Staying at CSR....take the bus or should I drive

AndyFL

This is my tag....one day I'll be all big and my c
We're leaving in the morning for WDW and I booked the CSR. Actually have a couple of questions.

1. Any suggestions on what building I should get a room in?

2. Looking at the map it looks like it is very close to Epcot and HS. We plan on taking the bus to MK but when it comes to the other two would we save time by just driving or should we take the bus? I've never driven to the parks and am concerned about it being utterly confusing.

Andy, I am new to living here and can tell you that once on Disney property it is fairly easy to get around and the signage is easy to navigate. I think if I didn't like to drink at Epcot and DHS, I would drive everywhere. . .lol.

Andy, I am new to living here and can tell you that once on Disney property it is fairly easy to get around and the signage is easy to navigate. I think if I didn't like to drink at Epcot and DHS, I would drive everywhere. . .lol.

Thanks...back in '06 they were in the process of changing the signs and I got utterly lost and have been paranoid of attempting to navigate the area ever since. But back then I didn't have a GPS ;)

Personally I would take the busses. We go every year and we also rent a car and generally only use it to go to character meals and then to downtown disney and airport. But I totally think some of the signs are confusing and the streets are DARK. We stay alot at POFQ and its not bad over there because you are close to downtown disney and international drive. But when we atay at Contemporary forget it, I am confused, and generally I am good with directions. Whatever you do if you drive try to do it for the first time in daylight....

Good luck and have a GREAT time....:cool1:

I dont find the buses annoying for what they do. I fly into MCO and dont see myself renting a car for the foreseeable future. If I do have something to do that's weird for transportation I'll take a cab 1 or 2 times on my trip. Now if I go offsite one of these years, I dont know if I'll cab it, or just rent a car then. But for true WDW trips, I'll use the buses. If we drove probably 99% of the time, same deal... buses.

I dont find the buses annoying for what they do. I fly into MCO and dont see myself renting a car for the foreseeable future. If I do have something to do that's weird for transportation I'll take a cab 1 or 2 times on my trip. Now if I go offsite one of these years, I dont know if I'll cab it, or just rent a car then. But for true WDW trips, I'll use the buses. If we drove probably 99% of the time, same deal... buses.

Yeah I agree. The buses are efficient. There's no reason you'd ever need to rent a car if you plan to stay on the property the entire time. My family has stayed at CSR 3 times and the buses there always have very short waits, almost every time you would wait 10 minutes at the most.

We stayed at CSR for a week in June and drove EVERYWHERE! We have a daughter with special needs, and the buses are too difficult for us. I was a bit worried about driving in the beginning, but honestly it was so easy! We found we loved having our car everywhere and didn't get lost once. CSR is centrally located, and they give you a good map at check-in. The only place that it was kind of a pain was MK, but that was because you have to take the monorail or ferry from the parking lot. We will definitely drive again on our next trip!

We rarely drive when we stay at CSR - the buses are very efficient. We drove to Blizzard Beach during our last stay (didn't want to be on a freezing cold bus in wet bathing suits), and we drive to other resorts if we have an ADR there. If you choose to drive, it is very clearly marked. We did drive to DHS our last day in July because we were checking out and going to Poly for breakfast then to DHS.

As far as which building to be in, it depends what you want to be close to. If you want to be near El Centro (breakfast, coffee, check-in), Casitas 1 and 2 and Cabanas 9A and 9B are good choices. If you want to be near the main pool, Cabanas 8A and 8B and Ranchos 7B and 6B are good choices. If you want to be near the first bus stop picked up on the way to the parks (which is actually Bus Stop #2), you would want to be in the Casitas - 4 and 5 are very popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter