• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars, Super Soap, MNSSHP, MVMCP OH MY! The 2005 dates are all out

Boo! Don't be afraid. The screams you hear are squeals of delight, not fright. Disney fantasy and Halloween fun come together on selected October nights for a one-of-a-kind celebration. Seize this rare opportunity to visit the Magic Kingdom in costume, and trick-or-treat for candy and goodies with your favorite Disney characters, all in their finest Halloween outfits. With special music, parades and fireworks, this is no trick — it's a real treat.

Dates: 2005 dates to be announced

Additional Information
Admission to this event requires a separate ticket.
* Entertainment and celebrity appearances are subject to change without notice.
To purchase tickets call (407)-W-DISNEY.†

Taken straight from Disney.com

G00fyDad said:
Is it a problem that we are in 2005 and these dates seem to be for 2004?

They look like 2005 dates. MVMCP is usually Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and these dates follow that pattern.

2005 SCHEDULE

November 27, 29

December 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20

I was scared for a bit there. :scared1: I thought the dates were selling out fast. Glad they havent released them for this year yet.

NancyIL said:
The dates for the Flower and Garden Festival weekend activities are incorrect. The Festival begins on Friday, which is April 15th, not 16th.

Thanks Nancy. That will get taken care of. That was one of the few that had been known earlier.

We do keep some 2004 dates there for reference and so that you can review the activities scheduled that year. Until the 2005 details are known, at least you can get an idea of what to expect. :D

The pattern isnt what I meant.

#1. There is 2004 all over the page. Not 2005.
#2. October 17th, 2005 is Monday. That list has it as Sunday.
#3. Disney hasn't shown the dates on their site yet. It still says to be announced.

I agree we can use it as a rough guideline but with all that Disney is doing this year I wouldn't set it to stone just yet.

Nancy, at first I was going :confused: because we had 4/15 as the date that the Flower and Garden festival begins. Then I spotted what you saw, but there was a disclaimer that it was the information from last year. It was made more prominent. :D

GoofyDad, we also made it clearer where the 2004 schedule of events are there for a point of reference. I hope that this helps. Most of the time, the events are similar so visitors who never experienced them can get a fair idea of what to expect. While the dates are out, not too many details are known.

FYI, these dates were released by Disney. I don't know when they'll update the site, but that is the source. :D

singleLiz1005 said:
I can't wait to tell my DS12 that the Star Wars events are ending the weekend we arrive. Has anyone ever been to this event? Since we are arriving that Friday night should we do MGM Sat or Sun? Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is our first trip EVER to the "World" and to have it hit the same weekend as Star Wars......BONUS :cool1:
We happened upon the Star Wars weekend last year, went on Saturday of final weekend and had a pretty good time. My friend that went with us is a big SW fan and she split off from us and spent most of the day doing the shows and events, she had a great time. One of my favorite pictures is of 'Darth Maul' snarling at my DD.

singleLiz1005 said:
I can't wait to tell my DS12 that the Star Wars events are ending the weekend we arrive. Has anyone ever been to this event? Since we are arriving that Friday night should we do MGM Sat or Sun? Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is our first trip EVER to the "World" and to have it hit the same weekend as Star Wars......BONUS :cool1:

My DS13 loved this last year and we will arrive on the 10th for it again. He is very excited. We are planning on going on Sat in case he wants to do more on Sunday. The special parade they did last year at 11:00 was neat. There are characters all over the park and he really liked the Stormtroopers on top of the entrances to MGM and the music playing.

If you are going to have a sit down meal be sure to do a ps. Sci Fi had no walk-ins that day when we were there on Sunday last year.

ChesireSue said:
We happened upon the Star Wars weekend last year, went on Saturday of final weekend and had a pretty good time. My friend that went with us is a big SW fan and she split off from us and spent most of the day doing the shows and events, she had a great time. One of my favorite pictures is of 'Darth Maul' snarling at my DD.

Darth Maul did the same to my DD. It is a great pictures.

This is great news. We will be at WDW on May 17-22. We are going to the midnight showing of Star Wars at the AMC Pleasure Island and will be at MGM on Friday morning and Saturday night for the first Star Wars weekend. My daughter wanted so badly to go to Star Wars weekend that coincided with the opening of Episode 3. (We had been to one previously.) Since she has grown she has become an Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christiansen) fan. 4 months to go and we can hardly wait. :jumping4: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

Thanks so much for the news.I'm happy to report that we've booked the right weekend for our trip to Florida,and we will indeed be able to spend the weekend at MGM for the Super Soap weekend,a first for me!
Thanks again for the tip,can't wait to get there!
Kirsten in snowy Nova Scotia :earseek:

I know the tickets aren't on sale yet, but how do you purchase them in advance? Do they mail the tickets to you or do you have to pick them up when you arrive? Sorry for the questions, but I'm excited because, based on last year's dates, I thought we would miss the party. We will arrive on the 18th, so we can either go that day or the 20th!

The tickets are mailed to you when you pre-order. I would imagine that you can also do a "will call". I've never done this for event tickets but I have for park tickets. I was given an order number, brought that to a Guest Services location at a park and got the tickets. :D

WebmasterRegina said:
FYI, these dates were released by Disney. I don't know when they'll update the site, but that is the source. :D
You're positive WebmasterRegina? Because I haven't been able to confirm this with Disney. I was told dates have not been released and not to expect them for months.

Oh, it's the MNSSHP dates I was interested in! TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter