Staying at AKL do you have to have ADR’s to eat at the restaurants?

CamillaF

Mouseketeer
I am staying at AKL. I am trying to figure out if I have to book an ADR for Sanna or Boma. We are planning on having afternoon breaks and it would be best if we could just show up and wait 30 minutes or so and eat rather then planning out our whole day, is this possible?

When you arrive at AKL, check MDE for a walk up waitlist and join it if it’s there. If not and you’re there a little before the restaurant opens, maybe. Both are very popular, so be prepared to wait, and have a Plan B in case they turn you away. An ADR is really the best way to guarantee you’ll be seated.

I know with Sanaa you can get a lot of their menu items to go. I stayed at AKL last week and my sister was able to do mobile order there to get dinner. The Mara also has mobile order but IMO the food isn't really that great. If you want to sit in the restaurant I would recommend getting there right when it opens for lunch or dinner. I had an ADR at Sanaa and when I went to check in I saw a fairly long line of people signing up for the waitlist (you can also do it on the app if you're close enough to the restaurant). Boma I'm not too sure of but that restaurant has more tables than Sanaa so you'll have a better chance of getting in. I would also recommend going right when it opens for your best chance of getting a table.

Boma is only open for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast ends at 11 and dinner starts at 5. So if you're looking for lunch it would be early or pretty late

Yes, they are all very busy and you need reservations.
Boma does a great breakfast.
We enjoy Sanaa, but love Jiko. So happy to have it open again. Amazing meal there in April.

it would be best if we could just show up and wait 30 minutes or so and eat rather then planning out our whole day, is this possible?
since we often stay at AKVJ, I agree it Would indeed be lovely if onsite guests there would be able to get a leg up on same day reservations.

Nothing worse than walking into the lobby, smelling the food & kicking yourself for not having made an ADR.;)

I’m sure the guests at many of the other onsite resorts with good restaurants have the same experience now & again lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter