Stingray's at Castaway Cay

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
I just booked this for our May 28th cruise. The one thing DS has requested and DD wants to do as well.

Can someone tell me if snorkel equipment is provided here or do we need to rent it seperately. We will only probably use it for this one activity and DD probably won't be able to use it all.

Thanks,
Cristy

They give you the equipment when you check in. Or you can bring your own. When you leave the stingray area you have to leave the snorkel gear so if you then want to go to the snorkel lagoon you would have to rent that separately. You won't need the snorkel gear for most of the interaction, just if you want to snorkel at the end.

They give you the equipment when you check in. Or you can bring your own. When you leave the stingray area you have to leave the snorkel gear so if you then want to go to the snorkel lagoon you would have to rent that separately. You won't need the snorkel gear for most of the interaction, just if you want to snorkel at the end.

Thank you!!!!

Is this activity as interesting for adults as it is for children? My son just booked it for himself and his girlfriend. :confused3 Thanks-

oh yeah, almost forgot. They gave him a time of 10 am. Why? Do they meet then? How long does it take? What do you do?

We just got off the Wonder and did the sting ray excursion. After the stingray part, they let us walk over to the first beach (with much better fish to look at) with our snorkeling gear and snorkel over there. The walk was a short 8 minute walk.

Is this activity as interesting for adults as it is for children? My son just booked it for himself and his girlfriend. :confused3 Thanks-

oh yeah, almost forgot. They gave him a time of 10 am. Why? Do they meet then? How long does it take? What do you do?

I found it interesting. I'm sure there are some adults that wouldn't.

Yes, the groups are at a set time and are scheduled for about an hour.

An old review. I'm sure it hasn't changed too much...
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=965950

Hey, thanks so much for the review. I did check it out and had to laugh, :lmao: My son is scheduled for the same time, 10 am. I wonder how he'll do. He moves at his own pace, lol.

I made the ressies and just figured, like you that there was alot to see and do so better to get doing it. Ha ha ha, he'll be want'n the beer to so I don't know how long he'll stay either.

Nice report! thanks---------M

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter