Staying at Residence Inn LBV - 2br suite $129/night

tarmand

DIS Cast Member<br><font color="red"> duh duh duh
I absolutely love the RI. We are staying at the LBV location and got a 2br suite for $129/night. You can't beat that for 4 adults and a child. Their breakfast is worth at least $6/person each morning. I wish it were the Seaworld location, but that one was $150/night and I didn't want to spend the extra money just for a cooler pool that we might not even have time to use.

I love RI and we've stayed in RIs in several different cities, but I don't see the point in Orlando. For much less, we can get a far roomier place by renting a condo, timeshare or house. It doesn't include breakfast, but you save more than enough to make up for that.

We're going in November and have a 2-bed, 2-bath unit at Orbit One for $260/week! And it is much larger than the suites at RI.

If you really want a hotel setting, RI is a great choice. But if you are looking for space and savings, consider renting.

disneysteve said:
I love RI and we've stayed in RIs in several different cities, but I don't see the point in Orlando. For much less, we can get a far roomier place by renting a condo, timeshare or house. It doesn't include breakfast, but you save more than enough to make up for that.

We're going in November and have a 2-bed, 2-bath unit at Orbit One for $260/week! And it is much larger than the suites at RI.

If you really want a hotel setting, RI is a great choice. But if you are looking for space and savings, consider renting.

I thought about a condo, but we are only going for a short three day trip. I figured it wasn't worth it for that short of time. Also, I like staying in a hotel. I like to have someone else do the cleaning, for once. But, I like to have a full kitchen. We are Marriott people. We love their chain and usually stay free on points, but in Orlando, they consider all hotels to be at least a category 4. To me, it's a waste of my points. This way, I will stay in a hotel that I love and get points toward another stay somewhere else. I should get about 4,000 points for my stay so that's a plus as well.

We will probably go the condo route next summer when we go back for a week. This trip is just a quick fix and a first time MNSSHP.

I agree. For a short trip, a rental isn't practical. Many require a 6 or 7-day stay. We are also Marriott people and I agree about not using points in Orlando. The prices are reasonable and the points are more valuable elsewhere.

disneysteve said:
I agree. For a short trip, a rental isn't practical. Many require a 6 or 7-day stay. We are also Marriott people and I agree about not using points in Orlando. The prices are reasonable and the points are more valuable elsewhere.

I would love to hear about your experience at Orbit One when you return. We will be planning another trip before our US/IOA APs expire in June.

tarmand said:
I would love to hear about your experience at Orbit One when you return.
This will be our second stay there. We spent a week there last November ('04) and loved it. The unit is very big, clean and modern. The kitchen looked brand new. The place is very conveniently located and is closer to Animal Kingdom and MGM than half the Disney onsite hotels. We booked through SkyAuction. You just can't beat less than $40/nite for accomodations like that. You can see some photos at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/disneysteve
Happy to answer any questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter