Stateroom Door Dimensions

jghra

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the dimensions of the stateroom doors??
Better yet the diameter of the porthole that contains the stateroom number??

We are planning our design for the Dec 2005 cruise (yes I talked the girls into the earlier cruise)!!! We are going to incorporate the porthole in our design, but need to know how big to cut out the hole so that the number will still show up. This cruise is a year away and I have other family members helping me with the planning and these designs. It's no fun being addicted by yourself ;)

Thanks to anyone and everyone that can help me on this one!!
You are all great. :grouphug:

Thank you. I will try to figure out diameter this way.
I can't wait to post my own Cruise door photo!!!

Don't know the door size, but which cruise are you going on? We are doing the Eastern on Dec10th. If that is yours come on over to our cruise meet. :wave:

We are planning on the Wonder Dec 8th.
I haven't made reservations yet - waiting for others to commit, but thanks for the invite. I am looking forward to meeting people from the boards before and during the cruise!!

About a week ago there was a thread where that very same question was asked of some fellow cruisers who were actually onboard, answering questions.
One cruiser went, with ruler in hand, and measured the stateroom door. I copied the dimensions down for my own decorating purposes and would be glad to share them with you:

27 Inches wide
6 1/2 Feet high
3 Inches Deep

Happy decorating!!

:boat:

You are all GREAT!!!!

I will watch out for that shrinking door - thanks for the warning :earboy2:

NZ KIWI said:
About a week ago there was a thread where that very same question was asked of some fellow cruisers who were actually onboard, answering questions.
One cruiser went, with ruler in hand, and measured the stateroom door. I copied the dimensions down for my own decorating purposes and would be glad to share them with you:

27 Inches wide
6 1/2 Feet high
3 Inches Deep

Happy decorating!!

:boat:

Anyone have dimensions for a handicapped accessible room door?

NZ KIWI said:

I'd double check those measurements with another on-board cruiser. From what I heard the one you're talking about was about 3 sheets to the wind when she took those measurements. She posted about going to Epcot after the cruise and not even making it through dinner. She spent the whole next day in her room trying to recuperate...Mark

mark & sandra said:
I'd double check those measurements with another on-board cruiser. From what I heard the one you're talking about was about 3 sheets to the wind when she took those measurements. She posted about going to Epcot after the cruise and not even making it through dinner. She spent the whole next day in her room trying to recuperate...Mark

Don't listen to him...Get outta here Mark...You are being a pest....LOL!!

I was the one with the ruler in my hand when i was on the Wonder a little over a week ago..I can assure you those measurments were accurate and was glad to be of help to anyone. I only am sorry i didn't do the handicapped doors. Didn't think to do those. :guilty:

(btw, Mark is another cruiser that i am cruising with on the Repo cruise...I am beginning to get to know him quite well!!) :rolleyes:

It must be only slightly smaller than a regular door. We purchased one of those plastic door covers with a 'Spiderman' theme to surprise our son (it was his 16th birthday). You know, the kind you buy at the party store along with blowers, cups, napkins, goodie bags, etc... We actually used our mickey door magnets to attach it to Spiderman to the door. He was sufficiently embarassed! The door cover fit pretty well as I recall.

Some where around the DIS is a very detailed measurement of the door includeing the room number hole. I wonder if it is in that very long Magnetic door sign thread...

I will poke around and see if I can come up with it.

Here you go...

All measurements are inches.
The door is 28.75 x 77.75.
13.5 down from the top is a circular door marker that you ought to make allowances for...it has a 7.5 diameter.
The door assembly is 35.25 down from the top and is 9.5 tall. It extends from the edge 4.5.

Your the best Bette~!!! THanks!

LOL about the first measurer being loaded... Is the Door really 3 inches deep (which I take to mean 3 inches THICK)

You can see pics in that giant "magnetic door sign" thread.

It was so cute!!!

Susy

Do you happen to know what page of the GIANT magnetic door sign thread your mickey is on? I'd love to see it, but I don't know if I'll have the chance to sift through all 90 pages!

Don't worry about it if you don't know :)

disneyfanatic3166 said:
Do you happen to know what page of the GIANT magnetic door sign thread your mickey is on? I'd love to see it, but I don't know if I'll have the chance to sift through all 90 pages!

Don't worry about it if you don't know :)

I just posted information about Mickey ears on the Magnetic Door sign thread...here is the link just in case you can't find it: Link to page with Mickey Ears in Magnetic Door Thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter