Stormalong Bay ??/

Macnjac87

got disney?
Can anyone tell me the policy on pool hopping for Stormalong Bay- We are staying at BCV but have family that will be staying at OKW. Can they pool hop at SAB while we are there? WE are going 3/30 - 4/4/. Can they use the BCV quiet pool with us?
Thanks all.

Interesting question. SAB is no longer on the list for pool hopping except for members staying at BCV. As to guests of BCV guests going to SAB with the members, I am not really sure that would fly. I would expect they could go to the BCV quiet pool, however.

Storm along bay is the only pool you can't hop to from another resort. I was just at BWV a couple weeks ago and we just walked over to BCV to look at SAB and when we got up by the pool area we were asked for our room key to identify us as staying there. I have seen other posts here saying the same thing. Maybe there are others with different info. Have a great time!!

I was there a week ago...very uncrowded (kind of chilly for the pool), no one was checking IDs. Obviously this could change depending on the crowds and the workers.

The main slide at SAB will be closed until the 4-4-03 for refurbishing. We will be there the last week of March.

I wonder what the possibility that they finish early?

It's a great question. Are BCV resort members allowed to bring guests with them to the pool. We have friends who live in Tampa, and would like to invite them to our home and entertain them for the evening with a great meal probably at Cape May, and swimming. Can they join us at SAB if we contact the front desk and get them officially signed in as our guests? I'm guessing that the BCV pool is OK for all of us to use, as long as wr accompany them. Anyone know about the policy on this? I don't want to sneak anyone in because the guards may not be looking, I'd like to follow the official policy. Anyone know what that is?

Maybe you could add them to your existing BCV reservation and they would get cards for BCV. No problem with being registered at two places at one time.

I was there last week and thought the slide would be reopening this week, guess I was delerious.

Hey Fenceman,

We'll be at BCV same time as you. Hoping the slide will finish early. Kids are keeping there fingers crossed.

Hey, we'll be there that last week also- 3/30 - 4/4- My kids are also keeping their fingers crossed about SAB- they've never been (ages ds 13, dd 10, ds 6) maybe we'll see you all there!

What's it look like they are doing with the refurb of the slide? Are they correcting the problem with the joints between the sections that hit on your back as your going down?

When we were at BCV in October we found out some friends were staying at AKL. The childeren wanted to swim together so we just explained the situation to the people checking IDs. They gave our friends towels and bracelets as long as we had our ID. I don't know if this is official policy or just CMs being accomodating.

we were there in April and had friends staying at the Contemporary. We asked the person giving us the id bands at the pool if our friends could join us. The CM told us as long as we showed our BCV room key and accompanied our friends when they arrived at the pool, it was no problem for them to get i.d. bands as welll and enjoy Stormalong Bay with us.

hope this helps.

Sounds like we will be seeing a bunch of you at the BCV at the end of March. We will be there as well from 3/29 - 4/4. We will also have guest with us to bring to the pool. If it becomes a problem, we will add them to our room.

See ya there, Let's have a drink!
Rob

We are staying 3/23 thru 3/28. We did receive a letter explaining the slide was going to be closed during that time due to refurbishing but feel free to use the slide at BWV.

My kids also have there finger crossed for and early re-opening.

I was just thinking that it seems unfair that we at Boardwalk cannot use the pool at BCV but they are free to use ours anytime.
They are even told to use ours while their slide is being refurbished.

Get over it. When the slide is completed, they won't even want to come over to your pool. They probably won't even want to come over to the sick clown pool anyway. If you want to use SAB, stay at the BC/YC/BCV.

....seems unfair....
I think it's a matter of supply and demand. The number of people wanting to pool hop to SAB far exceeds how many want to pool hop to the Luna Park Pool. Luna Park is also not required to support to large resort hotels in addition to the villas as SAB is.

If overcrowding becomes a problem at Luna Park Pool, then perhaps a restriction is due. Otherwise, head on over to the nice BWV community center, enjoy the preferred view over Crecent Lake, and stay in one of the Beautiful GVs, BWV's has many nice advantages and beautiful things going for it.

All the complaining over the pool hopping priviledge will probably cause it to end up being elliminated altogether. While I've never used it, I've got this picture in my mind of being at MK and heading over to Poly or GF (after checking in with the desk) for a dip in the pool. I doubt it would be near as nice as heading back to my home resort of the BCV or whatever DVC resorts I was staying and relaxing by the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter