Staying at SSR, what are the chances of getting a free upgrade?

kccne

Earning My Ears
I've been told to ask, and I plan on it. But we are renting points to stay at SSR, since we are using DVC points is there any chance we get the upgrade? Or am I just wasting my breathe

No upgrades for DVC rooms. You pay for what you get. If for some reason every room in your category is filled and. Room goes out of service they would move you to a different resort same room size. Do not ask for an upgrade. Especially if you rent points because sometimes the CMs get confused and they will go in the back room and make a new reservation from that owners points and really mess things up. And yes, it happened to me so don't say they can't do it.

Ali has it right, you do not get free upgrades with DVC. And if you were staying on cash, ASKING for an upgrade almost assures not getting one!

I've been told to ask, and I plan on it. But we are renting points to stay at SSR, since we are using DVC points is there any chance we get the upgrade? Or am I just wasting my breathe

Do not ask for an upgrade if you are renting points. I don't think the person you're renting from would appreciate it.

You definitely don't want to ask for an upgrade if you're renting points. There have been incidents where renters have done this and the extra points to cover the upgrade have been removed from the owner's account. Now the owner's points that they planned to use for their next vacation are gone, and they're going to be very, very unhappy, to say the least.

No, it shouldn't happen, but it has.

DVC resorts don't do complimentary upgrades on points reservations. They're timeshares, which operate differently than hotels. Upgrades are done if there's a maintenance issue that prevents them from giving you the room you booked, which is a rare occurrence.

There's no mechanism to pay for an upgrade with cash on a points reservation at a DVC resort. Even owners can't do that. So, when you rent a reservation from an owner, expect to get exactly what was booked.

Pay for what you want. Rent the amount of points you need for the room you want. Whoever told you to ask is not correct and ill informed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter