Stay Awake: Various Interpretations of Music from Vintage Disney Films

Mosca

Mouseketeer
Stay Awake

I got this when it came out, it must be over 20 years ago. To this day, it remains one of my most cherished albums, one that I can listen to any time. I can't believe that in a search of this forum, it hasn't been discussed! It has to have been, at sometime.

If you heard it, if you know it... my favorite track is without a doubt Bonnie Raitt doing "Baby Mine", but that's because I used to sing and play it for my daughter when she was born (my eyes are getting misty just writing that). But everything on it just knocks me out. Garth Hudson's "Feed the Birds". David Johansen (as Buster Poindexter) singing "Castles in Spain". Syd Straw's "Blue Shadows on the Trail". Killer.

Anyone?

I like Ringo Starr's "When You Wish Upon A Star" and James Taylor's "Second Star to the Right". Some pretty freaky stuff on that cd.:earsboy:

I like Ringo Starr's "When You Wish Upon A Star" and James Taylor's "Second Star to the Right". Some pretty freaky stuff on that cd.:earsboy:

Everyone mentions Tom Waits' "Heigh Ho" as the ultimate strange track, but I'd have to say that Sun Ra and his Arkestra doing "Pink Elephants on Parade" is right up there. On the one hand, it is an almost note-perfect cover; on the other hand, it somehow winds up being even more demented than the original.

The original Pink Elephants from the movie was bizarre enough. That sequence in the movie gives me the willies:scared1: Still love the movie though:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter