Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing this points out is that construction likely hasn't even started. So it seems unlikely this opens in 2019 and maybe not even 2020.

though as we have seen with the Riviera and even the Skyliner construction, when there is tangible net increase in revenue to be had, they can move faster if they want ;)

But this does seem like something they wouldn't want to rush as the benefits to taking a bit longer and getting it right and keeping demand up for it, etc., to me, far outweigh and incremental benefit to having it open when SWGE opens. Actually, might be better to not have it open with the land opens as then you almost get like two grand openings for the die hard Star Wars fans who will come for the land opening and then again for the hotel opening

My wife is not the biggest Star Wars fan (she is a good sport about watching the films with me), and even she says she wants to do this. If Universal has a similar Harry Potter experience we would definitely do that as well. Both Hogsmeade and Diagon alley are extremely well done.

My plan would be to take my wife to this hotel for our anniversary. It would be a shame not to take the kids (son would be 7 or 8 in 2020) (especially he is still into Star Wars), but I think paying for two extra people will be cost prohibitive at the rumored prices.

(And besides . .this way WE can enjoy it without distractions)

Considering they haven't even broke ground on this, I can't imagine something like this being done by 2019 or even 2020, considering this won't be a "normal" hotel.

My plan would be to take my wife to this hotel for our anniversary. It would be a shame not to take the kids (son would be 7 or 8 in 2020) (especially he is still into Star Wars), but I think paying for two extra people will be cost prohibitive at the rumored prices.

(And besides . .this way WE can enjoy it without distractions)

Considering they haven't even broke ground on this, I can't imagine something like this being done by 2019 or even 2020, considering this won't be a "normal" hotel.
If it’s indeed a windowless box may actually be a much faster construction than the typical WDW hotel. Wouldn’t count it out for the SWGE opening.

But a windowless box with presumably a LOT of props and technology.

Right. If every window is going to have a view out onto space, especially if it's supposed to be views with stuff happening, we're talking all sorts of display/projection technology, just for starters. And forget maintenance, just getting it up to speed is going to be a nightmare.

Wondering if the hotel is the mythical phase 3 of the dhs project? If so that was destined for the corner adjacent to where the star wars and toy story lands meet.
Hopefully doesn't meet the same fate as the main street theater.

Wondering if the hotel is the mythical phase 3 of the dhs project? If so that was destined for the corner adjacent to where the star wars and toy story lands meet.
Considering they are still talking about it I don’t see it getting cut. Also “phase 3” was much larger than that corner.

No I don't think related to Phase 3. Phase 3 was supposedly another themed land - this is just a hotel that they can charge $1000 / night for. Just think they can probably get away with tiny rooms with no window because you are "on a space ship". It quite possibly doesn't need to be a very large property. I suspect we are only talking 100-200 rooms in order to accommodate the level of interactive storytelling that will accompany the experience.

Cruise ship pricing and scheduling seems to make the most sense. I, for one, will be booking this if it is humanely possible to get a reservation.

Count me in, if there is any way I can cough up the $.

I usually don't fall for Disney's overpriced high-end stuff, but they got me completely on this one.

I'm also thinking I will want to do it early because while the initial price will be high, once they realize it sells out easily, they will jack the price even higher.

I'll be retiring in 2020 and my place of employment will have to pay me for a boatload of vacation time. It should be more than enough to cover the cost of stay at this resort.
I'm guessing that the resort should be open in either 2020 to 2021 so it will be my retirement gift. I'm a fairly conservative individual in terms of finance and in most cases would never consider paying $800 to $1000 a night for a hotel room. However Disney will easily have access to my money if I can get a reservation. I hope there's some type of advance notice before they start accepting reservations.

I'll be retiring in 2020 and my place of employment will have to pay me for a boatload of vacation time. It should be more than enough to cover the cost of stay at this resort.
I'm guessing that the resort should be open in either 2020 to 2021 so it will be my retirement gift. I'm a fairly conservative individual in terms of finance and in most cases would never consider paying $800 to $1000 a night for a hotel room. However Disney will easily have access to my money if I can get a reservation. I hope there's some type of advance notice before they start accepting reservations.

Nice! I wish my company paid out unused vacation time. We just lose it

Thanks to blessings from DH, we will dip a little into the retirement funds for this. No penalties. I will be over 59 1/2. We'll deal with the taxes.

I will profess I am not a Star Wars fan, not that I'm against it just never saw the movies. (Audible gasps). I wonder how Disney will handle having Guest who will go full Star Wars at the hotel in garb, but wont be able to enter park with costume. I could also see the opportunity to allow costumes for an after hours night at the park for a pretty penny.

I will profess I am not a Star Wars fan, not that I'm against it just never saw the movies. (Audible gasps). I wonder how Disney will handle having Guest who will go full Star Wars at the hotel in garb, but wont be able to enter park with costume. I could also see the opportunity to allow costumes for an after hours night at the park for a pretty penny.

I think the guests in the hotel will be able to wear their costumes in the park during the hotel stay time in the park

I do think it will be interesting to see how things go for regular guests as a lot of major Star Wars fans are really into cosplay and the like

I’ll be surprised if they let guests around the rest of Hollywood Studios in costume. I think you’ll be bound to Batuu

I've been reading several other Disney and Star Wars fan blogs and some are guesstimating that the cost of a stay at this resort will be much higher than $1,000 a night. Some folks are saying that a stay at "Star Wars" will be more in the range of $3,500 to $4,000 for a two night stay. If that information turns out to be accurate, Disney may not be getting my money after all!

Last edited:
I love Star Wars, got my first millennium falcon in 1981 for Xmas, watched the movie 1000 times. As a kid I would have loved this! Not so much now. I have zero desire to be in something this fully immersive, although for those who like that kind of thing it sounds great. The hotel looks cool but I’m not wearing a costume or pretending that cast members are from another galaxy, lol.

It WILL be interesting to see how the reservations go. Hopefully they will open up to DVC/AP members first. I think $800 - $1000 is a pretty good guess at the starting price. And as I said, once it's a huge hit (and it likely will be) expect massive increases. (And expect Universal to jump on the bandwagon too.

though as we have seen with the Riviera and even the Skyliner construction, when there is tangible net increase in revenue to be had, they can move faster if they want ;)

@TheMaxRebo - the skyliner is taking close to two years, and a typical DVC resort takes about 2 years, but is usually built on the infrastructure of an existing resort.

So being that it is 2018 right now, and we are all pretty sure they have NOT started construction on this - I think 2020 is reasonably the earliest we can hope to see this open. (And also let's mention that even though they've slated SW:GE to open in 2019, there's been no mention of when this hotel opens - so at LOL used to say - "Trust only the shovels".)

@TheMaxRebo - the skyliner is taking close to two years, and a typical DVC resort takes about 2 years, but is usually built on the infrastructure of an existing resort.

So being that it is 2018 right now, and we are all pretty sure they have NOT started construction on this - I think 2020 is reasonably the earliest we can hope to see this open. (And also let's mention that even though they've slated SW:GE to open in 2019, there's been no mention of when this hotel opens - so at LOL used to say - "Trust only the shovels".)

Oh I fully agree - just when we see rides take 5 years or parking garages take 3 years - it is interesting how quickly they can get hotels up or other things that more directly lead to increased income.

I personally think they will wait for the hotel - then you get the super Star Wars fans in for opening day of the land and then a second trip for opening day of the hotel - so the benefit of 2 openings days

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter