Steakhouse 71, really hard to find dinner reservation

Ariel620

DIS Veteran
I never thought this would be my hard reservation to get, but there is nothing for dinnertime anyday of my trip for Steakhouse 71 (going end of Sept). Am I doing something wrong?

I think a lot of people are planning on eating there before the Halloween parties at MK this year and that’s why it’s hard to get atm but I wouldn’t give up hope. People change plans and cancel all of the time so I would advise to just keep checking when you can. Some of the reservations we needed on our last trip we got week of because people who were hoarding them needed to cancel so that they wouldn’t be charged the no-show fee.

Set up a Touring plans reservation finder to help you find one. Also, you can eat in the lounge without an ADR so you might check than menu to see if that would work for you

Not surprising as good as reviews have been.

Maybe because we live in the Midwest where good steaks are easy to find, we weren't that impressed with Steakhouse 71.

It has a traditional steakhouse menu down to the (boring) lettuce wedge with bacon and blue cheese dressing.

If a menu like that of any other steakhouse is your preference, keep trying.

Otherwise, I think Kona Cafe, GF Cafe and Citricos have more interesting menus.

I think also because Kona will be closed then for renovations, there are less monorail dinner places.

I think also because Kona will be closed then for renovations, there are less monorail dinner places.
Perhaps, but I doubt very many people who enjoy steakhouses will care for Kona's menu and possibly vice versa.

Thanks for that info, though. I didn't know Kona was to close.

Keep stalking! We've been able to get reservations, especially early in the morning as people seem to cancel at night YMMV. Good luck!

We had trouble as well booking SH71 for our September/October trip. We were able to get fairly late ADRs for 9/30 and 10/1. We have always been able to get 5:00 ADRs, but no such luck this time. There is a Halloween party on 9/30 but not on 10/1, so I'm not sure early ADRs before the party are at play. Of course, 10/1 is the Contemporary's 51st birthday, so maybe that is why there was only one time when I booked. I would prefer to eat 10/1, but fireworks are at 9:00 that night, and our ADR will interfere with them. I'm hanging on to that one for a while in case they move fireworks back, but I doubt they will. I guess we will keep our 9/30 ADR even though that is our Food & Wine day, and I'm afraid we won't be hungry. I'll be letting go of one of these ADRs, and I'm sure others will as well. So keep stalking, as will I!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter