Staying at POP after check out?

Ally&Alec's Mom

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if anyone has everyone hung out at their hotel after their check out time of 11am? I thought it would be nice to let the kids swim for a couple of hours before we head back home? We are driving so time of departure is not an issue. thanks for the issue. :rolleyes:

I persoanlly would probably not hang out at the pools. However, my children are DS11 and DD 10. We might swim for a little while and then go to DTD or something else. The pools are fine but nothing special, like slides. I guess it would depend on the kids ages and whether they get to swim alot.

It doesn't hurt to ask for a late check-out. I asked when we were there the first week of August and got it without any problems. Our late check out time was 1 p.m. we enjoyed Pop! It also doensn't hurt to ask for a specific building. I asked for the 50's and got that too!!

Yes, you may use the resorts facilities that day after you officially check out. I have never stayed at Pop so I don't know if they have shower/changing facilities near the pool (other than a regular bathroom).

we just did this back in July....on check-out day we went and had lunch at whispering canyon cafe at the Wilderness lodge, then came back to Pop Century and took the kids to the pool and the popjets water play area....afterwards, we used the locker room area near the pool bar to change and get ready for the trip to the airport

not a hasssle at all, and a nice way to soak in a little more "Disney" before heading home

On the day we checked out, we brought our suitcases to the storage area, hit MGM/DS to ride Rockin Roller Coaster (it had been down on our previous day there), finished a couple of things we wanted to see at Epcot, went to DTD to shop and eat, and then went back to POP to swim and wait for our airport transportation. We did have to change in the bathrooms in the lobby but that's ok. We threw out suits in plastic bags inside the outer pocket of our suitcase. Nothing got wet.

Can't comment about the POP, but just wanted to note that you are still a Disney guest until midnight of your last day. If time is not an issue you can do anything you want at WDW. You can ride the monorail or visit other resorts. If you have any days left on your theme park tickets go to your favorite park. We like to spend our last few hours on our favorite ride, TOT!.

I would like to point out a mistake I made last year and wanted to share with others so they wouldn't be embarrased like me!!!

I was packing up my room on my last day and mistakenly packed my Key to the World in with the rest of the stuff I had collected for my scrapbook...forgetting that I would need it to get into the parks! Luckily I remembered as we were waiting in line for the bus. But I had to go back into the luggage room to get my bag, go through everything to get my key...big pain!

Remember on the last day to keep your key with you!!!

I haven't done it at Pop, but we have hung around the pool and then showered and changed afterwards at POR, CSR and ASMu.

Thanks for asking this question. We have a late flight also so I think we'll ask if we can have a late checkout.

Although you'll no longer have a room after check out you still have access to your resort's public areas and admission to the parks & charging privilages on your ID key till midnight of your last day. Very often after checking out I'll drop my bags with Bell Services then I'll go to a park to ride my good luck I'll be back rides and restaurant for lunch then return to my resort. I'll shower in the changing room by the pool just before I need to meet my ride back to the airport.

Andrew_Lubow said:
...I'll shower in the changing room by the pool just before I need to meet my ride back to the airport.

We will be at AS Sp. Our flight leaves after 6p.m. Do they also have a changing room/area by the pools. I assume they do, but want to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!