Stollers

Crusingbean

Earning My Ears
Iheard that you can borrow strollers from Disney on the cruise if you put down a deposit...

-How big are the strollers?
-Can you keep the stroller for the duration on the cruise?

Thanks!

I borrowed one in sept 2011. Picked it up day 1 and returned it on the last day. It was nice I don't remember the brand. This year I borrowed a wagon at castaway cay they had strollers there too. When I borrowed the stroller from the ship I think they put a hold on my cc in case I didn't return the stroller.

The strollers DCL has are the Baby Jogger City Elite (or maybe Select) I believe.
From what I understand you leave a deposit (I want to say approx $250) and you can keep the stroller as long as you wish. There are a limited amt of strollers though.

Also, they have more strollers and wagons on CC. We got off the ship about 1030 and were able to get one of each and it seemed there were plenty left.

Stroller Rental - $200.00 security deposit will be charged to your room account until stroller is returned to Guest Services.
You can find the picture of stroller here. :)

Does anyone know if DCL has double strollers? My daughter and SIL are cruising with us with their 7 month old twins. My daughter was going to purchase two umbrella strollers, but as this trip is thier Honeymoon and I will looking after the babies plenty, I can't push two separate strollers around. So I suggested she bring her front to back double stroller (they are driving to the port). That way I can deal, and the babies can sleep in that as the seats recline. Being a front to back, it won't hinder passage in the hallways, and will still store nicely when folded up. We won't use it in the dining rooms, the babies will be carried in that case. But if DCL rents double strollers, that might save us from having to bring one ourselves. :thumbsup2

They only have single strollers to borrow. You can fold up your stroller and put it under the bed when not in use

I doubt they rent doubles as they'd be a safety risk in the narrow corridors. Can't recommend City Joggers more though, we rented one from an off-site company whilst staying at WDW last year and as a result bought the new GT model for our second child this year

Embraer said:
I doubt they rent doubles as they'd be a safety risk in the narrow corridors. Can't recommend City Joggers more though, we rented one from an off-site company whilst staying at WDW last year and as a result bought the new GT model for our second child this year

Just back from The Dream on Thursday. We took our City Mini GT. It fit through our stateroom door with no problem. No problems navigating the ship with it. Wouldn't do the cruise without it.

That's good to know as they do seem to have a wider wheel-base than normal strollers

Does anyone know if DCL has double strollers? My daughter and SIL are cruising with us with their 7 month old twins. My daughter was going to purchase two umbrella strollers, but as this trip is thier Honeymoon and I will looking after the babies plenty, I can't push two separate strollers around. So I suggested she bring her front to back double stroller (they are driving to the port). That way I can deal, and the babies can sleep in that as the seats recline. Being a front to back, it won't hinder passage in the hallways, and will still store nicely when folded up. We won't use it in the dining rooms, the babies will be carried in that case. But if DCL rents double strollers, that might save us from having to bring one ourselves. :thumbsup2

They have these things that that 'tie' single umbrella strollers together like a double. Then you can use it as a double or separate as singles so you have flexibility.

Here is one version: http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-20065-Stroller-Links-Black/dp/B003XMWFAU/ref=pd_cp_ba_0

The strollers that DCL has are Peg Perego brand. At least they were on the Dream and Fantasy. They do not have double strollers (we asked because we have twins), but you really would not want a double stroller with the limited space in halls and elevators on a cruise ship.

We rented them for a couple of cruises and loved them.

We would leave the strollers parked outside of our stateroom and it worked great. We noticed that several staterooms did this with strollers (both DCL and private) as well as scooters and wheelchairs.

The ONLY problem we had with strollers is that you have to use the elevator instead of the stairs and sometimes the elevators can be a little busy. Plus you do not burn off as many calories from all of the eating when you do not take the stairs!

They have these things that that 'tie' single umbrella strollers together like a double. Then you can use it as a double or separate as singles so you have flexibility.

Here is one version: http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-20065-Stroller-Links-Black/dp/B003XMWFAU/ref=pd_cp_ba_0

Thank you very much for that info!! I had no idea such contraptions existed. I'll show this to my daughter and let her decide. I do like the idea though of bringing their own double as the seats do recline so they can have naps on the go, plus the basket below to carry their gear. It won't be a problem in hallways as it's a front to back double NOT a side by side. Width wise, it's no bigger than DCL's own strollers. It's just longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter