Still can't use OBB when booking online...sigh....

jrapps

DIS Veteran
I really wish Disney would finally get their act together and let us redeem OBB certificates online instead of calling in! Every time they open up new cruises, I am stuck on hold on Platinum booking day....sigh!

I called in today right at 8am, automated system told me 14 min wait...ended up being a 45 min wait, still not too bad, plus I got to listen to Disney music the whole time, but just a shaame they still can't figure this out....

I booked (hold) at 7:40 this morning online, I called at 8am and it took about 5 minutes to get through, I'm still on hold going on over 90 minutes.
I need to have them apply my OBB.
I wanted a particular room, I am glad I did it this way, but man this hold is ridiculous.

I booked (hold) at 7:40 this morning online, I called at 8am and it took about 5 minutes to get through, I'm still on hold going on over 90 minutes.
I need to have them apply my OBB.
I wanted a particular room, I am glad I did it this way, but man this hold is ridiculous.
That’s what I plan to do for the Treasure release as I’ll need an accessible room for that cruise.

I really wish Disney would finally get their act together and let us redeem OBB certificates online instead of calling in! Every time they open up new cruises, I am stuck on hold on Platinum booking day....sigh!

I called in today right at 8am, automated system told me 14 min wait...ended up being a 45 min wait, still not too bad, plus I got to listen to Disney music the whole time, but just a shaame they still can't figure this out....
That’s not bad. I was told 20 min wait and took about 60 minutes which was still considered a win by me.

That’s what I plan to do for the Treasure release as I’ll need an accessible room for that cruise.
Can you book online
And then apply OBB later? Like later same day or next day etc ? Do they keep your room and everything else the same ?

This comment is going to make me seem like a wet blanket, but this is something that is already costing them money. If anything, I'm grateful they offer OBB at all.

They could very easily get rid of it all together and not bat an eye. I would expect them to go that way unfortunately instead of improving the process.

Can you book online
And then apply OBB later? Like later same day or next day etc ? Do they keep your room and everything else the same ?
You can’t retroactively apply the OBB, so if the price has gone up then the 10% would apply to that new price. You would also lose main dining if that’s not an option any more.

However they can make sure you get the same room (normally) and as we need an accessible room I feel this is the best way for the Treasure.

Can you book online
As holula said, the OBB discount can be applied only to new bookings.

As of now, the only way to avoid waiting on the phone to book using OBB is to use a travel agent who will do that for you. However, if you made the placeholder booking more than 30 days ago and haven't assigned it to a travel agent, that won't work either.

As holula said, the OBB discount can be applied only to new bookings.

As of now, the only way to avoid waiting on the phone to book using OBB is to use a travel agent who will do that for you. However, if you made the placeholder booking more than 30 days ago and haven't assigned it to a travel agent, that won't work either.
You can book like I did today, I went online at 7:40 and placed a hold on the room I wanted and then I called at 8am and asked them to apply my OBB to the cruise.
However, they do have to cancel the existing reservation(hold) you made and switch to the reservation number of your OBB.
They tell you it is not guaranteed that they can get the same room for you because of the seconds it takes to cancel one reservation and make the new one.
I have done this for at least 3 cruises and have never had an issue getting the cabin I originally chose.

Yes, I did have to wait on hold for over an hour, but that was ok, the room I wanted would have been long gone had I not done it the way I did.
I just put the phone on speaker and did what I needed to do while I waited, LOL I vacuumed and mopped the whole house. Knocked out two things at once.

Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!