Star Wars or Wishes dessert party

roopster

Earning My Ears
If you had to choose one, which would you go for?

The wording on the Disney site for the Star Wars one mentions alcoholic beverages, but Wishes doesn't. Does that mean they are included at the Star Wars one, or just that they are available for an additional cost?

The wording on the Disney site for the Star Wars one mentions alcoholic beverages, but Wishes doesn't. Does that mean they are included at the Star Wars one, or just that they are available for an additional cost?

The booze is included in the Star Wars dessert party.

Thank you! I'm guessing it isn't at the Wishes one?

Is the selection of desserts on offer similar?

But I presume the actual fireworks are better at Wishes compared to the Star Wars one in terms of taking advantage of the ticketed space to view (it's our first time going to Disney).

Having said that we will obviously see Wishes another time if we book the Star Wars one. We are going the first week of September so it might not be too busy to get a good view of Wishes from somewhere else one night?

We may not stress about seeing the Star Wars fireworks if we don't do the dessert party - basically we all love dessert (and it's a holiday so it's OK for once!)

Star Wars is a better value.

I did the jingle bell jingle bam and MVMCP wishes dessert part both on our last trip.

the HS dessert parties have primo view of fireworks, booze, more savory selections (it can really qualify as a light meal). The MK ones have no booze, some cheese and crackers only along with desserts and fruit and IMO the view is not the best view you can have of the castle. I am glad we did both - our MVMCP was PACKED and it included parade viewing, which was worth the price of admission, and it was toward the end of our trip so we were tired and it was nice to have the reserved seating where my kid could just sort of lean on me and not complain. Without the parade viewing and at a non packed day, I'm not sure the wishes party is worth it. I think the star wars party is ALWAYS worth it if you want to see the show due to the premium viewing area. The wishes one is only really worth it as a trade off of a less than ideal view vs. crowds.

My vote is for Star Wars Dessert party, actually have done this party twice. The food is great and viewing area for fireworks is really nice. The dessert party in MK, the food is good but the
viewing area is blocked by trees. pooh:pooh:

Does anyone know how far in advance the reservations for the Star Wars dessert party open? We are traveling the first week in June. Thanks!

Thank you! I'm guessing it isn't at the Wishes one?

Is the selection of desserts on offer similar?

But I presume the actual fireworks are better at Wishes compared to the Star Wars one in terms of taking advantage of the ticketed space to view (it's our first time going to Disney).

Having said that we will obviously see Wishes another time if we book the Star Wars one. We are going the first week of September so it might not be too busy to get a good view of Wishes from somewhere else one night?

We may not stress about seeing the Star Wars fireworks if we don't do the dessert party - basically we all love dessert (and it's a holiday so it's OK for once!)

Just an FYI for your planning in case you weren't aware that they will be starting MNSSHP at MK on certain nts, and the park will close at 7 to regular guests a few times that week, and no fireworks will be shown(unless you are paying for the ticket to the party). So plan to be at MK on one of the full days to see the fireworks. Official dates have not been announced yet, but you can see on park hrs days that closing is listed at 7.

I liked the Star Wars dessert party better than Wishes. The view was right up front with SW while Wishes was kind of off to the side. They do now have Wishes parties down in front on the Plaza garden area. They did have alcoholic beverages at the Star Wars party but they had very little alcohol in each of them.

Definitely do Star Wars. Its not much more than the wishes party and hello, booze :drinking1:-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter