Still able to renew AP early in order to book park passes?

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
Is MS still able to renew APs early to accommodate onsite guests needing to make park reservations?

Our APs (DVC gold) expire Aug 25. I have a trip booked at the end of September and plan to attend a Boo Bash too :) I would like to renew our APs now so I can make sure I am able to make park reservations as soon as we have the days for Boo Bash sorted out.

Thanks!

Yes. Ours expire on Dec. 26 and they renewed them for us a couple of weeks ago. It shows up as a “certificate” in your MDE. You will need to activate at guest services (I guess this might be how it always goes with the DVC discount on the renewals, it was our first time). Just call the DVC MS phone number.

UPDATE: I was able to renew our DVC gold passes early by calling MS. I now have "renewal certificates" that have a 2099 expiration date in MDE. I'm assuming that when I activate them in late September, they will retroactively show a start date of Aug 26.

PS. I called MS at 9am EST to the second and was the first call of the day for the CM I spoke with. Calling right when the lines open worked great to avoid a long wait :)

UPDATE: I was able to renew our DVC gold passes early by calling MS. I now have "renewal certificates" that have a 2099 expiration date in MDE. I'm assuming that when I activate them in late September, they will retroactively show a start date of Aug 26.

PS. I called MS at 9am EST to the second and was the first call of the day for the CM I spoke with. Calling right when the lines open worked great to avoid a long wait :)

That is correct,

We have a trip in October but our passes expire in September. I called MS and was told nope but I could buy tickets and apply the price to the renewal when it was time. So, I guess it depends on who you talk to because it is obviously not a rule or standard since I was told no.

We have a trip in October but our passes expire in September. I called MS and was told nope but I could buy tickets and apply the price to the renewal when it was time. So, I guess it depends on who you talk to because it is obviously not a rule or standard since I was told no.
I would call back. Sounds like somebody didn’t feel like being helpful.

UPDATE: I was able to renew our DVC gold passes early by calling MS. I now have "renewal certificates" that have a 2099 expiration date in MDE.

I was charged for my DVC gold pass renewal that I made over the phone, but I do not see any renewal certificate. Where go I looking in MDE?

It would be listed under Tickets, same place as your AP. If it isn’t there you should be able to link it yourself in the MDE using the confirmation email info.

Manual linking worked! Thanks for the help <3
Glad it worked. The MS we talked to when renewing did it for us “because she was already in our MDE”, but had told us we would be able to do it ourselves if she hadn’t….

Hi, everyone! We just found ourselves in this situation (booked a mid-February trip and APs expire the week before). Two questions:
1) Which specific number do people recommend calling to renew a DVC gold AP?
2) Can we pay for them partially with Disney gift certificates? (in $500 amounts-- not $25s :rolleyes: )

Thanks!!

Hi, everyone! We just found ourselves in this situation (booked a mid-February trip and APs expire the week before). Two questions:
1) Which specific number do people recommend calling to renew a DVC gold AP?
2) Can we pay for them partially with Disney gift certificates? (in $500 amounts-- not $25s :rolleyes: )

Thanks!!
Call MS to renew your Gold pass. Be sure to tell them you have a reservation and want to make park reservations.

Yes, you can use the Gift cards/certificates to partially pay.

UPDATE: A castmember called me back today and I am pleased that a) some one called ME back and I didn't have to wait hrs b)I was able to make park reservations for all of us c)the castmember went above and beyond to help me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter