Staying at OKW ...how to access HBO Sunday night?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I think I heard DVC guests get free WiFi in the rooms? I have HBO Go and will be bringing my laptop, but it is only a 15" laptop. It's doable, but it will be both my son and I watching. If I bring an HDMI cable, will I be able to hook up to the TV in the room?

My son spends tons of time streaming HD videos from YouTube. He said that OKW's wireless was fine. Both our daughter and her friend were also streaming Netflix videos.

Most Disney resort TVs have a breakout box that can be used to connect an external device. I don't recall whether OKW had one; we didn't watch any television for one week.

We have had mixed results streaming. IMO Disney didn't expect everyone using several devices per family on their WiFi and they don't intend to improve it since they don't want you in your room, they want you out spending money.

Can you DVR HBO at home as a backup?

:earsboy: Bill

DVRing isn't that helpful because it's superhard to go without getting spoiled unless you totally forgo the internet, social media and large groups of people.

I have connected by home non smart tv to my kindle fire via a mini USB to HDMI cable at home. Don't forget the episode won't be on HBO Go until after it airs live.

I guess they had enough complaints and changed to it to be the same as the live airing. Before you definitely had to wait for it to air before you could watch it.

Thanks for the correction.

Yeah, HBO Go was airing stuff approximately at air time several season of GoT ago (before the HBO Now product), but it could be flaky.

OP, your plan will most likely work.

The okw wifi seems to be 512mb for each connection. (or was for me in July) The TV's in OKW have a much older breakout box that can take analogue inputs only (no hdmi) so you'll need a VGA cable and a 3.5 jack plug to split audio cable. And a bit of luck too!

If it makes you feel any better, I will be at WDW during the finale episodes of Twin Peaks, and I won't be able to watch them until I get back three days later. It will be good motivation for me to keep off of social media to avoid spoilers! (And by the way it is not THAT hard to avoid spoilers - just stay off the internet! Easy to do when you're at WDW!)

UPDATE...we watched both Sundays episodes in the room with only minimal buffering. We brought an HDMI cable with my laptop and it worked fine. Sunday night the 20th we had approx 5 instances of frozen screen/buffering for a few seconds. And on Sunday the 27th, only one instance. We steamed Netflix and binged watched season one of American Horror Story all day Sunday while it poured outside with no buffering issues at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!