Staying @ Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Resort, or Royal Pacific Resort? Start here!

Going the week of Sept 19 - 2 days at Universal - probably looking to stay on site that Monday night the 20th with park to park tickets.....considering getting a room for 1 night for express pass and early access. Will be staying with family for the other nights....my question, is it worth it and which hotel would you book?

Hi folks

Does anyone know which tower has the interconnecting rooms? We have booked this on our reservation and wanted an idea where we would be? x

Hi.

We've booked one night at rpr for express pass.
Are there taxis outside to take us back to aoa-
Or order from desk-which would be best/ cheapest?!

Hi.

We've booked one night at rpr for express pass.
Are there taxis outside to take us back to aoa-
Or order from desk-which would be best/ cheapest?!

There are town cars outside the deluxe hotels but they can hail to a cab too. Cabs are constantly arriving and departing.

First time at Universal. Have booked CBR for Nov 20 & 21, the Friday & Saturday before Tgiving. I am now seeing RPR for 288/night. Is that the cheapest I will probably see it? Not really in budget but the Express pass is so tempting. Could I do first night at RPR, second at CBR? Our flight is 5pm Sunday, not sure how much time we'll get in park that day.

yes, do the deluxe the first night and the value the next night.
you will be able to use the express lines for the day you check in to the deluxe and the day you check out of it for Cbay

yes, do the deluxe the first night and the value the next night.
you will be able to use the express lines for the day you check in to the deluxe and the day you check out of it for Cbay
Thanks. Will universal transfer our luggage from one resort to the next?

i would guess it could be about a 15 minute walk.

really depends on your walking pace.

We are planning to go to Universal Nov. 25 and 26 (Thanksgiving) so need a hotel Wed to Friday. We are wanting to pick either Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Resort, or Royal Pacific Resort. I have read that Hard Rock Hotel is super close. We have been to lobby of Portofino Bay Resort to visit friends and walk 15 minutes to Universal and really liked the vibe of that hotel. Hard Rock Hotel is cheapest out of three but I have read it could be noisy. We are looking for elegance, nice ambiance and high end. Which out of the three do you recommend?

hrh is probably the closest deluxe to the studios.
rpr, if you walk, is closet to ioa.

if it is only two of you, i would pick rpr.
i enjoy the ambiance there, the lobby is circular and inviting.
this hotel has 4 eateries on site.
jakes, island dining room, bula bar, tchoup chop.

if you have more than 2 in your group, go with pbr.
larger rooms.
longest walk from the 3 deluxe to the parks would be pbr.

water taxi is your friend.
use that if you stay here.

Thanks for your detailed reply. We ended up booking HRH club room. I'll post my review after we stay!

Coming to Universal August 2016. Us a family a family of 4 (Husband/Myself/16yr old boy and 13ry old girl) plus 2 of their friends. This is mine and my daughters 2nd time here but I am not counting the first time as we were hardly there... So this is basically our first time. I really want to stay at Hard Rock but with 6 of us I see none of the rooms accomodate that many. Is my only option 2 connecting rooms? I like the fact that we can get early entry and fast pass privileges. I looked at Cabana Bay and they only offer early entry... Not sure if Hard Rock is really worth it. We will be staying 3 nights (3 days). We will be arriving from Beach Club Villas so should we take a Mears Cab? Whats our options for getting to the airport at end of trip? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Coming to Universal August 2016. Us a family a family of 4 (Husband/Myself/16yr old boy and 13ry old girl) plus 2 of their friends. This is mine and my daughters 2nd time here but I am not counting the first time as we were hardly there... So this is basically our first time. I really want to stay at Hard Rock but with 6 of us I see none of the rooms accomodate that many. Is my only option 2 connecting rooms? I like the fact that we can get early entry and fast pass privileges. I looked at Cabana Bay and they only offer early entry... Not sure if Hard Rock is really worth it. We will be staying 3 nights (3 days). We will be arriving from Beach Club Villas so should we take a Mears Cab? Whats our options for getting to the airport at end of trip? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Two rooms would be your cheapest option at the HRH. I would suggest staying onsite at a deluxe next summer since Kong will have just opened and the parks will be very busy.

The are town cars and taxi vans at the hotels for transportation.

if your stay will be weekdays, rooms can be cheaper.
weekend rates are always higher in costs.

connecting rooms would work best for your group.
if you need to cut some costs, book 2 nights at hrh and get the free unlimited express pass usage.
on the third day, check out of hrh and move to Cbay hotel.

your express pass from hrh will continue with you on that third day util you leave the parks on day three.

you still will have early entry rights when you swith to the value hotel from the deluxe.

book the room at Cbay that accomodates 6 in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter