stayed at CSR after losing power

mamalle

DIS Veteran
we are one of the millions of people in in fla that were impacted by hurricane Frances. we had alot of damage to our home and lost power on saturday of last week. I worked thru the hurricane while dh stayed home with our kids. On tuesday the heat was unbearable and we decided to get a hotel since they were telling us there maybe no phones or power until the 17th of sept. I remembered disney had fla rates so I took a chance and called. they did and the kids and I drove up. dh had to stay home and work. We had a wonderful time at the CSR- the place was beautiful, clean and so refreshing. The dig site is always a favorite of my kids and the pepper market- it was just wonderful to have a nice warm meal.Thumbs up in my book! you never realize until you are without your basic needs. The resort was only operating at 20% occupancy. we were upgraded to a garden view in Casita 1. The magic kingdom was empty and the kids got to get right on all the rides and were so happy. I even was able to make two of our favorite PS and even got a reservation at cindy's castle for breakfast, we ended up not taking it though. The kids got alot of interaction at the meals and throughout the park with the characters and my daughter was in heaven. I met so many people from fla doing the same thing as we were. The grounds all looked nice and I only noticed some damage done by trees on a ride over to downtown disney around the saratogo springs resort. everyone was doing a great job there and I cant thank them enough.

Just had to add I bought a new mug from the CSR and there was nothing stamped on the mug about using it during your visit only.

That must be one of the pluses to living in Florida!! I can't imagine, that because of a need to end up at a hotel I'd end up at Disneyworld!! Glad you made the best of it and I'm sure your kids didn't mind!!

yes- its one of the perks of living in south fla. the rates are so much cheeper than the hotel that I was planning on staying locally. with our passes,etc it was a no brainer. definitely a place to take your mind off of things esp after a hurricane.

thanks for being kind and posting a reply to my post.

Last week, we ran into lots of friendly people from Florida doing the same thing. Their homes weren't damaged, but with no school, power and phone, they thought they'd go to Disney and spend time with their family. It was a great time to be in the uncrowded parks with everyone feeling relieved and grateful. Thanks for the report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter