Stitch’s Great Escape permanently closed

Rumors are that an attraction based on Wreck It Ralph is in development for this space.

That has been in the rumor mill for years. Yet, I've never read or heard an actual *good* explanation of what the attraction will be like. The most concrete info I've heard is that it will be motion simulators, similar to Star Tours.

They should use the space to do that star wars VR or something like it there. Not everyone wants to head to Downtown Disney.
Good thought .. but that is going down a slippery slope of having an "pay" attraction inside the parks. I wouldn't want to see that. The carnival games at Animal Kingdom are bad enough. To me it makes it feel cheap and carnival-like.

Besides the Star Wars VR is owned by a 3rd-party company. I can't see Disney letting a 3rd party company have an attraction inside their park.

I think most of us would be happy if it was just a giant air conditioned room with tables and chairs and chargers :). ... or as someone mentioned above .. stroller parking. :)

Last edited:
Count me in as someone who'd rather they confine Star Wars IP to DHS and not bring "A long time ago..." to Tomorrowland anyway. Every new attraction seems to be a ride tied to a movie; maybe we can get something completely original again?

Good thought .. but that is going down a slippery slope of having an "pay" attraction inside the parks. I wouldn't want to see that. The carnival games at Animal Kingdom are bad enough. To me it makes it feel cheap and carnival-like.

Besides the Star Wars VR is owned by a 3rd-party company. I can't see Disney letting a 3rd party company have an attraction inside their park.

I think most of us would be happy if it was just a giant air conditioned room with tables and chairs and chargers :). ... or as someone mentioned above .. stroller parking. :)

Sum of All Thrills was basically owned by a 3rd party company, and there's plenty of other things within the parks that are 3rd party and have been for years. I don't think that's a big issue.

They should but a Scrambler in the space. You have no idea how much fun the scrambler is till you do it in the dark! We have one at our Six Flags in the old Chevy Show theater sorta like this one but Disney could theme it so cool and make it futuristic.

Last edited:
The carnival games at Animal Kingdom are bad enough. To me it makes it feel cheap and carnival-like.
A million times this. I’m incensed every time my 6-year-old asks me what the shooting arcade is in Frontierland.

Me: That’s tacky is what that is.
Son: No really, what is that?
M: A money suck... within a money suck.
S: Is it like a game?
M: A game? No. A battle of wills? Yes. One that I have won for years...
S: Can we play-
M: And I’m not losing today. Not... today. [Sprays self with 3rd fan/spray bottle purchased in three trips].

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!