Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker discussion thread (*** now contains spoilers ***)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly on topic. :thumbsup2

Was wondering if that is even possible as well. Has to be shelved and ready by now. So I assume no.
According to recent interviews they were still tweaking things with the movie. That’s not uncommon though.

According to recent interviews they were still tweaking things with the movie. That’s not uncommon though.
My guess is the amount of reshoots has been overstated by some, but that they have probably done a lot of in house test screenings on different things with this movie that tested different endings. I don't think Disney ever uses public test screenings for films like Rise, but gets what it believes to be a diverse audience of employees across all of their divisions to try to limit stuff getting out.

I think Iger feels a legacy need for this movie to please as many people as possible. That is why I think there were some major reshoots that finished probably back in September. I think everything since then has been tweeks and editing to get the movie that Iger is most comfortable with.

Meant to ask, the horses and riders (with no masks) running on the death star (name one thing I never thought I would type), is one sitting on a planet correct?

Or is there now oxygen in space going forward, other than Leia Poppins I mean.

Meant to ask, the horses and riders (with no masks) running on the death star (name one thing I never thought I would type), is one sitting on a planet correct?

Or is there now oxygen in space going forward, other than Leia Poppins I mean.

They are in the atmophere

I'm wondering why they CGI'd out the cigarette that Harrison was holding in his right hand in that shot where he, Mark and Carrie are walking through the Death Star Set.

Well, I mean, I know why, they don't want kids seeing that Han Solo smoked, but that scene was shown intact in the original airing of "The Making of Star Wars" on TV in the fall of 1977 and nobody that I know of started smoking because of it.

I'm wondering why they CGI'd out the cigarette that Harrison was holding in his right hand in that shot where he, Mark and Carrie are walking through the Death Star Set.

Well, I mean, I know why, they don't want kids seeing that Han Solo smoked, but that scene was shown intact in the original airing of "The Making of Star Wars" on TV in the fall of 1977 and nobody that I know of started smoking because of it.

is the original available on Disney+? I know they are putting up that warning before shows that feature smoking so perhaps they wanted to avoid having to put up a warning/keeping things consistent?

Though makes me wonder why not just leave that clip out if so concerned, it was in for like a split second

My advice to you would be to stop doing that.

I can't quite read what account this links to, but there are minority groups out there who are very vocal that only want to see this movie fail and they don't know anything other than how to complain and spread misinformation.

So much for keeping things on topic.

NEWS

Exclusive new clip from Rise of Skywalker shared on Good Morning America today

FYI - in the clip JJ says taht the movie is "done" - as of yesterday, but it is done ... I know there has been some chatter about reshoots and poor testing, etc. ... well, whatever it will be, it will be at this point

I'm really, REALLY, getting sick of this "final chapter" garbage. Star Wars is, was and always will be a serial homage - The "Episodes" don't refer to it as part of the "skywalker story" (no matter how much JJ wants to retcon this) - they were always intended as a serial of ONE story like Flash Gordon or Doctor Who. I fear that they'll stop the entire episodic story line and just throw out movies in the "star wars" universe as they attempt to "Marvel-ize" it.
Taking bets now on how long before New Line Cinema decides to reboot Lord of The Rings with JJ Abrams at the helm - Sauron's back baby! Mr. Frodo, Mr. Frodo, my wife and I found the box that contains the one ring box.

So is Lin Manuel Miranda in Skywalker? He is in the video posted above and looks like he has a Resistance uniform.

according to a Yahoo article, in regards to he and Ed Sheran: "But a representative for Disney cautioned that neither Miranda or Sheeran is confirmed to appear in the new film and noted the footage is from “fan events over the years.” "

according to a Yahoo article, in regards to he and Ed Sheran: "But a representative for Disney cautioned that neither Miranda or Sheeran is confirmed to appear in the new film and noted the footage is from “fan events over the years.” "

Uh yeah, right Disney rep. Fan events over the years? Isn't he standing next to the new actress Naomi Ackie? Or is that not her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter