Steamboat Willie Meet?

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by bobbywiseman, Jun 13, 2018.

1. bobbywiseman

bobbywiseman Earning My Ears

Can anyone tell me if steamboat willie still meets in toon town and if he's regular or not? Thanks in advance.

2. Vala

Vala DIS Veteran

He is in Mickey's Movie Barn, but by no means a regular. Last year I was in the Camera Store when I saw the Family in front of me had Pictures with him on their Photopass Card. I asked them when they were taken, they said half an hour ago and I booked it to Toontown as if chased by banshees. Got him. Only took 10 years of trying.

cruisehopeful and tzeitel like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. OhioStateBuckeye

OhioStateBuckeye DIS Veteran

He can be in Mickey's house. There can be up to four different Mickey's at a time who meet behind different doors. I think it's sorcerer Mickey, bandstand Mickey, regular Mickey and steamboat. At least it was a few years ago.

What we did was find a cm at the head of the line in the cartoon clip room, then we asked quietly if steamboat Willie Mickey was meeting today. She said yes and we asked if we could wait until that Mickey was ready for guests. So we stood aside with her and actually had to wait quite a bit longer until they were ready to load his room. But we did get to meet him.

5. pkrieger2287

pkrieger2287 Disney Dreamer

If this still occurs and I missed it on my trip I'm going to be really bummed.

6. mom2rtk

mom2rtk Bring Back MARIE!

I always suggest trying this. Just know though that many CMs will not do this. They will be cagey and say that you won't know who is back there until you get there. We really wanted to meet Steamboat Willie, but it took several trips with several tries before someone took pity and let us wait for him.

OhioStateBuckeye likes this.
  7. Vala

Vala DIS Veteran

Agreed. It never worked for me, no matter how hard I begged.