Staying in the Tree House Villas next week :)

TinkrLiz

Mouseketeer
My DH, 2 sons (18 and 21) and I are going to be staying in the Tree House Villas starting Sunday. Is there any special information that I should know about THV? Last year we stayed at SSR for the first time and loved it. I was a lot better about trip planning last year. Just my DH and I went. This year we both opened our own businesses and I haven't done as much advance planning eeeek.

Thank you for any information you can share.

You will love them! There is plenty of room for all. We had four adults too and everyone had their own bed and even their own room if somebody opts for the bunk beds. They are plenty big to accommodate an adult body. :thumbsup2
The buses are continuous and take you to the Springs or the Grandstand section(s) of SSR where you transfer to another bus of your choice. The walkway to SSR(you'll arrive at the Grandstand section first) is a lovely 5-10 min. walk depending on your pace. There is a walkway from SSR to DTD which is also a favorite of ours. THV has it's own boat dock that will take you to DTD. Check and be sure what boat dock at DTD you have to go to in order to get your same boat back. There are no restaurants at THV, so you'll have to go to SSR for that and your sundries. But there is a quiet pool very nearby for the THV and that is very nice. I hope you enjoy staying there as much as we did. You really are in your own secluded piece of heaven. :cloud9:

We had a great family gathering at the THV in October. The one thing I would mention is that our villa's freezer's icemaker was broken, and even after it got fixed, it was sluggish. There is no ice dispenser available at THV, so if you go through a lot of ice with drinks (more critical in hot months, of course) better check your Treehouse icemaker's output and maybe bring along some extra from one of SSR's ice machines. Not a huge deal, of course, but just something to think about. Also...it is really COOL to grill out at the treehouse. The grills are not gas...but you can purchase the Matchlight charcoal that doesn't need lighter fluid at Seasons at SSR. There are grilling tools at the villa. Another caveat...don't plan on buying meat or produce at the Goodings grocery store in the Crossroads Shopping Center...something weird has happened there. We tried to buy chicken in October to grill and the store was eerily empty of merchandise (and customers). They had very little "fresh" stuff, tiny containers of questionable meat, and only half its lights on. Hit the Publix instead!

Something else fun to try...depending on how secluded your Treehouse is, it is neat to open the drapes on the big windows after you shut off your lights at night and peek through the treetops. You really feel like you are in a Treehouse then! Ours was over the canal, and we got to watch the lights on the boats that go back and forth to DTD go by. Magical!

We had a great family gathering at the THV in October. The one thing I would mention is that our villa's freezer's icemaker was broken, and even after it got fixed, it was sluggish. There is no ice dispenser available at THV, so if you go through a lot of ice with drinks (more critical in hot months, of course) better check your Treehouse icemaker's output and maybe bring along some extra from one of SSR's ice machines. Not a huge deal, of course, but just something to think about. Also...it is really COOL to grill out at the treehouse. The grills are not gas...but you can purchase the Matchlight charcoal that doesn't need lighter fluid at Seasons at SSR. There are grilling tools at the villa. Another caveat...don't plan on buying meat or produce at the Goodings grocery store in the Crossroads Shopping Center...something weird has happened there. We tried to buy chicken in October to grill and the store was eerily empty of merchandise (and customers). They had very little "fresh" stuff, tiny containers of questionable meat, and only half its lights on. Hit the Publix instead!

Something else fun to try...depending on how secluded your Treehouse is, it is neat to open the drapes on the big windows after you shut off your lights at night and peek through the treetops. You really feel like you are in a Treehouse then! Ours was over the canal, and we got to watch the lights on the boats that go back and forth to DTD go by. Magical!

We are just back from 12 nights at THV and had a blast!!

Yeah, I dont know what is up with Goodings, we only went after hitting other stores, but our experience exactly. No fresh fruits, dark and looked like it was going out of biz.

My most useful tip is to use the BBQ Tongs to retrieve items you store above the fridge! That thing is cavernous and holds alot but if you cant reach use the tongs:wizard:

It was chilly but it was soooo nice to have the THV and we really enjoyed the hot tub and pool area which was nicely heated.:cloud9:

Have a great time!!

I'm thinking of booking one next week for june, is there parking right outside the THV? Also, Is there a whirlpool tub in the master? We have 2 families of 4 going, and it would be nice for us all to be together!! This resort seems to have everything we're looking for!! Not sure of any other questions I have, but I"m sure there will be more. Thanks for the info!! It's been helpful so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter