Staying offsite and need help with our several choices.

joe-aka-papabear

Mouseketeer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are traveling the first week of May and are trading our in-laws timeshare thru RCI. ( only costing us the exchange fee of $199)
Here are some of the places that are popping up thru are exchange search. All our choices are 2br or better.

Orange Lake East/West/North
Orbit One
Vacation Village at Parkway
Silver Lake Resort
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Club Sevilla

We will not be doing any Disney Parks this year, primarily due to our budget. We will have a car and be getting a 3 day ticket to Universal. We will be spending sometime at our resort so pools and other amenities are a plus. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Orange Lake East/West/North
Orbit One
Vacation Village at Parkway
Silver Lake Resort
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Club Sevilla

We will not be doing any Disney Parks this year, primarily due to our budget. We will have a car and be getting a 3 day ticket to Universal. We will be spending sometime at our resort so pools and other amenities are a plus. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Orange Lake is the furthest from Universal, I think, however it likely has the most on-site activities. It's a big resort with multiple pools and a lazy river, the kind where there's plenty to do. Avoid Orange Village East or River Island, which are both downwind of Disney's water treatment plant. :eek: The smell is only an issue when the wind is from one particular direction, and apparently more likely offseason, but I wouldn't risk it, especially since West Village is available. Never heard of it being an issue in West or North Villages. West Village seems to be the one people like best overall.

Not sure about Club Sevilla, but compared to Orange Lake the others (if I'm thinking of the right ones!) have more basic onsite stuff; pool and fairly average daily activities.

Orlando Sunshine Resort and Orlando International Resort are the closest to Universal -- just over I-4 -- however they're both small resorts, particularly the Sunshine, with basic pools and not as much to do onsite. They're right near Fun Spot, however, which sometimes offers all day deals and whatnot (cheaper on the Internet than at the door), and might be worth considering. The units at the Sunshine (especially the Sunshine I building) are good sized, if that's important.

We have it narrowed down to 2 resorts. Either the Sheraton Vistina Village (2 bdr townhouse Courts villa) or Vacation Village at parkway ( 2 bdr condo). Have never stayed at either before. Since we are going to bo spending time at the resort.... pools and amenities are a plus.

Thanks for your help.

We have it narrowed down to 2 resorts. Either the Sheraton Vistina Village (2 bdr townhouse Courts villa) or Vacation Village at parkway ( 2 bdr condo). Have never stayed at either before. Since we are going to bo spending time at the resort.... pools and amenities are a plus.

Thanks for your help.

We've stayed at Vacation Village before and had a good time. It is MUCH smaller than Vistana, and considering that you're planning downtime at the resort, I would think that Vistana has more to offer. And it's closer to Universal. We haven't stayed at Vistana, but it is definitely bigger. Hopefully someone who has stayed at Vistana will weigh in.

Thanks for your help.

Isn't the Courts section in Sheraton Vistana Resort and not Sheraton Vistana Villages? If SVR Courts is what you are looking at, u need to know that the second bedroom has two twin beds. Also, u should know that Vacation Village 2 bdrm. have a main hall entry with two separate entrances to each half. Might be a problem if you have young ones, as it will feel that the second bedroom is in the adjacent condo.

Isn't the Courts section in Sheraton Vistana Resort and not Sheraton Vistana Villages? If SVR Courts is what you are looking at, u need to know that the second bedroom has two twin beds. Also, u should know that Vacation Village 2 bdrm. have a main hall entry with two separate entrances to each half. Might be a problem if you have young ones, as it will feel that the second bedroom is in the adjacent condo.

It is the Vistina Resort and not the village.

The seperate entry into the 2nd bedroom at the parkway sounds odd, especially with 3yr/10yr olds. Might be the decidng factor for us.

The seperate entry into the 2nd bedroom at the parkway sounds odd, especially with 3yr/10yr olds. Might be the decidng factor for us.

I just know my sis in law was thankful that my in laws went with them that trip, b/c once they got there and saw the situation they only stayed on one side (twins slept on the pullout sofa in libing room) b/c they weren't going to let their twin 6 yr olds sleep on the other side alone. It would have been wasted if my in laws hadn't gone and used it.

SVR is nice. All rooms are recently renovated. Very up to date. You can read more at the SVR thread in the Hotels and Reviews thread at the top of the Orlando Hotels and Attractions page. We stayed in the Falls section last year and really enjoyed it. It was great for out family (DD9 and DS6). There is a nice playground across from the Falls pool, near Courts section. It is also really close the activity center and mini golf

I saw your post on the other thread and I know that you will get some great responses there. It is a great thread. In the meantime, I suggest that you google Starwood Vacation Ownership Sheraton Vistana (sorry I am having trouble attaching the link from my phone) and you can check out photos of the decor of different sections of the resort and floor plans, etc. The villas do look like these professional photos. This isn't a situation where you are only seeing photos of the few good rooms. They are all this nice.

VIstana is great! My parents own there, and we've stayed there 10 times now. The pools are the best.

If you're going to universal a lot - i have a driving tip. Stay off of I-4, and take I Drive up to the PEabody, and then cut behind on Universal drive. Much less trafffic!

Thanks for your help.

My husband didn't care for Vacation Village because the way the pool was situated among the buildings it was always in the shade. I've been banned from renting there again. lol Personally didn't bother me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter