stateroom dilemma

daltonsdodisney

Mouseketeer
I booked my parents and my own family at the same time with DU, under the same password. They said they would put us in the same dining rotation and table. I noticed that they had an assigned stateroom and we had a guaranteed room. I didn't think much of it, until I found out the cruise was fully booked (May 26) I began to worry that we wouldn't be together. (it would be nice to have them close for the kids, etc...) so I e-mailed DU and asked. They told me that all Cat.11 rooms are booked and I might get an upgrade. Not sure if it's worth being far from parents.(husband might think otherwise;) Anyway, I'm an obsessive planner. When should I expect to know just where we we'll be? Anyone not know their room number/cat. until embarking? What kind of upgrade is possible?

We booked a Cat 10 guarantee for a last minute trip last June. I booked maybe 3 weeks in advance and shortly before our trip (maybe a week or so), I checked the DCL website and a cabin had been assigned to us -- it was a catoegory 5. Great deal for us! The good news about the ship is that nothing is that far away -- the ship is just not that big, so I wouldn't sweat it too much if you wind up somewhere other than next door to your parents.

Have a great trip! :)

Can I check my stateroom location on the Disney site somewhere, although I booked with Dreams Unlimited? Who actually places you? I'd just like to know where we're going to be before we get there. :)

I could sure be wrong but I believe you can check your room regardless of where you booked. As long as you have a DCL confirmation number, you just need to go to the site (www.disneycruise.com) and go through "make a reservation or get a quote" link. Once there, select "check my reservation". Enter the confirmation number and you telephone number and you should see the detail.

Good luck...

candleonwater - Sorry, I thought that you could. I bet that DU would be able to for you. Since this does matter to you, I would press them to get you the answers that you need. I have never used them but from reading all of the posts out here, people always say that they are great and willing to help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter