Stop Smoking Plan!

rebster

Mouseketeer
Ok! I don't smoke, but I did (and I quit). And I wanted to start a thread for those who want to stop smoking.

This thread is NOT to judge anyone for smoking, to be condemning or condescending to those who smoke, or to complain about smokers at Disney. So please don't come here and do that.

This thread is for those who want to quit/are interested in quitting. I will also post information on why you might want to consider quitting other than the obvious lung cancer (Not scare tactics but simple facts that might help you consider it).

Anyway, this thread is only for encouragement and information. Maybe there is another one out there like this, but it seems like the only threads I read are people complaining about smokers or smokers complaining about being judged and sometimes saying they will quit one day. I'm tired of it being such a taboo subject. People are not likely to listen to anyone with helpful information if they feel judged or condemned.

Well, this is the day! You can do it! I know from personal experience that its hard and it stinks, but you are worth it!

Hopefully this is the place to start a thread like this. :)

So, I want to start out with something lighthearted and tangible!

Everyone here knows that the main reason to quit smoking is saving money for Disney!

But, in all seriousness. Take the money you would have spent on a pack of smokes and put it in a jar/bank account and save for something fun. I know the Dave Ramsey people might hate me for this, but unless being 100% responsible is your kind of fun (which it may be!), then don't use this money to pay off debt. Use it for your plane ticket to Disney, a dinner at V&A, or anything that you want, but can't afford right now. Give yourself something tangible to reward yourself with.

I say this because unless you have seen the long term affects that smoking can have...its all kind of abstract.

This is a more tangible goal to start with, and it gives you a tangible reward!

I know that there have been others trying to kick the habit around here. Thanks for your words of encouragement coming from someone who's been there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter