• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Will be enjoying the villas for the first time and wondering if there are big pro/cons to certain floor levels? Is it better to be higher to actually see some fireworks? Or are the trees to built up?

Thanks!
Trees are pretty built up. This is 5th floor, room 550. Could hear music clearly. But would suggest viewing fireworks from a better vantage point or just hop into Epcot.

Attachments

• B00B6AFF-0848-4756-A5EF-D7F19B52E204.jpeg
    B00B6AFF-0848-4756-A5EF-D7F19B52E204.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 28

Just had a one night waitlist for a studio come through for my August trip. Looking forward to getting to experience Stormalong Bay for the first time and walking to/from Epcot.
That is one thing I am really looking forward to - the walk to and from Epcot. Especially now that they have announced GOTG opening. We will be there opening weekend and hope to get at least one ride during our trip. We love BCV but the idea of walking to GOTG puts it over the top!

We lucked into booking BCV at 7 months for our first stay at BCV. We don't care about the view of our room, but would very much want a quiet room. Any suggestions on a room request? (We've never done a room request before, so I thought this time I'd give it a try) Can I simply request a quiet room? Is that a thing you can request?

We lucked into booking BCV at 7 months for our first stay at BCV. We don't care about the view of our room, but would very much want a quiet room. Any suggestions on a room request? (We've never done a room request before, so I thought this time I'd give it a try) Can I simply request a quiet room? Is that a thing you can request?

BCV owner here. Not much in the way of views anyway. In the past, I had always requested quiet pool view and it was just that until one time several families were loud late into the evening. Maybe just a one-off. Now I request woods view which is quiet. From any room you'll be able to hear the fireworks however. And just make sure you don't get a room next to the elevators - they are very noisy.

I will write up a Trip Report, but I wanted to tell the thread that we got back from a long weekend at BC, Room 427. We were pleasantly surprised with the view! Actually saw tops of Harmonious and view of Eiffel Tower/France. We were 2 rooms from the elevator - no noise.
Was also able to see distant glimmer and high fireworks from Magic Kingdom.

Overall wonderful stay - enjoyed the Easter eggs, the pool, location to Epcot. Would love the furniture to be replaced as ours showed extreme wear and tear - anything with wood really showed damage. Couch cushions had lots of visible stains.

Didn't spoil the stay, but would have been upset to pay cash. We are DVC.

I will write up a Trip Report, but I wanted to tell the thread that we got back from a long weekend at BC, Room 427. We were pleasantly surprised with the view! Actually saw tops of Harmonious and view of Eiffel Tower/France. We were 2 rooms from the elevator - no noise.

Overall wonderful stay - enjoyed the Easter eggs, the pool, location to Epcot. Would love the furniture to be replaced as ours showed extreme wear and tear - anything with wood really showed damage. Couch cushions had lots of visible stains.

BCV is up next for soft goods refurb (after BRV's hard goods refurb whenever they quit putting it off and finally decide to do that). They said it's going to happen in 2022, but history says it's at least a year or 2 away.

BCV is up next for soft goods refurb (after BRV's hard goods refurb whenever they quit putting it off and finally decide to do that). They said it's going to happen in 2022, but history says it's at least a year or 2 away.
Well, that doesn't bode well for anyone! BRV has been in talks for years - or at least it seems.

Well, that doesn't bode well for anyone! BRV has been in talks for years - or at least it seems.
The last BCV one was delayed a little over 2 years beyond when they said it would happen. At this point, they probably won't refurbish anything until they've built DVC towers on every last square foot of land around 7 seas lagoon...

Hello all! I'm so happy to be joining this thread! After many years of dreaming about it, we just because BCV owners :cool1: Our contract closed and the deed recorded, we're just waiting for the contract and points to show up in our account. :goodvibes

So happy to officially join this thread with you all! Here's a view from our 2-bedroom villa last August, Room 304:
View attachment 657031

We loved this room and this view. Let me know if you want to see any more pics because I have 10 million :rotfl2:
Welcome Home! BCV is, by far, the best resort at WDW. See you at the pool :)

Great to hear! We were there in February and, similar to you, the stay was fantastic but the room was definitely showing some wear. I am really hoping the soft goods refurb is similar to what they did at Poly, which was replacing the sleeper sofa with the pull down queen bed. I know the timing of that was discussed above, but I really hope it happens soon.

Oh my word, I'm so excited, our waitlist came through! I've been stalking every day and just checked earlier today even, but then here comes the email that we got it! It's only for a few days in June just after a cruise but I'm thrilled we get to give it a try! I knew you all would understand my excitement. :)

Oh my word, I'm so excited, our waitlist came through! I've been stalking every day and just checked earlier today even, but then here comes the email that we got it! It's only for a few days in June just after a cruise but I'm thrilled we get to give it a try! I knew you all would understand my excitement. :)

Congrats!! Ours in September just came through as well!

We had BLT booked for three days before our cruise and had BCV waitlisted with not a lot of hope of it coming through but we got the email a couple days ago! :cool1:

We somehow managed a 2 bedroom for September for a couple nights to do Food & Wine by stalking. Happily ticking another resort off our 'stay at all DVC resorts' list. Just hoping we come through it without addonitis........again.

We aren't fussy about view but I am curious about cabana rentals. I read where it's 60 + 10 days from your trip to reserve. Or at least it used to be. Anyone have any ideas on approximate cost these days? I don't want to sit on hold just to find out it's our of our reach.

Figured it'd be a good way to spend our 'homeless' check in day since we'll be getting there before noon.

Thanks in advance for your help!

It's my first stay at the BC, and I am excited. I wonder what "small appliances" will be available in a studio. Do they have a toaster? Or do I have to call and ask for one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter