Stephen Porter, you nailed it !

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by dvc at last !, Jun 30, 2018.

1. dvc at last !

dvc at last ! DVC Member 2006!

2. beastlyprince

beastlyprince Mouseketeer

Andy wouldn't have a restaurant or a store in his back yard, that's why they are not in Toy Story Land.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Yes but they were originally supposed to have a shop and meet and greets. That was later cut.

SorcererHeidi and beastlyprince like this.
  5. beastlyprince

True. Definitely a budget cut, but there's a small possibility that they changed it to reflect that these buildings wouldn't be in Andy's back yard.
    The same way that Pizza Planet wasn't moved to Toy Story Land.

I just saw some photos of the Pixar merch in Beverly Sunset. Odd placement. Too far away from Toy Story Land for those impulse purchases after spending time in this new land.

Will CPA and rteetz like this.
  6. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

a kitchen where Andy snacks, a space station that serves pizza???? (yes I stole that idea from another theme park) , maybe a place where kids could make there own cookies shaped like mr potato head. Or maybe a space station in the middle where kids can play while waiting for the rides. Or his house in the middle with the rides serving his backyard. Its really strange Disney cut funding to not have a store that will make them more money.

7. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

Like Hollywood Studios needs more rides , more food options and did I mention more rides. This will do two things reduce the 'crazy crowds' at Magic Kingdom. Something like Frozen would increase the numbers tenfold.It could have hotel anchoring the whole thing too. Why not a castle and a similar venture to BOG. Then you would have few more rides with SWL and TSL.

8. CampbellzSoup

CampbellzSoup Son. Husband. Father to Be.

Well Andy apparently has liquor in his backyard so anything’s possible.

9. beastlyprince

Well, Andy's 23 now, so he's legal. Perhaps a giant Igloo cooler with one beer attached to the plastic 6 pack ring should be added to Toy Story Land.

10. beastlyprince

Then again, perhaps the liquor is for Andy's mom. Andy's dad's never around.

11. Flamingeaux

Flamingeaux If I am posting I am at work dreaming about Disney

Would Andy have a bathroom in his backyard. Nope, he'd just take a whiz behind the tree....

12. dvc at last !

dvc at last ! DVC Member 2006!

Funny !

13. SorcererHeidi

SorcererHeidi Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me

@CampbellzSoup - FIST BUMP, dude!!! :rotfl2:

MaryKatesMom likes this.
  14. DizDaD7

DizDaD7 Truly a ~GOOFY~ Person.

Well this thread certainly took a turn south!!!

15. SCSteve

SCSteve Mouseketeer

Let's not over think this. WDW will continue to suffer budget cuts so there is more money for the overseas theme parks. Bottom line, it doesn't matter what is done or not done at WDW, folks will keep coming, they just keep coming....

16. Sweet T n Me

Sweet T n Me Earning My Ears

Don't worry.....soon Star Wars will cast so much shade over TSL that it will feel like Andy's flea circus.

FigmentKrazee and MaryKatesMom like this.
  17. loblolly

loblolly Earning My Ears

True. And, that was probably their train of thought when deciding on what to cut. Besides, at least this way you won't have famlies setting up camp in there for the day. They would never leave. I remember taking my kids to the "children's area" of theme parks, and it was full of people that made themselves at home. Granted Disney World, in general, is too crowded for that to happen the way it does at other parks, but why tempt them?

18. MaryKatesMom

MaryKatesMom DIS Veteran

Great thread!