"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Hey guys! We just snagged a 1BR villa for 3 nights before our cruise in January. We usually stay at BWV, (own at OKW) but figured we'd change it up. We've only ever stayed here once, for a night, years ago in a studio. I KNOW this is a BC lovers' thread, lol, but I've read that BC rooms are looking old...? :oops: Say it ain't so! lol
Anywho-do any of the rooms face EPCOT? If so, can you request them?
TIA

Hey guys! We just snagged a 1BR villa for 3 nights before our cruise in January. We usually stay at BWV, (own at OKW) but figured we'd change it up. We've only ever stayed here once, for a night, years ago in a studio. I KNOW this is a BC lovers' thread, lol, but I've read that BC rooms are looking old...? :oops: Say it ain't so! lol
Anywho-do any of the rooms face EPCOT? If so, can you request them?
TIA

The BCV rooms were renovated after the BWV so if you think BWV looks ok you'll be fine with BCV. (I think they're both fine).

Any Epcot facing rooms are trees and the road goes past them You have to be on the top floor to see anything so it's not what I consider a great request.

Hi! Staying at beach club for the first time this week! I had a couple of questions.

1. How do you walk to DHS from beach club? Looking at paths on the app, it’s not super clear. Do I need to walk the boardwalk, then down past the tennis courts? On the app it looks like that path dead-ends at the road, but maybe not?

2. We’re a rope drop family!! I have heard that the busses for beach club pick up at yacht club first. Is that true? Even in the early morning? I’m concerned that we won’t be able to catch an early bus if they fill up with Yacht Clubbers first. Any insight?

Thanks!!

Hi! Staying at beach club for the first time this week! I had a couple of questions.

1. How do you walk to DHS from beach club? Looking at paths on the app, it’s not super clear. Do I need to walk the boardwalk, then down past the tennis courts? On the app it looks like that path dead-ends at the road, but maybe not?

2. We’re a rope drop family!! I have heard that the busses for beach club pick up at yacht club first. Is that true? Even in the early morning? I’m concerned that we won’t be able to catch an early bus if they fill up with Yacht Clubbers first. Any insight?

Thanks!!

From BCV, it is faster to go over the bridge (Epcot end of resort) toward BWI/BWV. Take the courtyard breezeway (located just to the left of Wyland's) to the pool and walk around the left side of the pool to the walking path. You will turn left and head toward DHS.

The longer walk would be toward Swan & Dolphin around the boardwalk. Take a left onto the Boardwalk at the Swan/Dolphin bridge and the walking path is clearly marked--it begins just behind Jelly Rolls.

With regard to your bus question--it is one that I cannot answer with certainty. We were there in May, but Covid protocols were still in effect. The buses were not shared (at that time) in the mornings, but were later in the day when crowds weren't so large. In the pre-Covid days, sometimes the buses were shared and sometimes not. If shared, the YC is the first pick up and often fill before getting to BC. It has always (pre-Covid) been a huge complaint--late arrivals due to full buses and none arriving at BC.

Maybe someone who has been there more recently can answer the bus question--I know I would like to know since we will be back in October. :thumbsup2

From BCV, it is faster to go over the bridge (Epcot end of resort) toward BWI/BWV. Take the courtyard breezeway (located just to the left of Wyland's) to the pool and walk around the left side of the pool to the walking path. You will turn left and head toward DHS.

I didn't know this! We've always gone the long way!

Do I drop my luggage off at the same place for either the Beach Club or BCV? Where should I park if staying in the villa side?
TIA

Do I drop my luggage off at the same place for either the Beach Club or BCV? Where should I park if staying in the villa side?
TIA

Same location to drop off luggage.

For the Villas, I like to park all the way on the east side of the parking lot (if you're facing the entrance to Beach Club from the parking lot - it is the left most side). From there, assuming it is open, you can walk through the DVC quiet pool (Dunes Cove Pool) and into the Villas through the doors to the Breezeway room.

If you look at this map, this is generally speaking near where I want to park: https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...x80b60581cdb092b0!8m2!3d28.372693!4d-81.55529

I got a blog notification and I decided to pop over her to just reminisce over our last trip to Disney and our stay at Beach Club. It was in the height of Covid and we were still able to enjoy every second of it. I think it actually rejuvenated us and reminded us that we are still alive and that it's okay to be happy and carefree and have fun!

This trip will be our first time at Saratoga. Anyone here who also loves Beach Club have any nice things to say about Saratoga or have some tips for me?

I guess I'll be saving money on the Cabana rental because it's just not the same as being by the sand....

Saratoga is a pretty resort. I’m a horse person so I enjoyed the horse theme. It is very spread out which is quite different from Beach Club. The boat ride to Disney Speings is also a plus. Enjoy your trip.

Although there is one, I've rarely seen anyone there in my 15+ trips to BCV.

We returned on Saturday and there was someone at the desk from around 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. each day of our stay. Quite helpful when our MBs failed to open our room door--not a one worked. Thankfully I had my phone and opened the door. We spoke with the concierge on duty and she programmed our MBs and they worked fine thereafter.

Hi! We're staying at BCV for the first time with friends in January. We're going to request a dedicated 2 bedroom villa, but I'm wondering is it probably too much to ask for a quiet pool view? I'm concerned about maintenance road noise that I've been reading about.

Hi! We're staying at BCV for the first time with friends in January. We're going to request a dedicated 2 bedroom villa, but I'm wondering is it probably too much to ask for a quiet pool view? I'm concerned about maintenance road noise that I've been reading about.

Certainly put in a request for a pool view. We prefer pool views also. Is your room booked already?

Certainly put in a request for a pool view. We prefer pool views also. Is your room booked already?
Yes! We're so excited. Well, the parents are since it's a surprise for the kiddos. I've also been reading though that the balconies are very small, but I'd say that the dedicated 2 bdrm and pool view requests are most important to us.

Yes! We're so excited. Well, the parents are since it's a surprise for the kiddos. I've also been reading though that the balconies are very small, but I'd say that the dedicated 2 bdrm and pool view requests are most important to us.
Good for you. There are more large balconies than small balconies by the way. Dedicated 2 bedrooms or lock offs must be booked when you make the reservation. Meaning you choose which one when it is reserved.

Good for you. There are more large balconies than small balconies by the way. Dedicated 2 bedrooms or lock offs must be booked when you make the reservation. Meaning you choose which one when it is reserved.

I'm glad to hear about the balconies! Maybe because we didn't book through DVC, but through Disney we weren't given the option to choose dedicated or lock off?

This is final night of our 5 night stay here with 4 yo grandson on his first trip without Mom and Dad. A lot of days and nights at SAB:worship::)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter