Staying at Yacht Club... Again

TyGuy

Mouseketeer
My DW surprised me with the line “why don’t we go to Disney World for our anniversary” so we are heading back in a little less then 2 weeks (Oct 23rd to the 27th). We’ve stayed at the YC so many times it’s like a second home. The wonderful CM from CRO marked our reservation as an anniversary too.

So, I guess my question is… Is there anything new going on at the YC since last December? This trip was planned so quickly I feel like I haven’t had a chance to research everything. I saw that there is renovation going on at the BC but has it started at the YC yet? Any particular room area that I should ask for?

Thanks
Ty

Well I hope you have a nice stay and a Happy Anniversary!
I stayed there last dec and we had a lovely stay.
I would check out the YC FAQ so new information.

We'll be there the same time. We LOVE YC/BC!

We were just able to switch our reservation from BWI to YC. I kept trying to get an AP rate for YC or BC and someone must have cancelled because I just got it the other day.

It's a surprise trip for our kids - our first time to MNSSHP, Food and Wine Festival, DH running the TOT 13K Race and an early celebration for my birthday! I'm soooo excited!

I did see some photos of new room decor (gorgeous).It is getting upgraded now but not sure of which floors they are up to.I know what you mean about it feeling like home.We are BC regulars and we only went as far as YC or BWI to try something new lol...trying to book the next one and having trouble deciding! My anniversay and Birthday are Oct26..whats yours?

I did see some photos of new room decor (gorgeous).It is getting upgraded now but not sure of which floors they are up to.I know what you mean about it feeling like home.We are BC regulars and we only went as far as YC or BWI to try something new lol...trying to book the next one and having trouble deciding! My anniversay and Birthday are Oct26..whats yours?

The only place we even considered was the GF but they didn't have any rooms available with the pin code so we are staying at "home"

Our anniversay is Oct 22 so our arrival is only one day off :cool1:

Happy Anniversary TyGuy. I am glad to hear that the YC feels like home to you. We are heading down in Jan. for our first time at the YC, can't wait! Have a great stay!

TyGuy, congratulations on the anniversary. Last year at the GF they really took care of us on our 30th. Hope they do something special for you too at the YC.

If you look over at the BC/YC board you will see that the BC is going through renovations right now (running a little behind) but the YC is not scheduled for work until early 2009 so you shouldn't have any issues. Hope you post over on the BC/YC board when you get back and tell us how the trip went.

Yacht Club according to two managers I talked to last week said no rehab until mid of next year 2009.

Yacht Club according to two managers I talked to last week said no rehab until mid of next year 2009.

I saw a room photo at the YC with new carpet and dark furniture on another website?Maybe what it will look like?

Are the rooms starting to look shabby?

We had a garden view in Oct 07 and waterview in April 08 and both rooms were meticulous and immaculate and just gorgeous! Both rooms had huge flat screen tvs too

Our YC room beginning of August was in great shape!!! At that time they were sanding and refinishing YC lobby floors.

Just love Y&BC. Congratulations on your anniversary!!

I saw a room photo at the YC with new carpet and dark furniture on another website?Maybe what it will look like?

All I can say is what I was told no rehab until 2009. I didn't see anything being done when I went up to 5th floor to visit friends. Maybe you saw a picture of the Beach Club or BWI room?? MHO

I heard Yacht Club might be getting flat screen TV's????

For those who think Yacht Club resort has been rehab or under it. I received this for my upcoming trip. Not until next year.

Thank you for your email. Please rest assured that there is no rehab
work due to take place at the Yacht Club until Spring of next year.
This information has been confirmed with the rehab manager.

Please do not worry, and we look forward to welcoming you to the Yacht
Club in November.

Have a Magical Day!

Concierge Itinerary Planner
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
Yacht.Beach.Club.Itinerary.Planning@Disneyworld.com
Phone: (407) 934-1448
Fax: (407) 934-1487

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!