• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Still Too Excited To Sleep Completed! I leave for the next trip in 7 hrs and 38 mins

Ok, any blood is bad, and 17 stitches is awful...but I'm glad it wasn't anyone in your group.

Can;t wait to read more.

Sheli

ok, now I know what bloody heely means...I think that might be a little disturbing to see a major accident at disney.
You are a great writer. I really have been enjoying it.

Thanks

by the way, is that an ice cream bar on your signature?
hmmmmm

Torjohnson said:
by the way, is that an ice cream bar on your signature?
hmmmmm

Why yes it is an ice cream--glad you are paying attention! I keep missing you guys inthe chat! I have ben getting home really late! :surfweb:

Tanya,

I saw your post on another report (not sure where!) Whispering Canyon Cafe is much much more fun for kids than LeCellier and the food is yum yummy! Just make sure one of your kids ask for the ketchup! :thumbsup2

Great trip report! It's so nice to read how you bring some pixie dust along and sprinkly it liberally on the other guests. And thanks for the tip on the heelys - I know my DS is going to want to use his on our next trip, but I think we'll "forget" them! :rolleyes1

We had about four hours before our Chef Mickey’s reservations and I wanted everyone to bathe and cool off before we headed over. We returned to our home away from home at Pop Century. Walking up the path to our room we passed more loose clothing. We continued weaving our tale of hobos living outside our room at the Pop. I told them if they fought anymore that I would make them sleep with the hobos.

As we made our way to our room our neighbors were just leaving their room. I looked over at them and the man barely made eye contact. I giggled to myself.

After everyone bathed and rested for a little bit we needed to get dressed to go to Chef Mickey’s. We were all kind of excited because we love that restaurant. We eat there every trip at least once and usually twice. It is usually our first stop, but our trip was half over before we made it over.

Rachel picked out her Tinkerbell costume to wear for the evening. I was afraid it might get uncomfortable so I threw some extra clothes in the back pack. Now Rachel has almost every costume. For her birthday last year Rachel got several gift cards to Wal~Mart. She chose to buy all of the princess costumes with them. They were all less than twenty dollars a piece and I am surprised at how close they are to the Disney costumes in quality. For as often as she wears them we are fine with these!

There was very little fighting on this day. I was ecstatic with this. We were rested and everyone was anxious to get back to the action. We were very early, but we went ahead and headed to The Contemporary to see if we could get a head start on our reservation. We had to wait a little bit so we went into the lounge area. We were watching television and our disc lit up. It was time to celebrate.

24fgw28.jpg

Rachel got a lot of attention paid to her since she was dressed like Tinkerbell. Everyone was warning her that she needed to head to the castle to prepare for Wishes! She loved it and with earnest explained in a whisper that she was not the real Tinkerbell.

We are healthy eaters. You will rarely find a soda in our house. You will rarely see us at a McDonalds. However, I do love my Redi Whip on fruit. I meant it when I said I have been known to spray the can directly into their open mouths. While we are on vacation the rule is that we must eat protein every morning and broccoli with ever lunch and dinner possible. I do not however, limit sweets at Disney World. They are not gluttons so I never really have to draw the line.

Chef Mickey’s has some great desserts. Of course all the kids ever get is the make your own ice cream cones. At breakfast they decorate their own cupcakes. We traditionally get our cupcakes and cones on the way TO our table. I think it is a grand way to start the meal. I will get the broccoli or protein in them. I do not have to spend the entire meal saying if you eat that broccoli you can have some ice cream. Instead we eat the ice cream with joy. We see the character and sing and swing the napkin with glee. We are not distracted by what we want and have to wait for.

Of course my no buffet rule applies at Chef Mickey’s as well. I opted for a Strawberry Daiquiri while the kids enjoyed their meal. They must have been hungry. It had been hours since we had eaten at Casey’s earlier. They ate heartily. On our trips we all pick a day to celebrate our unbirthdays and this is where Drew chose to celebrate his. We sang happy unbirthday to him as we celebrated.

24fg0b7.jpg

24fg19i.jpg

24fg36q.jpg

After dinner we grabbed a monorail over to the Magic Kingdom. We wanted to see Wishes. We got there in plenty of time. We took the boys straight to Space Mountain where we had Fast Passes left over from our morning visit. After Space Mountain we used more left over fastpasses to ride Buzz Lightyear. The kids wanted to ride Astro Orbiter and because of the line we do not get to ride that very often. The line said twenty minutes and that was about how long it was before Wishes. The Cast Member working the line for the ride was named Steven. He and Rachel hit it off and the entire time we were in line they bantered back and forth. He continually called her Tinkerbell and she was just beaming.

We boarded the elevator and would be on the last ride of the night. When we got to the top of the elevator Wishes was just beginning. We could see the fireworks from the ride. It was such a great view. It is really cool to see the fireworks from the ground but when you are up on that raised platform it is incredible. You feel like you are almost at eye level with them. After the ride stopped, we stood on the platform and watched the rest of Wishes. We were all giddy on our elevator ride back down. I just wish I could get those younger two on that other elevator!

I took some good pictures of Wishes, but I thought these two just looked really cool!

24fgyf4.jpg

24fgzg8.jpg

on the way out we took a photo at the tea party sign. . .

24fh1lc.jpg

We returned to the hotel so happy happy happy. We parked in our reserved pargo parking spot. Welcomed each other home and headed to the room. Now on the trip up there was a take out food container sitting in the bushes. We attributed it to the hobos. As we were walking past the bushes, there was a rustle in the brush. The kids all jumped almost out of their skin. It was a bunny or squirrel or something but I know the kids all thought it must have been the hobo (or the drunk guy from the night before)!

When we got in the room, I made a sign to tape to the door that read “You are in the Room Next Door”. We all got a kick out of hanging it on the door. I think it relieved Steven a little to make a joke out of what had happened the night before.

We had to get to Jetix so we would not miss those Power Rangers. We drifted off while they saved the world. The next day we had a barbershop to visit, breakfast at 1900 Park Fair and Disney Quest! This trip is over half over!

Tictoc, I am enjoying your trip report so much :goodvibes
It sounds like you all are having so much fun.

I'm glad you wrote about the boy with the Heely's- I am NOT glad he got hurt, but reading about it has cemented my decision that my DS will not be getting Heely's until after our trip. I was originally going to but them as a birthday surprise for this trip, but I'd rather he learn to use them around the house, where it's safer to himself and others.

More please, I can't wait to read about your trip to the Barbershop.

Rhonda, your report is so much fun to read. You kids are just adorable.
And Rachael is a tinkerbell fan too! Love the pic of the three kids by
the mad tea party sign. You will have a lifetime of magical memories
at the happiest place on earth! Now if only you can get dh hooked!! :goodvibes

...just re-read from start to finish..again..& i was suprised how much
i missed..sorry if i'm long winded but somethings should be recognized.
[ok..i'm rationizing but this is one heck of a disney vacation..by any
expert standards!]

..lil kitty..exactly what i thought too..but what are you going to do? once
your kid has an affinity, its over..& don't you fill remorse?..letting her
sleep thru it..boy, did i laughed at that!

..oh my goodness, you not only met all the definitions of being a good mother
but a great one too ! never mind the hobo kickin the door in during the middle
of the night..but everything else...! [ boy, if our kids had to rely on me to
"do" a disney vacation, we be lucky to do one park..in a week.then
to face a life-threatening situation...{i'm would have fallen a part}..it's
a good thing the hobo's better half saved him before you got a hold of him?

..i would suggest making your kids copies, cos these stories are worthy
repeating, for generations..to come..whoever heard of brothers & sisters
fighting, :rolleyes1 , hobo jumping out of bushes :crazy: ..and hearing
their mother speakin french? this treasure chest is overflowing...wow-ie!

..so you're a good dancer,eh? ..now if i was your husband, i would have the
movie camera rollin..next time diseny packages arrived...never know when
that footage could come in handy..does he know they give away dvc
memberships on home funniest videos show?

oops..got to cut it "short"..the kid just broke our new mower..again! :wave2:

Sharon--keep a good thought for that dh! Maybe if I did not ignore hime so much for the chat!

Lil Grumpy--I like the way you think! I love to dance really badly!

oh boy!, i'm back on before anyone else.... :bounce:

ok? no joking..getting all your kids chosen for the jedi training, free-
souvineers, and swoossh -the carvinal story were are outstanding!
i'll bet they 're still talking about it..& one day. they going to remember
who made it all possible..and their father..though it wasn't mentioned
directly, did you guys get to call home with the exciting daily news..or
blasted him when everyone came thru the door? :earseek: after all,
wonder who taught your son to shoot the b.ball? or where oh where,
did lil miss attitude pick up her charms..in more ways than one, his
spirit was with you guys.. :thumbsup2

from yours and others, there are times when a person isn't ready for
the happiest place on earth..and the mistake is to force a bad play.
i cannot expressed how impressive you guys are..as parents, making the
sarifices for your kids..now that the best souvineer to cherrish! and i 'll bet
your husband was proud how you handle the diffcult situations like a
:tinker: ..sorry if repeating, but then again its should be!

..this simply was a great example how our disney experiences teaches us
[families of all kinds] , what important in those relationships. it reminded me
of my miltary duties and the vacations my wife took without me..it was so
exciting when they met some famous people!

the person who ruint his disney experience, was the one who took your
son's dinosaur..a memory that i would never want! :sad2: and a woman
to attack a mother...maybe under some kind of bad influence? :stir:

he,he,he...."your kids"..have you ever listened to any of the bill crobsy's
growing up tapes? like his brother & him fightin over the covers/side of
the bed and sibling rivarlies.. :goodvibes ..nor can i believe the similarities?..
we kept seeing something poking its snout out from the bushes...needless
to say..my wife made me walk first..that's my baby :hug: !

wonder how i know you did such a maficient job [ :maleficen ]? huh?
say what ..bout all the fighting and teasing..in every pic. you got them
looking like :angel:s ..and your lil- but too cute princess: is a babydoll,and
don't forget..not all disney princesses are girly..! i do feel a lil sorry someday
for the boy she meets..i saw how she was holding her sword! her tinker
bell outfit fit her to the "T"..it was easy to see why they was fooled...if
you hadn't told us, i was going to asked for her autograph..oh, tell your
10y/o.. i was scadity cat...when we first went to cloney island, &
parked across from the first big drop..right?! ..fun?! then why was all the
people screaming their heads off..i didn't ride a roller coaster until 20years
later...kinda shows , he the smart one if your asking me. ok? i'm not talking
about the oldest..darn him..makin that shot!!! that i 've beeen trying..
[i'm not saying!, after all i have a lil pride!]..at least he could given me
some fastpasses... :snooty: ..what a show off! but i bet he got his just
deserts..from the princesses! dwats..to be 11 again! looky at what he
has to brag about on the first day back to school..almost having him
wanting to go back?..for the record, i kept telling'em i always regressed
back to 10y/o when i passed under the mickey's arches..even :worship:
but all i got was.. :wave2: ..you think disney would be more encouraging
to those that are paying the bills??not even one free :mickeybar !

yep..the kind of family we like running into...at any park! :mickeyjum

It was a late night the evening before but it was an EMH at Magic Kingdom and we wanted to get our hair done. Again this is something we normally do on the first day, but we were doing the Tour Guide Mike plan this trip so we were following a different schedule. After Stitch got us up we headed to that happy place.

We headed to Fantasyland as soon as the gates opened. We past the “retired nurse” cast member that had assisted the bloody heely kid from the day before. I was glad our wheels were safely in the drawer at the hotel!

We took a lot of time this morning riding all of the story rides. We really all love those rides. Even the older guys, but don’t tell the kids in the middle school!

After we rode all the rides in Fantasyland we stopped to see Alice by the teacups. We were headed to breakfast with her at 11:10, but this was a good way to warn her!

24xgjew.jpg

After the ‘graph and Kodak moment, it was almost time for the Harmony Barbershop to open. All of my kids got their first haircuts with Michael in that Barbershop. We wanted to be the first to arrive because the line gets really long really fast! We were sad to find out that Michael was off that day, but we were still gonna get made up. Only Steven wanted a haircut but the rest of us wanted to get the color and pixiedust. The kids think it is really cool that I get made up too!

24xgg2c.jpg

24xgjn4.jpg

24xglkh.jpg

24xglqu.jpg

24xgm53.jpg

24xgmdy.jpg

We looked great with our new doos and needed to show them off on MainStreet. We ran into the Fire Chief and got sworn in as Junior Fire Deputies. We also saw the Mayor. We were quite a sight with our new hardos!

24xgoax.jpg

24xgoj7.jpg

A few more quick rides, a run through Philharmagic

24xgphi.jpg

24xgpw0.jpg

24xgrp5.jpg

24xgrvt.jpg

A great hidden mickey!

and off to 1900 Park Fare for some grub on our way to Disney Quest.

At 1900 Park Fare we saw some of our old friends—Mad Hatter and Alice. We celebrated Steven’s unbirthday. I even gave up my no buffet rule and ate breakfast with the kids. I did not leave feeling stuffed!

24y21qg.jpg

The kids love to play at Disney Quest. They are video game kinds of kids so it is right up their alley.

Rachel is not tall enough to ride the Buzz Lightyear Bumper Cars so I sat that one out with her. When we arrived we were hoping it would be a non crowded day. We saw the sign as we pulled in that it would be kinda crowded. There were three day care buses in the parking lot! It started to rain just as we got out of our car. That is also never a good sign for crowded days at Disney Quest. It was okay though. We could hang with a crowd.

We love the Pirate of the Caribbean Ride. I got to drive while the kids manned the cannons. We act really goofy at Disney Quest just as we do at the outdoor parks. We were yelling at the bug screen and when we left the room the next group applauded for us.

After Pirate it was time to ride the Jungle Cruise. I never understand why there are dinosaurs in that jungle.

24y23uu.jpg

We rode all of the virtual rides

24y24qw.jpg

and then went to create a zone. We drew a picture of Donald, made some weird toys with Sid and created our own roller coaster which only the boys got to ride. We did that three times. They were a little skiddish at first so did not put much action in their ride. When that one was not thrilling enough they did it again. For the final ride they decided to pull out all the stops and out as many loops and drops as possible!

24y225k.jpg

We sang a song and made a CD. After all of that we went to the buy a zone and bought all of the junk we had drawn, recorded and made. This is another reason I love the dining plan. You do not have to spend money on food so you have so much more to splurge on junk!

After we rode everything multiple times we headed toward the World of Disney. The guys wanted to check out the new boys’ room. They were pretty disappointed in the video game choices but Steven did manage to find one that he wanted. We were all impressed with the décor in the room. The pirate stuff was pretty cool as was the model of Davey Jones. We were all very anxious to see Pirates of the Caribbean Two.

24y24bd.jpg

After we shopped it was time to head to the Pop to eat dinner, swim a little and drift off to the Power Rangers. On our way to the rangers we pulled into our DVC parking spot and welcomed ourselves home.

I am glad you brought up the dinosaur jungle thing. I am sure there were dinos in the jungle...but it kinda threw me in the whole jungle cruise thing...Yes!!! We loved Pirates, but Miles was soooooooo into cyberspace mountain....We actually went to Disney Quest three separate times.

:lmao:
I like this guy....but he"s no christmas girl

and the pictures rockkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

HI Rhonda,

TR is going great and I love the pictures. Your hair looks so beautiful maybe you should consider that look on a daily basis.
the kids look so cute and seem to be having a blast with the coolest mom in the 5th grade.

See you later in chat in our "usual" spot.

Sue

Great trip report. I love reading about all the magic you experienced. Sorry you had to deal with grumps but it is great to hear you didn't let it get you down. Can't wait for the rest :sunny:

Just wanted to let you know that I am still reading the trip report and still really enjoying it! If I may ask, what was the price on the glittery up dos and the hair color? I think our family could really get into that!! ;)

You guys all look so happy! What a way to grow closer as a family (bickering and all)!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter