Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually as the cheaper cabins become full.....But as you get closer to the cruise date, they become way cheaper.... to fill the last spaces....

They could do this too. Last minute openings at a discount. I am sure they will want 100% bookings.

They could do this too. Last minute openings at a discount. I am sure they will want 100% bookings.
Those would be the ones I will be waiting for......It really makes people mad though... like people on a cruise talking with other guests and finding that they paid more than twice what some fellow passengers paid because they made early plans.... and for the same package....

I guess this applies everywhere though...

Those would be the ones I will be waiting for......It really makes people mad though... like people on a cruise talking with other guests and finding that they paid more than twice what some fellow passengers paid because they made early plans.... and for the same package....

I guess this applies everywhere though...

No different from airlines - though they never have last minute deals. I can't be upset with any of that because it's common with travel and vacation industry. If you aren't happy with the price you got, you better work harder on your plans.

People who regularly cruise know it’s a crapshoot though. Prices stay higher at the end as often as they drop. And if you have to fly, the increased airfare for booking late can cancel out all the cruise savings. I do understand the frustration if it’s a first cruise.

Not exactly new info, but...

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2018/05/update-on-the-star-wars-immersive-resort-planned-for-walt-disney-world-resort/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+DisneyParks+(Disney+Parks+Blog)

“Update on the Star WarsImmersive Resort Planned for Walt Disney World Resort

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

Last summer, plans for a Star Wars-inspired destination at Walt Disney World Resort were unveiled at the D23 Expo.

Today we are happy to share the location of this exciting addition, which is currently under development on the south side of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, just east of World Drive. This location will allow the experience to be seamlessly connected to the highly-anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, enabling guests to fully immerse themselves in the story of Star Wars.

This experience stands out among all of our destinations around the globe. Families visiting this destination will board a starship that comes alive with characters and stories that unfold all around them during their voyage through the galaxy – and every cabin window has views of space! Guests visiting the multi-day adventure will also be welcome to participate as a resident of the Galaxy by dressing in Star Wars-inspired attire.

Keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog in the coming months for updates.”

Really fascinating, surprised at how few rooms there will be, also interesting it will actually be laid out like a ship.

But then I guess the more people the more difficult to manage the story line, still, I figured you could build a 4 story and stack 2 of these on top of each other.

Still interested to see pricing, 1000 - 2000 per night ? Per person ? I know there were early rumors of a per night for the room and then per person charge as well

Really fascinating, surprised at how few rooms there will be, also interesting it will actually be laid out like a ship.

But then I guess the more people the more difficult to manage the story line, still, I figured you could build a 4 story and stack 2 of these on top of each other.

Still interested to see pricing, 1000 - 2000 per night ? Per person ? I know there were early rumors of a per night for the room and then per person charge as well
If hotel is indeed this small, then $1000 per adult per night would be the low end.

If hotel is indeed this small, then $1000 per adult per night would be the low end.

I wonder with the rumored story aspect if they're going to price this like a land cruise, ie you basically book 3/4 day stays and everyone checks in on the same day. Pricing it all inclusive I could see them going with starting $5000 per person for a 4 day stay ... sounds crazy but if they are really only going to have ~ 100 rooms the pricing will be insane and it will still be booked solid for years.

Based on the article posted about the new hotel, it appears before entering there will be a luggage x-ray and metal detectors. Do you think this is going to come to all hotels on property?

They can do that at a small boutique hotel. But how would you ever accomplish that at massive complexes like Pop Century? Would they search cars every time they come and go? Make people go through metal detectors every time they leave and return?

I wonder with the rumored story aspect if they're going to price this like a land cruise, ie you basically book 3/4 day stays and everyone checks in on the same day. Pricing it all inclusive I could see them going with starting $5000 per person for a 4 day stay ... sounds crazy but if they are really only going to have ~ 100 rooms the pricing will be insane and it will still be booked solid for years.
Pricing at $5000 pp for a 3 night/4 day all inclusive experience is what I would expect...if not more.

Pricing at $5000 pp for a 3 night/4 day all inclusive experience is what I would expect...if not more.

The experience won't be that long. It's going be a 3 day/2 night experience. I think they will do what they usually do is initially keep it "reasonable" and then as it books up you will see the price skyrocket. I predict it will be in the $1000-1500 per person for the 3 day / 2 night experience. (There will be 2-person per room minimum, so it will be more for a single passenger. I don't really think there will be options for longer experience, though you can likely sign up to do two consecutive experiences of course. But I also expect the experience will be about 70-80% identical for everyone with minor changes depending on what experience you pick.

They can do that at a small boutique hotel. But how would you ever accomplish that at massive complexes like Pop Century? Would they search cars every time they come and go? Make people go through metal detectors every time they leave and return?

I think it's only a matter of time until Disney does this for everything. Yes the infrastructure will be big, but they won't do it in the lobby. They will just insist that they take your bags to your room, and while they are doing it, they'll check your bags. In this case, it's very easy to build it into the theme, since you are going onto a spaceship. ("We need to check your luggage because we have word of pirates smuggling Kyber Crystals.")

I think it's only a matter of time until Disney does this for everything. Yes the infrastructure will be big, but they won't do it in the lobby. They will just insist that they take your bags to your room, and while they are doing it, they'll check your bags. In this case, it's very easy to build it into the theme, since you are going onto a spaceship. ("We need to check your luggage because we have word of pirates smuggling Kyber Crystals.")
Scanning bags alone won't actually do anything though. They'd have to check every person and car as well otherwise there is no point in scanning the bags anyways.

But so many of their resorts are massive and have parking near the various buildings. People could bring additional bags straight to their rooms at any time.

The experience won't be that long. It's going be a 3 day/2 night experience. I think they will do what they usually do is initially keep it "reasonable" and then as it books up you will see the price skyrocket. I predict it will be in the $1000-1500 per person for the 3 day / 2 night experience. (There will be 2-person per room minimum, so it will be more for a single passenger. I don't really think there will be options for longer experience, though you can likely sign up to do two consecutive experiences of course. But I also expect the experience will be about 70-80% identical for everyone with minor changes depending on what experience you pick.

I'm thinking that much per person PER NOGHT. I think $1000 or $1500 per person for 2 nights 3 days is way low.

But if it averages 1000 a night per person, avg 2 per room 2000 / night / room x 100 room x 365 = $73M ... I think they are looking for more.

I wonder about the room sizes. If the large ones (1st Class) are the family suites, it doesn't look like there will be too many. Looks like it will be mostly made up of 2 person rooms. That would be a disappointment. It will already be difficult (and expensive) to book. Having only a handful of rooms accommodating families will make it really tough to snag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter