Step Right Up and Watch Us Stack The Genie 🧞‍♂️ New TR started 9/25**

disneyAndi14

DIS Veteran
Step right up and watch us stack the Genie 🧞‍♂️

Hello Everyone!

My name is Caroline and I love traveling, especially to Walt Disney World! I am a RN and let’s be honest, it is a stressful career especially the last 2+ years, even more so!

Traveling is my Zen, my happiness and it rejuvenates my soul!
1651936689068.gif
My daughter and I travel together and found we have a deep love for Disney trips. We have been doing “Disney” for 12 years together! 🥰

Our trips are very special and filled with so many memories. We have seen Disney change so much in these 12 years and I have seen my sweet daughter grow up traveling to WDW.
AP.jpg
My daughter is Andi and she is a senior in college! She is graduating very soon with a double major in Spanish and Latin America Studies. She will start a professional internship with the University of Wisconsin in the cultural department this fall.

She plans to travel to Panama and Costa Rica in the future for her career! She has been an excellent student and we are very proud of her. She currently translates data for a law firm, does tutoring and is a TA for the head of the Latin American Department. She has found there is a great need for her bilingual skills out there!

We do have two others in this family, my son Jack and my husband Joe. Joe and I have been married over 30 years and have raised two amazing 🤩 kids! His only flaw is he doesn’t like traveling to Florida and he is not a Disney fan, boo 😒

Our son, Jack, loves Star Wars but also not a fan of Disney in general. I am hoping to get him there someday to explore Batuu! Maybe when pigs fly 🐷

On with the show, Andi and I traveled from 4/26-5/3/22.

Resort: Wilderness Lodge nature view, 2 queen beds.

Tickets: APH for both of us, also APH at Universal

Parks: Visiting all 4 parks at WDW and 1 day at IOA and US

Dining: Combination of sit down, F&G, lounges, and quick service

Transportation: We use Disney transportation as much as possible with Lyft here and there. 🚝🚌🚠⛴ We use Lyft for airport transportation now since DME is gone.😭

We fly from Minnesota and almost always fly Delta 🧑🏼‍✈️🛫

Come one, come all to our trip report! You will hear all about our adventures! Most are great with a few misses here and there!

We didn’t run around like crazy tourists this trip.
1651936649635.gif
1651936746639.gif

We did a tour in AK, relaxed at our resort and another favorite resort, and still had plenty of park time!

Here we are enjoying an evening in Epcot!
E4DB68D4-09B0-45D1-80C7-2BBD89FEADD4.jpeg
Travel day starts very soon…..

Do I have enough time to book Remy before our airplane takes off??? Tune in to find out, I’m keeping this TR carnival themed!!

Unfortunately there will not be any bearded ladies or lobster boys!🦞

Welcome to all, step right up and join in!!

2nd in line here! Can’t wait to hear all 😊

ETA - you're off to a great start. Looking forward to hearing how both the Genie and the tour worked out.

Last edited:
Here!! I am a Spanish teacher so love to hear about Andi’s career choice. I also have a new love of Disney as an adult and will have my second mommy/daughter (DD 7) trip in November. My DH and DS aren’t as big of Disney fans as my daughter and I but we hope to get a family trip again sometime.
I’m excited to hear how your latest trip was!

Am I first? Whoa, I was looking forward to seeing a bearded lady or a lobster boy.
Yay! Welcome 🤗 Well you may see a woman in a goofy mask, oh sorry lady that isn’t a mask, haha 😂 we love the Muppets
2nd in line here! Can’t wait to hear all 😊

ETA - you're off to a great start. Looking forward to hearing how both the Genie and the tour worked out.
Hi Moira so glad to have you here, welcome 🤗
Here!! I am a Spanish teacher so love to hear about Andi’s career choice. I also have a new love of Disney as an adult and will have my second mommy/daughter (DD 7) trip in November. My DH and DS aren’t as big of Disney fans as my daughter and I but we hope to get a family trip again sometime.
I’m excited to hear how your latest trip was!
Welcome and wow that is awesome, Andi hopes to teach English as a second language in Panama or Costa Rica. Mother/daughter trips are the best. We have made so many memories! I’m trying to get my husband and son to do a trip with us again!
Following along! We're heading to Disney soon and I need all the Genie+ stacking tips I can get.
Welcome 🤗 I thought stacking worked great 😌 way less stressful doing it that way. Stay tuned for stacking advice!
Excited to follow along!
Yay Hi Hanna, welcome 🤗
Joining in and can't wait to hear about all your adventures!
Hi Susan, welcome 🤗, it was an adventure!
Excited to follow along!!!
Yay Welcome 🤗
Can’t wait to read about your adventures!
Thank you and Welcome 🤗
Excited to hear about your trip!
Yay, Welcome 🤗
I'm here and ready to follow along!
Yay, Welcome 🤗
Here!
But will have to read later
Sounds good and welcome 🤗

It is time! It is travel day!✈️

Andi had arrived the evening before and we had Qdoba for dinner. We talked about our trip and both were very excited! I was most excited for the warm weather! The forecast looked awesome! 85 and sunny ☀️ each day. This was such a welcome with our colder than normal April.

We had to get up around 3:30am so we went to bed early! I had the day before off and it was very nice! I have started to take the day before and the day after a trip off! It really makes the travel portion less stressful.

Ring, Ring, just like hitting the hammer to ring the bell at the carnival 🎡 It was 3:30am. Time to get ready for Disney!

Our flight was scheduled to leave at 5:40am. We live about 20-30 minutes from the airport. It was freezing outside, I believe the temperature was 24, ugh! Mother Nature forgot it was the end of April at our house. It was snowing lightly as well, seriously 😳Get me out of here!
1652021573570.jpeg
My mirror selfie before each trip, lol 😆
We left around 4:15am and arrived about 4:40am. Our airport is very small so we had plenty of time to get checked in and to the gate.

We boarded on time and I was checking my phone to see if I would be able to grab a Remy $FP, (this will be the symbol I use for fancy rides=$). Well thank goodness we had to wait for the airplane to be de iced, #thanksMother Nature! I was able to get a Remy $FP right as we were taking off, shhh 🤫 don’t tell the pilot 👨‍✈️ I put my phone to airplane mode immediately after!
1652021660403.jpeg
We arrived in Minneapolis on time and headed over to the gate for our flight to Orlando. I stopped and picked up some water and a snack. We had comfort+ seats on the flight. The flight left right on time at 7:45am, yay 😁
1652021702793.jpeg
I watched The House of Gucci and really liked it! The acting was awesome! I love the line Father, Son, House of Gucci, lol 😝

It really is a sad story, how the family built company crumbled because of the family.

The flight was uneventful and we landed right at 11:45am, exactly a 3 hour flight!

The airport was so busy, wow, people everywhere. It is just like the crowds at the carnival trying to step right up to see the snake 🐍 man!

We travel to Orlando quite often and wow this was the busiest I have seen the airport in awhile. Yikes 😱 I hope everyone wasn’t heading to WDW.

We weaved through the crowds and made it down to the baggage carousels (carnival related 😅) to pick up our bags.

We didn’t wait long and had our bags 💼 We headed right out the doors to the ride share area. It was literally right across from our bag pickup area. We called for a Lyft and waited about 5 minutes and on our way to WL yay!

I did have a text from Disney saying our room wasn’t quite ready yet.

The weather, it was beautiful, hot and the sun was shining, I loved it. I soaked it up as much as possible before getting in the car.

In the car, I ordered a few groceries from Instacart, wow it was literally $30 dollars more than January for basically the same items, wow, inflation sucks! I also noticed more surcharges on everything. Order placed and arriving around 2-3pm.

I know Lyft was also adding a surcharge now but for the most part, we didn’t feel the cost to use rideshare was up a ton.

We arrived at the beautiful WL and it is very welcoming at the entrance and walking in the lobby, beautiful 🤩
1652021388389.jpeg
1652021448917.jpeg
1652021498203.jpeg
I decided to go up to the front desk to check on room location and I am so glad I did. The room we were assigned was the exact same one as before, above the restaurant, what?? First off that room is standard and we paid for the nature view and no way would we want that room! This was the room that sent us to the GF several years ago! I talked with the CM and she was awesome, she got us moved to a quiet nature view area on the 4th floor, thank goodness 😅

Once this was settled, we needed a drink and food! We decided on GP. We waited about 5 minutes to be seated. Did I tell you how lovely it was outside, heavenly!
1652021916674.jpeg
We had a little table on the outside of the lounge with the lake to our right. It was awesome!

Our waiter was very nice but not very organized. I wanted to try the Huckleberry Punch, it isn’t on the menu but I know my Dis friends love it so I asked for it, and yes they would make it for me, yay! Andi ordered the Blueberry Lemonade. Both drinks are made with flavored vodka. The punch was the clear winner and we had several more throughout the week.
1652021962128.jpeg
1652021998220.jpeg
I ordered the Cheesy Barbecue Brisket with house made chips, this was delicious and I enjoyed it very much.

Andi had a special of the day, it was a spicy chicken sandwich with French fries. This was very good as well, it had a spicy sauce and spicy slaw on a fried chicken sandwich.
1652022071577.jpeg
I was happy, relaxing and enjoying the weather with good food and drinks!

Our waiter was very slow but we didn’t mind because we wanted to just sit and chill until our room was ready.

Stay tuned for a room tour and our evening in Epcot

“Wow I am cheesed out!” This is the mantra for the evening!

Just like at the carnival when you can get cheese on a stick, at WDW, you can get cheese so many ways!! 🧀🧀

Happy Mother's Day! What a nice, uneventful travel day! That flight from Duluth to MSP must be wheels up, wheels down lol! I still have to watch that movie, I have been so busy watching all of this new Marvel stuff! Geyser Point looks so good, one of these days I will make it over there.

I watched The House of Gucci and really liked it! The acting was awesome! I love the line Father, Son, House of Gucci, lol 😝

It really is a sad story, how the family built company crumbled because of the family.
I watched that movie on the way to Florida in March! It was really good.
We didn’t wait long and had our bags 💼 We headed right out the doors to the ride share area. It was literally right across from our bag pickup area. We called for a Lyft and waited about 5 minutes and on our way to WL yay!
Love using Lyft!
In the car, I ordered a few groceries from Instacart, wow it was literally $30 dollars more than January for basically the same items, wow, inflation sucks! I also noticed more surcharges on everything. Order placed and arriving around 2-3pm.
I found the same thing...prices are really increasing!
I decided to go up to the front desk to check on room location and I am so glad I did. The room we were assigned was the exact same one as before, above the restaurant, what?? First off that room is standard and we paid for the nature view and no way would we want that room! This was the room that sent us to the GF several years ago! I talked with the CM and she was awesome, she got us moved to a quiet nature view area on the 4th floor, thank goodness 😅
Oh my gosh, that same terrible room!! So glad you got that straightened out!
We had a little table on the outside of the lounge with the lake to our right. It was awesome!
Jack and I sat at that table a lot last summer!
I ordered the Cheesy Barbecue Brisket with house made chips, this was delicious and I enjoyed it very much.
One of my favourites!
Stay tuned for a room tour and our evening in Epcot
Looking forward to it!
View attachment 667812
Happy Mother’s Day to all the awesome moms out there!!
Happy Mother's Day to you!

Glad travel day was uneventful and you were relaxing at Geyser Point before you knew it! Now that I live in a cold(ish) place, I understand just how nice it is to step out into the warm FL sunshine after long stretches of winter weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter