Starring Rolls Sandwiches on the DDP?

gemmybear83

<font color=royalblue>I would blame it all on Bob<
I know the cakes and cookies are snack credits on the DDP but what about the sandwiches? Thanks in advance!:)

You can get a sandwich and use a counter service credit. You also get a drink, dessert and a bag of chips! :)

You can get a sandwich and use a counter service credit. You also get a drink, dessert and a bag of chips! :)

Brilliant thanks for the quick response! These looks yummy will be going to get goodies for Fantasmic!:goodvibes

Brilliant thanks for the quick response! These looks yummy will be going to get goodies for Fantasmic!:goodvibes

Sorry to say this probably won't work for Fantasmic...Starring Rolls only does the sandwiches for lunch... when the sandwiches are gone for the day, that's it, no more meals served, just the bakery items. The sandwiches are generally all gone by 2:00. Even the bakery goodies start getting scarce after lunch. Don't think the place is even open in the evening.

And a bag of chips?!? That's great. I know most places won't let you get a side if it's not part of a combo meal. Last I looked, the online menus didn't list that the sandwiches had chips included. And what about the desserts? What kind of options are there? I'm really looking forward to try this place :)

TIA

They have the most huge and delicious chocolate peanut butter cupcake. It is heavy and dense and has this peanutbuttery/chocolately cream both inside and on top and then it is covered with chocolate shavings. I had one 2 days in a row and couldn't finish it either time. There is lots of other choices, too. Cookies, rice krispie treats, other cupcake flavors, tarts, key lime breeze....and they all looked yummy, but I just had to have another one of those cupcakes! They are $3.99 each and can be either a snack or your desert. I had both the ham and turkey sandwiches, and I personally preferred the turkey. The ham had a very spicy mustard that was just a little too much for me! YUM!

They have the most huge and delicious chocolate peanut butter cupcake. It is heavy and dense and has this peanutbuttery/chocolately cream both inside and on top and then it is covered with chocolate shavings. I had one 2 days in a row and couldn't finish it either time. There is lots of other choices, too. Cookies, rice krispie treats, other cupcake flavors, tarts, key lime breeze....and they all looked yummy, but I just had to have another one of those cupcakes! They are $3.99 each and can be either a snack or your desert. I had both the ham and turkey sandwiches, and I personally preferred the turkey. The ham had a very spicy mustard that was just a little too much for me! YUM!

Wow, that cupcake sounds delish! We are also cruising on the Magic and one of the restaurants had a chocolate peanut butter pie that they removed from the menu and DD was so disappointed. Hopefully the cupcake will make up for it! Plus, since it sounds so big, we can probably share. I doubt she'll want to order CS from Starring Rolls but I definitely will. I can get that cupcake and we can share it!

I think I'll go for the Turkey sandwich too. What kind of spread was on it? I can't stand mustard so I'll have to pass on the ham one (unless they make them to order and it doesn't sound like they do). . And what about veggies? I can remove the tomato and be okay but if it comes with onions, that's one of the things that you can never totally remove.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just really excited about trying this place!

Wow, that cupcake sounds delish! We are also cruising on the Magic and one of the restaurants had a chocolate peanut butter pie that they removed from the menu and DD was so disappointed. Hopefully the cupcake will make up for it! Plus, since it sounds so big, we can probably share. I doubt she'll want to order CS from Starring Rolls but I definitely will. I can get that cupcake and we can share it!

I think I'll go for the Turkey sandwich too. What kind of spread was on it? I can't stand mustard so I'll have to pass on the ham one (unless they make them to order and it doesn't sound like they do). . And what about veggies? I can remove the tomato and be okay but if it comes with onions, that's one of the things that you can never totally remove.

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just really excited about trying this place!

the sandwiches are all 100% premade (I believe the Brown Derby kitchen prepares them) All they do at Starring Rolls is serve them, that 's why once the prepared supply is gone for the day, they quit serving lunch. There's no special orders there because they do not actually have a kitchen, just coolers the premade sandwiches are kept in.

Don't remember what the sauce is on either turkey or ham, but they both had some sort of dressing on them. We like mustard so that wouldn't have made any negative impression on my memory. I might remember wrong, but seems like the ham had some sort of honey mustard; thinking the turkey had sort of a creamy italian type dressing (but that could be totally wrong...I just had one of those in May but just didn't pay that much attention to it.)

Do they have kid-friendly sandwiches here too, e.g. something without sauce? My daughter will eat a ham sandwich, but nothing with mustard, so that one is out for her. She's not big on sauces on her sandwich.

the sandwiches are all 100% premade (I believe the Brown Derby kitchen prepares them) All they do at Starring Rolls is serve them, that 's why once the prepared supply is gone for the day, they quit serving lunch. There's no special orders there because they do not actually have a kitchen, just coolers the premade sandwiches are kept in.

Don't remember what the sauce is on either turkey or ham, but they both had some sort of dressing on them. We like mustard so that wouldn't have made any negative impression on my memory. I might remember wrong, but seems like the ham had some sort of honey mustard; thinking the turkey had sort of a creamy italian type dressing (but that could be totally wrong...I just had one of those in May but just didn't pay that much attention to it.)

Thanks! The only spread/dressing I really can't tolerate is mustard so as long as it's something different, I should be find :goodvibes

Do they have kid-friendly sandwiches here too, e.g. something without sauce? My daughter will eat a ham sandwich, but nothing with mustard, so that one is out for her. She's not big on sauces on her sandwich.

Sorry, no other sandwiches, unless they had peanut butter & jelly lunchables behind the counter somewhere (which they might - seems like every Disney restaurant has those availbable.) They had the ham version, the turkey version and there is supposed to be of vegan sandwich too, but 2 out of 3 times we have gone at 12:30 and the vegan sandwich was gone all ready. The sandwiches are totally prepared in advance-they do not make them at Starring Rolls, so there is no custom orders, no leaving-off-the-sauce. It's take what they have, or not.

Yep, the ham definitely had a spicy mustard, but I think it was a brown mustard, not the lovely yellow stuff. Neither sandwich had any onions. Can't stand those things and can spot them a mile away! The turkey did have a dressing, but it was more Italian-y than mayo-y. Does that make any sense? You also get a bag of chips. The chips were all flavored if I remember right. All I can remember right now is salt & vinegar and BBQ. I got the BBQ, but only had one chip because the kids claimed them. I'm getting all drooly just remembering those sandwiches!

We just did this yesterday and actually got the ham sandwiches, chips, and cupcakes and got them packaged to go and took them to the airport with us since we'd just eaten an early lunch at 50's! We got the ham and it definitely had a mustard based (dijon type) sauce on it. I ended up taking the two sandwiches and giving DS the tops off both of them (and the top half of the ham) and taking the bottoms since he doesn't like mustard. We got the salt and vinegar chips, but they also had a basic sea salt chip, which I think would just taste like a salted potato chip. Incidentally, we were there around 1:00 and they still had all the sandwiches left.

The menu on allearsnet lists PBJ for kids. Does anyone know if the kid's meals include a regular sized dessert? Or do they just have a cookie like a lot of the kid's meals? TIA! :goodvibes

I was just there yesterday and for a CS credit, this is quite a deal! I got the turkey sandwich, which was Huge. There had to be 1/4-1/2lb of turkey on it. In addition to turkey, it had thin slices of yellow & red pepper and a garlic mayo spread on the bottom slice of bread. I just grabbed a fork and ate the turkey as the sandwich was too big to fit in my mouth!

In addition to the sandwich, for a CS credit you get either chips or fresh fruit (apple or banana) and any one of the bakery items (muffins, cookies, danish, chocolate croissant, or a bagel. There were a variety of chips, from plan to sea salt & vinegar to BBQ. I saved my chips for a snack later in the day and got a blueberry muffin for the next days breakfast. Quite a value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter