Starting ALL OVER

LWatson

I Still Do!!!!
Okay so in Oct. 2008 I started a weight loss program. By Oct 2009 I had lost 40lbs (actually it was by Aug, but I hit a plateau and didnt progress). BUT, since Oct 2009 I have gained back 30 lbs of that. We had our Disney trip, thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays, new years, moving and living in transit for a month, and then finally moving in and getting settled. I realized when I stepped on the scale again that my butt needed to get in gear again.

SO, today starts day 1 of my butt kicking again. Instead this time I'm going to add strength training to it instead of just all cardio to drop it. Here is what I have planned so far....
~Wake up early and go for a walk w/ the kids to get me "AWAKE"
~Then when DS2 is down for a nap do my work out DVD for 20min
~Then when DS2 is in bed for the night leave DS1 w/ hubby and go work on the elliptical or bike for 20-60min.
Also I'm going to be rechanging the way I eat....AGAIN. My doc has suggested that I add a b-12 vitamin since my work up was low or something.

Once we are done w/ our disney vacation we are going to buy into a gym membership here on post w/ free childcare so I can take my 2 kids there and work out w/o worrying what to do w/ them.

Great job for starting again!!

You didn't ask for advice, but I have a question. Are you planning on starting this all at the same time? It might be easier on you to add one thing a week, so you are not so hard on yourself.

But anyway good for you! :woohoo:

Oh i started the walking a few weeks ago, along w/ the night time work out. I've started adding the 20min dvd today.

It sounds like you have an excellent plan in place! Good luck with the execution! You can do it!.................P

Great job, Lillian! Feel free to join one of the many threads here--they are wonderful support.

Sounds like a great plan. Glad to see you are adding them in slowly. Its hard to do it all at once. It can make it frustrating and cause you to stop. None of us want to be starting over, again.

I'm on a similar path. I lost 40 lbs in 2009 by about the same month only I wasn't really doing anything. I started a really highly active job and lost 15 lbs in the first 2 months after end of Feb when I started there. The rest was stress etc. causing lack of appetite. I've gained back close to 30 of it about 25 according to my last weigh in at Dr.'s appt. since my scale broke I can't really weigh in anymore to easily.

So, I have only done 4 days of the dvd so far (today will be day 5 when I do it in about an hour), and I'm already feeling a diff. I'm super sore...LOL. But really, I feel more energetic after the dvd than I have in anything else (other than high school sports). I havent been able to do evening work outs as much as I had hoped because we took over as coaches for my son's t-ball team, but I have been keeping up w/ the walking. Its nice to get up in the morning and go for a walk. Today we are headed to the zoo in Nashville for some fun and exercise (and disney prep, but the kids dont know it).

Isn't it amazing how we feel so little energy until after a workout? I know for me I always feel very energetic and better after one but actually getting myself motivated is tough. :confused3 I feel to tired to do it but yet logically I know I'd feel better if I did. :guilty:

Way to go! I paid in on a zoo membership this year and its only 10 minutes away from me so I really should start doing some walking there. Of course I'll be getting back to work soon, I hope, so it won't be easy on weekdays at that time. But seems like a good weekend exercise plus family fun.

Okay so Day 8 was yesterday, so I weighed myself (I figured i would do it every monday). I only Lost 1lb, but I put on some pants yesterday that I couldnt get on early last week...I couldnt even come close to closing them last week, and yesterday they fit w/o even a muffin top. So, I think I deff lost inches.

Yep that is how it goes sometimes. When we gain muscles(when we do lots of exercise like you) we may not lose many lbs or none yet inches can be lost. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter