Store charged me wrong

reginaastralis

DIS Veteran
Sunday night, I took my daughter and sister to dinner at a local fast food place. However, I just noticed this morning when I checked my account balance that they under charged me. By $10. Instead of a $15.42 charge, it is showing as only as $5.42.

Should I contact my bank or the store about this? It's a nationally owned place, so I figured they would have caught the charge when they did the girl's drawer at the end of the night. I know where I work, a $10 missing fee can get you fired.

Sunday night, I took my daughter and sister to dinner at a local fast food place. However, I just noticed this morning when I checked my account balance that they under charged me. By $10. Instead of a $15.42 charge, it is showing as only as $5.42.

Should I contact my bank or the store about this? It's a nationally owned place, so I figured they would have caught the charge when they did the girl's drawer at the end of the night. I know where I work, a $10 missing fee can get you fired.

Do you have your receipt showing $15.42?

Oh, no. I threw it away with our garbage.
Most employees don't have to balance out charge slips, just the cash drawer. The employee has no way to benefit from this. It isn't like she could have pocketed the extra $10. I would just leave it alone. Make an extra $10 donation in the collection plate at church if it makes you feel better.

This happened to me at our local gas station. I paid using debit and in a hurry completed the transaction. It was not until the next day when I was sorting out my receipts that I noticed the gas receipt and the debit slip did not match.(gas 50.00...debit slip 5.00) I felt horrible. I put the receipts in my purse and went to the gas station and asked to speak to the manager. I showed him the slips and told him I owed him 45.00. He was stunned that I came back!!! I told him that it was just a human error and the poor kid behind the counter should not be stuck paying for this.(Which I found out he would have been.) Go back !!! I am sure the person working that night needs that job!!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Thanks! I just wasn't sure who to contact. I'll give a call to the restaurant and ask them to correct it. It'll make me feel better if I know it's taken care of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter