Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAKE MY MONEY! On my sci fi convention boards the rumor is $1400 per night for 2 adults. No one outside of the experience will be allowed in as it would ruin the show...just rumors, but interesting stuff.

Obviously not 1:1 at all, but I started thinking about one of the most expensive rooms currently on property. Rack rate Poly Bungalow: $2,300 - $4,100/night (latter is during Christmas holiday). You can theoretically fit 8 people in there, so $512 pp at peak.

We used DVC points and were comfortable at 5 people in this room -- wouldn't want to do 8. So for us, let's call it a peak of $820pp. Obviously no "fully immersive experience", and no theme that some will pay an arm and a leg for. I believe those aren't always at 100% occupancy at only 20 units.

Nothing earth shattering... just sharing my thoughts... I still think $1,000 pp at a small capacity hotel may well be a "reasonable" price given what I'd imagine demand would be.

For those discussing the cost per night and comparing it to other resorts, this is not an accurate comparison. The amount of money it costs to stay at the Poly or GF for instance, is just covering your accommodations. This is not accommodations. It is a multiday full immersion experience. They have to pay cast members, and not just front desk or cleaning type people, but also basically improve actors who are always in full character. They have to manage interconnected individual encounters and adventures for as many as 400 people simultaneously. They need "sets" and "props" above and beyond your room and restaurant. Meals and "costumes" for guests are included. I also feel confident this will include "excursions" to "Galaxy's Edge."
This is a new type of entertainment which hasn't been done in Disney before. One that has never been executed on this scale or with this level of professionalism. This is a 48 hour Zombie Escape Room themed to the most beloved cultural phenomenon of the past 50 years, created and executed by the most detail oriented, professional story tellers in the world.
$1000/person a night is a pretty fair price point for this, and I expect it to be about 2/3 of this when the numbers come out.

TAKE MY MONEY! On my sci fi convention boards the rumor is $1400 per night for 2 adults. No one outside of the experience will be allowed in as it would ruin the show...just rumors, but interesting stuff.

Hmmmm, I think I will be sending my husband and my FIL to check this one out without me, SW is fine, I am just not a huge fan of super interactive things and dressing up, I am more of an 'enjoy from the sidelines with a drink' kind of gal.

I wonder if the hotel guests will get early access to "Star Wars Land" (I'm not using the other name, it's lame). Like they do for Harry Potter in Uni.

The hotel still wouldn't interest me, but other nerds maybe enticed by the prospect. As long as they don't have to fight a Rancor in a pit while Jabba watches.

470_2740264.jpg

For those discussing the cost per night and comparing it to other resorts, this is not an accurate comparison. The amount of money it costs to stay at the Poly or GF for instance, is just covering your accommodations. This is not accommodations. It is a multiday full immersion experience.

Yes. I said all of that in my post...

Obviously not 1:1 at all... Obviously no "fully immersive experience", and no theme that some will pay an arm and a leg for.

The hotel still wouldn't interest me, but other nerds maybe enticed by the prospect. As long as they don't have to fight a Rancor in a pit while Jabba watches.
Are you crazy?? That's the kind of stuff us "nerds" would pay extra for. :P

Are you crazy?? That's the kind of stuff us "nerds" would pay extra for. :P

Hahaha you're right. If I'm guaranteed not to lose a limb I'd think about it.

There's a few people at the "All Star Resorts" front desk that deserve to be tossed into the pit with me.

"What do you mean all of my fastpasses have been erased?"

(hatch door opens)

"In you go."

Did you ever do the Star Trek experience at the Las Vegas Hilton? The final version of it with the transporter room, bridge and Borg attack was amazing and as close to this as I think we will ever get. :worried:

Nope, sure didn't. I wish I had, though. I have a pipe dream that Universal gives Star Trek the attention it deserved a couple decades ago, but I know it's just a pipe dream.

I am thrilled this has been announced. Massive Star Wars fan so this is a dream come true. There's a few things I've been thinking about.

I reckon this will be located to the side of Galaxy's Edge. Similar to Hogwarts express, you'll board a transport with screens that will take you to Galay's Edge.

For the price, I'd expect the costumes to be included.

I can imagine missions from the resort to carry over into Galaxy's Edge. I just can't help but think I could be clostrophobic in a place with no windows for the best part of 2 days.

Although I like Star Wars, and my husband is a HUGE fan of the franchise, I can't see either of us spending money on this if it's at the $1500 price point for one person for two nights or worse yet, even more money. For that kind of money I can go to Jamaica and stay in a 4 star hotel with unlimited food and drinks for one week. I'm all for immersion, but that's too much for even me and this is coming from someone who contemplated spending $15k to go to Bora Bora for one week.

IMG_0636.PNG
I wonder if the hotel guests will get early access to "Star Wars Land" (I'm not using the other name, it's lame). Like they do for Harry Potter in Uni.

470_2740264.jpg

Am I missing something about the "no sunlight" worry. I assume a large part of the experience will be going to the park (Galaxies Edge) won't there be sunlight there?
Yeah-- the survey sent said one day admission to the park--so you have the day you arrive being inside, the middle day I would assume would be the day to travel to GE--- and then checking out after breakfast the next day--- that sounds acceptable.......and actually really short---- probably only 6 meals-- lunch and dinner the first day, all three the middle, and breakfast the third......so 6 meals at 50? each is 300....times 2 people is 600....two nights at 400? each for double occupancy, and 2 park admissions at 100 each..... that's 1600.......for 2 people two nights..... anything extra is for entertainment / shows.....hope alcohol is included...... deal breaker....

Will the resort guests, in costume, essentially be incorporated into the Galaxy's Edge immersion/story line as well? I think this sounds amazing! Not crazy about the price, but its 3 days of full Star Wars immersion. It is cosplay at comic con x 1000. The rooms, entrance to the park, entertainment, meals, drinks, quests.... Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!