nasty! I have a grinder and filters in my OL and bring my own beans! :laughing: Then again I am a coffee snob!

I bring the Joffreys packets home. I think they're great! Did you use unfiltered Florida tap water? You don't have to be a coffee guru to know that will impact your experience greatly!! ::yes::

I bring the Joffreys packets home. I think they're great! Did you use unfiltered Florida tap water? You don't have to be a coffee guru to know that will impact your experience greatly!! ::yes::

I may have... :scratchin It was a quick trip after a week long cruise and I didn't order my OL where I also keep a Britta pitcher. Our last trip (just a couple weeks ago), it seemed like they may have added filters to the kitchens of the BCV because the water did not have the same nasty smell I remember from previous trips.

Thanks for the responses! DH isn't picky and adds creamer and sweetened condensed milk so I think that will help compensate for the water. I never know where to get more packets, maybe I can catch a member of housekeeping? Or try to find some packets to bring from home.

Thanks for the responses! DH isn't picky and adds creamer and sweetened condensed milk so I think that will help compensate for the water. I never know where to get more packets, maybe I can catch a member of housekeeping? Or try to find some packets to bring from home.

You can request a few from housekeeping and they'll provide them. You can also grab extra creamer and sugar from the marketplace if you need it. (hazelnut and french vanilla, too)

We always get the refillable mugs anyway so I just let someone else make it for me on vacation :D Plus I hide all the packets so they get restocked on trash & towel day.

First time posting on this thread...we are new DVC owners with our home resort being CCV. Staying at BCV but on a cash basis directly from Disney rather than using points for this particular 7 night stay. Would I make my room requests with the Disney people or should I call DVC Member services? Incidentally, I’m quite certain this Aug/Sept trip is going to make me want to find a BCV resale contract, lol!

Oh, and since we are staying as a cash deal does that mean we will have daily mousekeeping and can I refuse it in lieu of the Disney gift card or is that a null deal while staying at BCV?

First time posting on this thread...we are new DVC owners with our home resort being CCV. Staying at BCV but on a cash basis directly from Disney rather than using points for this particular 7 night stay. Would I make my room requests with the Disney people or should I call DVC Member services? Incidentally, I’m quite certain this Aug/Sept trip is going to make me want to find a BCV resale contract, lol!

Oh, and since we are staying as a cash deal does that mean we will have daily mousekeeping and can I refuse it in lieu of the Disney gift card or is that a null deal while staying at BCV?

MS won't have access to your reservation that you booked direct thru Disney. You'll need to put any request in thru Disney.

Cash reservations done thru Disney do receive daily housekeeping. I'm not certain if BCV is taking part in the possibility of declining housekeeping for cash though.

MS won't have access to your reservation that you booked direct thru Disney. You'll need to put any request in thru Disney.

Cash reservations done thru Disney do receive daily housekeeping. I'm not certain if BCV is taking part in the possibility of declining housekeeping for cash though.
I think Service Your Way (name of the program) is only available at value and moderate resorts.
Thanks for the info! I will make sure to have my Mousekeeping envelopes ready to go!

Hey howdy hey, BCAs! (Beach Club Aficionados ;) ) We will be back home after a very long three year break and I was wondering if anyone is concerned with the opening of the gondolas and crowds trying to get into the International gateway. We love staying at BCV for the soul purpose of having a low key entrance to Epcot but now I'm wondering if we should be looking at a MK area resort! Our booking window is coming up fast and I need to make a decision. EEECK!!!!

Hey howdy hey, BCAs! (Beach Club Aficionados ;) ) We will be back home after a very long three year break and I was wondering if anyone is concerned with the opening of the gondolas and crowds trying to get into the International gateway. We love staying at BCV for the soul purpose of having a low key entrance to Epcot but now I'm wondering if we should be looking at a MK area resort! Our booking window is coming up fast and I need to make a decision. EEECK!!!!
I’m curious how the entrance is effected also, but a longer line would still be better than having to take the monorail. Good Luck

We were at BCV over 4th of July. The International Gateway is being modified and I do not think overcrowding will be an issue. JMO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!