"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Some balconies are better than others. I would request something on the 2nd floor if you want a full balcony. BCVs are not known for their views but definitely ask to not be facing the road.....those are the worst!
And the problem is that those rooms have some of the most direct fireworks views, so if you ask for "fireworks view", chances are you might get one of those rooms. Yes, you'll probably see fireworks, but as you stand on your balcony, you'll be listening to buses going by, all manner of traffic constantly. I like the woods view (and yes, you can see fireworks from there-just not head on). Last time I took a map of the resort and found all the studios with a nice woods view I wanted. Asked for "Upper floor, room ending in [about 6 choices per floor, so totaled 15-20 choices]" and I was lucky enough to get one.

We just returned from a lovely 9 day stay at the Beach Club Villas and I am in love with this resort and the entire Boardwalk area. I thought the MK area had my heart but BCV stole it right away! We visited Riviera and while nice it just did not have the feels for me like I thought it would. Glad we added on at the Grand Floridian instead.

Anyway, back to BCV - I get why this resort is popular. I really do. We enjoyed everything about the area including several meals at Ale and Compass (those Parker House rolls!), Beaches and Cream and even enjoyed a hot dog or two from Hurricane Hannah's. Now the only complaint I have and it is minor but you could tell the rooms need updating. While our one bedroom was super clean and quite lovely (Room 120) and in a great quiet location overlooking the smoking courtyard (which rarely had anyone there by the way) - we did have several maintenance issues we reported but the most irritating was the creaking bed which was never addressed during our 9 day stay. I hope they just chose to address it once we left as I think the entire bedframe needs replacing.

Every cast member we encountered was friendly and so helpful. We hope to return to the Beach Club Villas next November as we celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. And yes I am fighting the urge to add on again!
Don't fight it - go ahead and add on ! :)
I, too, was smitten with BCV after our first stay there.
I am watching and hoping for a recessionary dip in the resale price in 2022/2023 :) ??

And the problem is that those rooms have some of the most direct fireworks views, so if you ask for "fireworks view", chances are you might get one of those rooms. Yes, you'll probably see fireworks, but as you stand on your balcony, you'll be listening to buses going by, all manner of traffic constantly. I like the woods view (and yes, you can see fireworks from there-just not head on). Last time I took a map of the resort and found all the studios with a nice woods view I wanted. Asked for "Upper floor, room ending in [about 6 choices per floor, so totaled 15-20 choices]" and I was lucky enough to get one.

do you mind giving me some examples of what is considered "woods" view? thanks!

Don't fight it - go ahead and add on ! :)
I, too, was smitten with BCV after our first stay there.
I am watching and hoping for a recessionary dip in the resale price in 2022/2023 :) ??
You are an enabler! Lol! I am debating now between a small Beach Club resale or a small direct contract with Riviera or the new Poly building or Disneyland Tower. So many exciting choices!

do you mind giving me some examples of what is considered "woods" view? thanks!
Generally speaking, there are sections on the "non-pool" side that at some point when BCVs opened were considered a woods view or Epcot view. For all intents and purposes the Epcot view is now really a woods view and no longer referenced as an Epcot view. It's really a woods view or road view. I've attached an old floor plan map with these designations. I've also attached one picture from studio 555 [Canadian pavillion] and 2 pictures from 431 [America and France] which gives you a real look of the woods. The density of the tree line gets thicker as you go down in floor numbers. Also, these pictures are 10 - 15 years old so the tree line has grown. Hope this helps!

1659373750953.png

BCV_555_Canada.jpgRoom_431_View2.jpgRoom_431_View4.jpg

Attachments

• 1659373677521.png
    1659373677521.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 12
the person we are renting points from actually suggested our first request be a dedicated studio, so we will probably put that in with a secondary request of room/view location like suggested above. thanks!!

Stayed at WDW a ton of times, but this past Dec stayed at BCV for the first time with my mom and fell in love with this resort. Naturally, addon-itis immediately kicked in and we just closed on our BCV contract. Can't wait to stay here again!
You are singing my song!
I "accidentally" added on at BCV, during COVID ! :)
I say accidentally, because I actually thought I had submitted a bid for a small BWV contract.
The seller rejected the first offer, and when the resales agent said "That is a bit low for Beach Club", I gasped: "I thought I was bidding on Boardwalk" !! The agent went on to say that she thought the seller would meet in the middle, and I thought well I might as well just roll the dice...... et Voila!
(which is French for "Woomp-Dere-it-is") & now I own at BCV. We stayed there for the first time in 2021, and now all I can think about is finding another BCV contract at a great price. I don't think I'll see COVID level prices again, but I would not be upset if we get a little dip in prices from the current inflation/recession that's going on. I can't wait to stay there again, also! As of now, that will probably be in Jan/Feb of 2024!

Our first stay coming up September 10th! Getting nervous that we are going to like it too much. Will probably start looking for a small add on, fighting it.
Wish I would have known about it earlier.

Our first stay coming up September 10th! Getting nervous that we are going to like it too much. Will probably start looking for a small add on, fighting it.
Wish I would have known about it earlier.

Don’t fight! Start looking now! 😬 It’s our favorite home resort at WDW 😅

You are singing my song!
I "accidentally" added on at BCV, during COVID ! :)
I say accidentally, because I actually thought I had submitted a bid for a small BWV contract.
The seller rejected the first offer, and when the resales agent said "That is a bit low for Beach Club", I gasped: "I thought I was bidding on Boardwalk" !! The agent went on to say that she thought the seller would meet in the middle, and I thought well I might as well just roll the dice...... et Voila!
(which is French for "Woomp-Dere-it-is") & now I own at BCV. We stayed there for the first time in 2021, and now all I can think about is finding another BCV contract at a great price. I don't think I'll see COVID level prices again, but I would not be upset if we get a little dip in prices from the current inflation/recession that's going on. I can't wait to stay there again, also! As of now, that will probably be in Jan/Feb of 2024!
That's hilarious, congrats! We did a split stay there and at my other home (CCV) last December and my mom said as much as she loves the WL she really loved BCV- quieter and proximity to parks without having to rely on transportation. She's older and doesn't get around well so rented a scooter for the first time...the wider sidewalks and boardwalk to the Epcot entrance were awesome because it gave her the space to practice learning how to use the scooter without being constantly afraid of accidentally hitting anyone, which she was terrified was going to happen. The walkway to Hollywood Studios was great too. As soon as I got home I "casually" mentioned to my husband that I thought BCV was going to be our next contract and now here we are! I'm now just impatiently waiting for everything to load to our account. :)

Wow, this thread is very quiet! I couldn't resist joining in though because we've just passed ROFR on a small BCV contract. Our first DVC after 15 years of debating it. 😂🤣 Hoping closing moves quickly and we can maybe squeeze in a winter trip.

We stayed there in October on rented points and hubby fell in love. TBH, I preferred BLT but must admit that you can't beat that walk to Epcot which is our favorite park. Read most of the thread and would love to hear any up to date tips or hints anyone has. We were just at the resort for 2 nights and we were busily hitting F&W so didn't spend a lot of time checking things out. :) It's just hubby & myself, with son about to graduate college who will probably still join us on occasion.

Welcome to the BCV family! We're heading back in about a month and can't wait!

Wow, this thread is very quiet! I couldn't resist joining in though because we've just passed ROFR on a small BCV contract. Our first DVC after 15 years of debating it. 😂🤣 Hoping closing moves quickly and we can maybe squeeze in a winter trip.

We stayed there in October on rented points and hubby fell in love. TBH, I preferred BLT but must admit that you can't beat that walk to Epcot which is our favorite park. Read most of the thread and would love to hear any up to date tips or hints anyone has. We were just at the resort for 2 nights and we were busily hitting F&W so didn't spend a lot of time checking things out. :) It's just hubby & myself, with son about to graduate college who will probably still join us on occasion.
My welcome to you as well!:welcome:

About a week ago, somehow I snagged nine days in a dedicated 2BR at the end of April. Plus, we have two days preceding that in a 1BR. So eleven nights at BC. I only say snagged because the past six years or so it has been so hard to get a long stay at BC at seven months. We are on cloud nine, BC is by far our favorite resort. So beautiful, so much to offer, and in a central location to everything!

We just confirmed that we'll be booking another Disney trip summer 2023 (July). This time, we're taking my brother, sister in law and their two kids (niece and nephew who will be 7 and 9 respectively). My wife and I have contracts at the Floridian and Riveria, but will be trying to book our stay here at BCV.

In the hopes we're able to book at 7 months (another 2 months from now), what are some suggestions for us to make their stay magical? This will be their first trip (my brother hasn't been since 1987 when he was about 8 years old). Sister in law, niece and nephew have never been. Add to that, it will be 3 of them celebrating birthdays (brother, niece and nephew)! I saw early on in this thread to request a "fireworks view" room? Is that still suggested or is there something better to consider? Oh, and if it matters, I believe we're trying for a two bedroom (lock off or dedicated).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter