Statement from WDW re: child's age upon arrival

GADISNEYGIRL

<font color=red>Maelstromer!<br><font color=purple
I contacted WDW as to whether I would need to purchase a one day pass on my son's 3rd birthday. (That will be our last day in the parks.) Here is the response I received. I hope this will help someone else!

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We appreciate your interest in ticket media for the Walt Disney World® Resort. You will be happy to
learn that our theme park ticket pricing for children begins once a child reaches the age of three.
We do not charge admission for children under this designated age.

We will honor the childrens ages as indicated on your resort reservation on the day of arrival.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all
correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Sasha Scheremetow

WDW Online Communications

That's nice to know, I'd heard it before, but it's always better to hear it straight from the source!

We're debating a trip right around the time my youngest ds turns 3, so this would be perfect!

Thanks so much for posting an "official" response!

Glad to know it and can keep that in mind for my current 22 month old :)

That is really nice that Disney is allowing you to celebrate you child's third birthday there, without making you go through the trouble to buy a single ticket for that day.

Kudos to Disney!

When we do our next trip, our daughter will be 3.5, so no more free admission for us. :(

Our last day of vacation was also my son's 3rd birthday.

Something to think about...not only is admission free for 2 yr olds but I wasn't charged for his meal at the Garden Grill (Epcot) or Crystal Palace. I am assuming that means the all you can eat places are free for the young ones.

Yes, under 3 is free at buffet and "family-style" restaurants unless you order something off the menu for your child... or that's how I read Disney's "fine print". DD and I have 4 character meals on our schedule for our first WDW trip. That's a lot but much more reasonably priced option when I realize she's free at those but I'd have to pay for her to eat at a counter service or other "menu" restaurant.

Does anyone know how this works at restaurants where they offer an "all you care to eat" meal but also have other menu items that can be ordered? For example, the WCC has an "all you can eat" breakfast skillet but also regular menu items. If I were to order the skillet meal, would DD also be able to eat from it for free?

That's a good question Lisa--I don't see why she wouldn't be free on the all you can eat breakfast even if they do have a menu to order from.

When our daughter was under the age of 3--we tried as much as possible not to order for her even in a menu'd restaurant b/c she wouldn't eat enough to justify the cost--hubby and I would just order 2 different meals and then that would give her a choice when picking off of our plates (okay, not literally picking off of our plates). I just don't feel obligated to buy my child her own meal when they are small. Now if it's a happymeal (not necessarily McD's)--then that's a different story.

So Lisa--I would think that she can just share with you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter