Staying @ Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Resort, or Royal Pacific Resort? Start here!

Two rooms would be your cheapest option at the HRH. I would suggest staying onsite at a deluxe next summer since Kong will have just opened and the parks will be very busy.

The are town cars and taxi vans at the hotels for transportation.
Thank you

if your stay will be weekdays, rooms can be cheaper.
weekend rates are always higher in costs.

connecting rooms would work best for your group.
if you need to cut some costs, book 2 nights at hrh and get the free unlimited express pass usage.
on the third day, check out of hrh and move to Cbay hotel.

your express pass from hrh will continue with you on that third day util you leave the parks on day three.

you still will have early entry rights when you swith to the value hotel from the deluxe.

book the room at Cbay that accomodates 6 in the room.
Is the express pass really worth it? Isnt getting into the park a hour early good enough?

Is the express pass really worth it? Isnt getting into the park a hour early good enough?

Having express is lovely and definitely worth it. However, it isn't going to ruin your vacation if you don't have it.

Staying at RPR Jurassic suite Sat Nov 14th and Sun Nov 15. We plan to relax and go to pool on the 14th and then go to the parks on the 15th and 16th. RPR appears to be sold out (all room categories) on Saturday the 15th (which I find strange for that time of year unless many rooms are shut for reno - its not even sold out on the 21st). How does the fact that it is sold out impact pool crowds, restaurants, etc.? Should I expect wall to wall people that afternoon?

Hope this isn't a silly question but was wondering if my parents are florida residents and book a room using a discount, does everyone in that room need to be a Florida resident or could my kids and I stay with them? Thanks in advance for your help!!!

I have stayed at all 3 resorts here is how I see it: if you love music and noise (especially by the pool) stay at HRH, if you want quietness and don't want to spend a fortune with hotel fees stay at RP but if you gave a few extra dollars and want the experience of a gorgeous hotel stay at Portofino and ask for a room overlooking the bay!! All 3 hotels are beautiful and worth the extra money to stay onsite.

Bringing my family to Universal in April 2016 for 3 nights and staying on-site for first time. Did you happen to see the Despicable me rooms at Portofino?? I'm all over the place at which resort to stay at with my kids (Ages 6,4,1). I was leaning towards Portofino because of the despicable me room but I know RP has the Jurassic rooms, and Hard Rock just sounds super kids friendly?? curious what your opinion would be for my kids ages and your experience at all of them. Thanks in Advance!!!!

Bringing my family to Universal in April 2016 for 3 nights and staying on-site for first time. Did you happen to see the Despicable me rooms at Portofino?? I'm all over the place at which resort to stay at with my kids (Ages 6,4,1). I was leaning towards Portofino because of the despicable me room but I know RP has the Jurassic rooms, and Hard Rock just sounds super kids friendly?? curious what your opinion would be for my kids ages and your experience at all of them. Thanks in Advance!!!!
Hi - We have stayed at HRH and RP and are staying at PB in December. I would suggest, based on my knowledge, RP for your family. HRH is a resort that is great for teens, but is very loud (I'm deaf - but so I've been told :) ) so it may be hard to get the kids down for a nap if they are napping during the day. We loved RP - they have a great kids program at the pool that our 4 boys love, and they have great dining options (Jake's is super good). The Jurassic park suites would be perfect for your family.

Quick question. We've stayed onsite at Universal before but it's been a few years. I can't remember if we were allowed to check in before 3:00, leave our luggage, get express passes and go to the parks? We're staying PBH club level and plan on getting in very early on our check-in date.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Quick question. We've stayed onsite at Universal before but it's been a few years. I can't remember if we were allowed to check in before 3:00, leave our luggage, get express passes and go to the parks? We're staying PBH club level and plan on getting in very early on our check-in date.

Yes

Yes, the last two times we have stayed onsite, we've been able to check in, leave our luggage and head to the parks. This was transferring from a Disney hotel around 10 or 11 am too.

I'd love to see the first post of this thread reinstated - it's not really a starting place without it!

I'd love to see the first post of this thread reinstated - it's not really a starting place without it!

So much has changed since 2007. What was a good starting point then may not be a good starting point now.

ed-1372-2-XL.jpg

Staying at Royal Pacific in April for 4 nights. We have been to Universal a few times, but the last time was in 2012. My 17 year old will be there to perform in Universal with his steel drum band. They are staying at the new resort that does not offer early entry. My daughter and I are going to stay at RP. I am looking forward to staying on property for the first time. :)

This question may have been asked but wondering if anybody knows if all the rooms have been renovated at Royal Pacific?

Staying at Royal Pacific in April for 4 nights. We have been to Universal a few times, but the last time was in 2012. My 17 year old will be there to perform in Universal with his steel drum band. They are staying at the new resort that does not offer early entry. My daughter and I are going to stay at RP. I am looking forward to staying on property for the first time. :)

The new resorts (Cabana Bay is open...will Sapphire be open for your trip?) do have early entry. What they do not have is express pass.

This question may have been asked but wondering if anybody knows if all the rooms have been renovated at Royal Pacific?

No. There are some current posts on the main page about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter