Staying At French Quarter

Jodi1980

<font color=FF00CC>Pixie Dust can even make a mood
I already staying at Port Orleans-Riverside and loved it. I liked the food court, lounge and being able to rent boats and bikes. If next time, I stay at FQ - will it be much different from POR? I would plan on taking the boat over to POR if I wanted to eat at a sit-down restaurant.

What building is closest to the food court? Can you rent boats there or have to go over to POR?

Oh, and non-smoking. Also how may bus stops do they have and where are they located?

You can only rent boats at POR.

We stayed in building 5. It is not the closest building to the food court, but none of the buildings are far as this is the most compact of Disney's moderate resorts. It is non-smoking and the closest to the pool.

There is only 1 bus stop at POFQ. It is out front and to the side a little. Once again, just a short walk from anywhere in the complex. I think it took us about 5 minutes to walk there. Have a great time.

The one bus stop at POFQ is a definitely advantage in busy times. The POR has 4 (maybe 5) bug stops.

POFQ gets picked up first and dropped off first (at least it used to) so you really never get bypassed by a full bus.. they just send in more. Also, at the end of the day when the buses are packed.. you get to get off first :)

The issue we had with POR and the busses is that if they get full at the earlier stops, they skips the others and you have to wait for the next one (I think we were closest to the 3 or 4th stop). We ended up hiking to the first stop every morning as we were waiting 1/2 hour or more for the buses because they kept getting full..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter