Stateroom 2002 - Will we be sorry?

kath1210

DIS Veteran
If you have stayed in stateroom 2002 (or nearby) on the Magic or Wonder, how was your stay? I have read one good review and one terrible one. Please help me decide if we have made a terrible mistake.

TIA!

We were just in room 2008 on our recent cruise and we loved it. It was so much quieter than our stateroom at the aft of the boat on our previous cruise. The movement of the boat was somewhat more noticeable being so far forward, but not enough to be a problem at all and we had one really rough night. I think you will like it. We would definitely book a room in that area again. Have fun!

We stayed in cabin 2004. We loved it. We had heard that it was considered a "noisy" cabin, but did not notice any noise that was out of the ordinary. I would stay in 2004 again anytime. I'm sure you'll love 2002..
Have a great time!

Thank you for the good reports! I was getting "seasick" just worrying about this stateroom! :rotfl:

Since we are cruising at the end of August, in prime hurricane season, I think I'll still be on the lookout for cancellation of a room located more mid-ship, but at least I feel better knowing we should be OK if we stay in 2002.

:disrocks:

I was supose to be in this room in September on the Wonder. I got a lot of good reviews on this room and was looking forward to this room. I was touched with some Disney Magic and got upgraded to a category 6, so maybe you will get the same pixie dust as I received.

We spent 14 days in 2002 on the repo cruise last August and it was our favorite of the cabins we've had on DCL. Noise in the corridor (one of my pet peeves) was nearly non-existant. The cabin is a little bigger than the same category mid-ship because it is in the curve of the bow. We had mechanical noise for only a few moments when docking. We definitely felt the effects of Hurricane Hillary (15' seas) for several hours (can you say "thrill ride"?), but the rest of the trip was smooth. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter