staying at Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe (or other offsite) vs Santa Fe

ryankski

Mouseketeer
I just booked tickets to fly to Paris on October 20th through thee 30th. We are looking to go to DLP from the 27 (check in) to the 30th (check out). We were supposed to go Sept 2020 and I at that time had booked Hotel Santa Fe (via French site). The price now is quite a bit higher and for 3 nights & 4 days of tickets it is $2,134.23 USD (US site) & French site is about $40 usd cheaper.

Before I booked, I looked at Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe which is a 7 minute RER ride from DLP. The cost for 3 nights with breakfast is is 531 euro (approx $615 usd) for a non refundable & 591 euro ($685 usd) for a refundable room. The price of tickets for 2 days with 2 parks at DLP (purchased from DLP) for the 3 of us is $617.11 usd. So booking a refundable room w/ breakfast and purchasing the tickets separately would save around $850 usd.

We really only plan on going to the parks for 2 days and if we stayed at Santa Fe may go for a couple hours on the 27th, but otherwise wouldn't really use the additional days tickets included with staying on property. Our plan is to go to Disney Village for a bit on the 27th and visiting the park that day isn't necessary.

I'm curious if anyone here has stayed at this hotel & their thoughts. Also is the breakfast decent or is it typical yogurt, cold cereal, etc.? Wondering on the breakfast as I can book a non-refundable with no breakfast for 477 euro (approx $553 usd) which is actually what i'm leaning towards and we can grab some pastries/snacks in the park.

Also if I book the tickets only through DLP and stay off site it says I will have to select the dates to use the tickets. Is there concern that the dates we want (28th & 29th) won't be available if we don't stay on property? It doesn't say how far in advance I can reserve those days, but could I purchase the tickets and the same day choose the dates. Assuming so. I went all the way to the "confirm & pay" step and I couldn't choose the date. So I'm assuming I have to purchase them and then log in later to select the dates. Is this correct? I did find this calendar (https://register.disneylandparis.com/availability-calendar/?segments=ticket,ap) and if I'm understanding it correctly both our days are available under park tickets. However, it looks like under "annual passholders" then the 29th isn't available. Am I understanding this correctly and our dates are available as we aren't annual passholders?

Looking for help as I want to book this in the next 12-24 hours. We are not concerned with staying on site and are mainly looking for one full day in each park and convenience getting from the hotel to the parks. Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe seems to check the box & save us $800+ dollars. Any help and insight you all have is greatly appreciated.

I have not stayed at the Hotel l'Elysee Val d'Europe, but $800 is a huge cost savings. The benefit of staying at the Sante Fe is the walking distance to the parks and being near Disney Village. If that isn't important to you (ie worth $800) then I might opt for the other hotel. My biggest surprise in staying at DLP was how very, very basic the rooms are (think an American motel). Enjoy your trip!

I have stayed at the Elysee and as a hotel it is superior to the Santa Fe. Haven’t had their breakfast but it always looked nice. Huge cost saving and so easy to get there on the train, plus in val d’Europe with far superior restaurants at half the price…no brainier for me!

I think you can only make reservations for the dates once you already have bought them. As for pricing, the "good" thing staying at DLP property is the close to the parks they are and you are a close walk (depending on the hotel). However, according to the planning and savings you mention, I would probably go to the Elysee.

I would stay at Elysee and buy dated tickets. If you buy undated tickets you have to make an additional reservation.
That's how I understand the website.

I would stay at Elysee and buy dated tickets. If you buy undated tickets you have to make an additional reservation.
That's how I understand the website.

I think the problem rises with the "multi-day" tickets, as they can't be dated when you buy them but they're cheaper than buying standalone dated tickets. However, I just checked on those dates and you'll only save 4 euros per ticket (however, depending on party size, it can turn into one day's meal, heheh).

yeah I was looking at the multiday tickets and I couldn't choose a date. That's what I was finding odd and/or confusing. It seems like you have to purchase them and then go back and then choose your date. seems like they could easily remove a step and hassle for people by giving them the option to choose a date at the time of booking.

We are currently staying at the Residhome Aparthotel, which is less than 100 metres walk from the rear entrance to the Val D’Europe RER station (e.g. one stop from Disney) and I can heartily recommend it.

We always usually stay on site and have typically picked the Disneyland Hotel for the convenience of being able to be back in our room within minutes of leaving the park, but obviously this is currently closed, so thought we’d try off-site for once.

Very happy with our choice - room has a mini kitchen including a fridge and a microwave, meaning we can do our own breakfasts (we stocked up at Val d’Europe Auchan) and by using the train I’d estimate we can get back to our room from the park faster than those walking to Newport Bay (maybe about even with New York Hotel guests). And for three nights at less than the cost of one at an on-site hotel, I’m well happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!