Staying at the Port Orleans: Which room should I request?

Princess Shannon

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

I was wondering where I should ask for my room to be in the Port Orleans. We will be on our honeymoon!
Also, do you know what their fax number is or when I should send over the room request. We are going in October.

Thank you!

PS

Which Port Orleans? Riverside or French Quarter?

I don't actually request a room location since anywhere at WDW is good for me, but you may want to request a room close to the main building at Riverside if you plan on eating at the food court or restaurant very often. FQ is much smaller and easier to get around, so it really doesn't matter where you are.

Hmmm... I don't know. I thought one of the sides was closed??? We are not eating at the resturant at all. We just want to be near transportation or the pool :)

There is PO/Riverside(used to be Dixie Landings) and there is French quarter(FQ) which was closed but is now open. At Riverside you have the mansions(pretty, romantic) or alligator bayou(rustic,charming). The insides and outsides are very different between the mansions and the bayou. Look at pictures of all and let CRO know your preference. Then you can also fax a few days before your arrival! Oh, the food court there is wonderful, I do hope you try it. That is where you can get the refillable mugs too! Enjoy it all!:)

We found Magnolia Terrace to be close to the themed pool, along side of a quiet pool and convenient to a bus stop.

The parking lot separates the mansions from the bus stop so you can be quite far from the stop depending on your room.

You might want a room closer to the food court, depending on your preferences but I enjoyed the walk immensely!

We stayed in alligator bayou building 25, which at first I thought was far away from everything (food court, main bus stop, themed pool) but it turned out to be great for us. We were right next to the West depot, which was never crowded and next to a quiet pool, which was also less crowded. And the walk to the food court really wasnt that bad. Plus it was quiet, not a lot of foot "traffic".

We just got back from PO-Riverside and stayed in building 90 - Oak Manor (mansion) it was quite convenient to the main building and first bus stop and a short walk to the main pool (there was also another pool just next to us).

We thought it was romantic and very quiet.

I should add that we LOVE Magnolia Terrace. We like the upper floor as it is very quiet and had no traffic. We had a courtyard view(standard rate) and it was very pretty. We were near the elevators.:D Magnolia Terrace is a non smoking building. We have been in a non smoking room in Acadian and it was very similiar. I think Magnolia Terrace is a bit prettier, has the gazebo.
I think they are all nice in different ways though.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter