Still Deciding...WWYD

mrskchris

Earning My Ears
I could really use some help. We have been to DW once and we stayed at POR, which we loved. Now, there five of us, two adults, and kids 8,4, & 2 yrs. The room at POR was nice, but I am worried about it being a little cramped.
POR is still inthe running, but I am also considering AFL and SSRS with the discount pin. AKL looks dark and far away from everything, but the theme does excite me. SSRS looks very home-like and comfortable, but it lacks the DW feel, and I read that everything is very separeted there.

Can you please give me you opinion? We are travelling 5/5-5/10 so I have to book by the end of this week. Thanks.

My way of looking at this, is from the POV of a family of 5. I would suggest staying at a SSR studio, WL room, or whatever other options that you may want to try while your youngest is two. Once they are 3, your options are limited, as a family of 5. That is the time to stay at POR or the other options that are available to families of 5.

We happen to love AKL and don't find it dark or too far from everything. But until you try it, you won't know.

The DVC resorts are all lovely, and you cannot go wrong!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

K

We happen to love AKL and don't find it dark or too far from everything. But until you try it, you won't know.

The DVC resorts are all lovely, and you cannot go wrong!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

K

That's my biggest problem. They are all so nice, which makes the decision so hard. I just do not want to feel like cramped sardines in any of the rooms. Though, we will only be there in the morning and for late afternoon naps. I should put the names in a hat, and just pick. Decision, decisions:confused3

I know you mentioned narrowing down to those three - is that because that is what is available?

If you are able, I would definitely recommend a villa with three children. You would be able to prepare some meals right in the room which can be a great savings. Plus the additional room would be nice.

I'm not sure if you considered the WL villas - they are just a boat ride away from MK.

If your family spends more time at DHS or Epcot - have you considered the BC or BW villas? You can actually walk or boat to either of those parks from either of those resorts and the pools are wonderful.

I know you mentioned narrowing down to those three - is that because that is what is available?

If you are able, I would definitely recommend a villa with three children. You would be able to prepare some meals right in the room which can be a great savings. Plus the additional room would be nice.

I'm not sure if you considered the WL villas - they are just a boat ride away from MK.

If your family spends more time at DHS or Epcot - have you considered the BC or BW villas? You can actually walk or boat to either of those parks from either of those resorts and the pools are wonderful.

Thanks. I have not considered the WL villas, but I will take a look tonight. My girls love MK so being closer to the park would be great. You have have given me something else to think about. I will update you with my decision.

We love WL. Haven't looked at price dif. between villas and other options, but rooms at CR and Poly are large, have 2 queens + day bed. You wouldn't feel cramped. And unlike POR, they have balconies (most rooms) so you can sit outside on balcony while kids nap. The CR garden wing rooms are cheaper then tower, but no balcony. Ground floor rooms have patio though.
We just stayed in a GV room at Poly, and the room is huge. We were in Tokelau.
We love AKL, and didn't feel the rooms were dark at all.
Another option is OKW. I haven't stayed there, but have heard they have the largest rooms of all the DVC resorts.

I would agree with the poster who suggested staying at a resort with an occupancy limit of 4 plus one under 3 while you still can. That way you won't regret missing out on someplace like WL, AKL, CSR, etc.

What I suggest when someone is having problems deciding on a resort is to sit down and ask yourself what you need in a resort to have a good vacation. Do you need a food court or TS restaurants? Room Service? Is bus transportation OK or do you want boat/monorail/walk to the parks options? What kind of recreational facilities do you need? Pool with or without a slide? Does the bed size or room size make a difference? Do you want interior or exterior hallways?

Once you've figured out what you need available at your resort to make your vacation memorable, then make a list of all the resorts that meet those needs. You should find yourself narrowed down to just a few choices at this point. Then consider price and theme. This should narrow you down farther, possibly down to one resort that really stands out. Voila! Choice made!

If your kids enjoy going to the MK I would suggest staying at a MK resort, (CR, POLY, WL, GF) this way you will be close to the park and it would be easier for afternoon naps and such. I really enjoy staying at the WL, it is a wonderful resort, with the boat to MK ( it makes for a nice relaxing ride to and from the park). There are lots to do there as well. I love, Love, Love the AKL it is my all time favorite resort, I do not find it dark or out of the way, it is a nice retreat to come back to at the end of a busy park day. Just sitting out on the balcony watching the animals is so relaxing. Good luck and happy planning.

I booked a room at the Poly! :yay: Sue M - I never thought about the Poly because it was out of my price range before, but with the discount pin I got a great deal! I am so excited!

fla4fun - :teacher: you gave me a lot to think about, and it helped me narrow down my decision.

Thank you for all of the posts.

I booked a room at the Poly! :yay: Sue M - I never thought about the Poly because it was out of my price range before, but with the discount pin I got a great deal! I am so excited!

fla4fun - :teacher: you gave me a lot to think about, and it helped me narrow down my decision.

Thank you for all of the posts.

Great choice! You'll be so close to the MK it will be great! Plus the rooms there are really, really big compared to POR, so I don't think you'll feel squished at all. Just be aware that some people complain that the Poly is "too dark," too! We love it there, just letting you know. ;) The dark woods are just part of the theming (like at AKL).

I hope you love the Poly!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter