Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, now you say that, as part of the package you get a days entry into Galaxy's Edge.

As part of that, your allowed to go in your costume that Disney supplied to keep it looking authentic and at the same time, makes it feel like a living breathing planet to the regular day guests.

I don't mind the cost, because I can only see myself more doing it once.

As with this and Galaxy's Edge, my only worry is how stupidly busy it's going to be for a few years. Toy Story and the new Mickey ride isn't going to make any difference.

Omg, now you say that, as part of the package you get a days entry into Galaxy's Edge.

As part of that, your allowed to go in your costume that Disney supplied to keep it looking authentic and at the same time, makes it feel like a living breathing planet to the regular day guests.

As with this and Galaxy's Edge, my only worry is how stupidly busy it's going to be for a few years. Toy Story and the new Mickey ride isn't going to make any difference.
I predict a 500 minute wait for the first order ride. Calling it now

I wonder if resort guests will receive a FP for both rides, and whether that would be anytime or scheduled. Will they be free roam or will it be story driven? So many questions!

On a scale of 1-10, 1-hates Star Wars to 10- dresses up as a SW character at conventions & lives on SW forums, I'm probably about a 7 as a fan. I can see the wife & I doing this once, but not again. As long as it's not stupid expensive. It seems like a fun thing to do, but I can't imagine spending more than one day in SW section of the park.

On a scale of 1-10, 1-hates Star Wars to 10- dresses up as a SW character at conventions & lives on SW forums, I'm probably about a 7 as a fan. I can see the wife & I doing this once, but not again. As long as it's not stupid expensive. It seems like a fun thing to do, but I can't imagine spending more than one day in SW section of the park.

Which is all you would get with the resort. Assuming that your 1 day entrance is just for Galaxy's Edge. The bulk of the experience will be aboard the ship that is your resort.

Which is all you would get with the resort. Assuming that your 1 day entrance is just for Galaxy's Edge. The bulk of the experience will be aboard the ship that is your resort.
Which makes this a good way to keep 400 people a day out of GE---- I guess that is a drop in a bucket.

I would expect Star Wars Resort guests to have activities in Galaxy's Edge* when the park is closed. That way the experience could be more immersive since there wouldn't be guests in Milky Way wear milling about, for example a pre-park opening activity.

* I vaguely recall reading that Star Wars Land was supposed to be some sort of transit hub on the wane (sort of Radiator Springs in Space), but I can't remember if that was Rumor or Disney saying that. Anyway, I don't think it makes sense for Galaxy's Edge to be an old transit hub. If it's on the Edge of the Galaxy, there is no point in having a transit hub there. I'm assuming the rumor is false, or Disney is scrapping that idea.

* I vaguely recall reading that Star Wars Land was supposed to be some sort of transit hub on the wane (sort of Radiator Springs in Space), but I can't remember if that was Rumor or Disney saying that. Anyway, I don't think it makes sense for Galaxy's Edge to be an old transit hub. If it's on the Edge of the Galaxy, there is no point in having a transit hub there. I'm assuming the rumor is false, or Disney is scrapping that idea.

That is accurate. Used to be a major trading port until Hyperspace lanes bypassed it, now its a seedy Mos Eisley type of place. Which doesn't make sense for a luxury cruise liner to port there....so I imagine the story for the resort will be something else.

I see everyone comparing the price to other resorts. I think you need to look more at the price of the Disney Cruises to base the price of this experience to as it will be all inclusive and booked similar to a cruise, 3, 4 or 7 days. My two cents worth.

I feel like this is something I will only be able to do once in my life due to the price. Exciting but I'm a "meh" given that fact this will almost certainly be ridiculously expensive.

Sorry to say, because I am always complaining about resort prices being out of line, but...

I'll do this. Once. Just to say I tried it and because my husband would be absolutely beside himself with joy.

Regarding admission to Galaxy's Edge...

Seems to me the schedule would be check in day 1 midday, then spend day 2 in the hotel completely, then day 3 you maybe have breakfast and then "disembark the ship" to Galaxy's Edge, making it like you had arrived at your destination and had been in space traveling the previous day and a half.

That makes the most sense to me, but doesn't seem to be the consensus in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter